Toyota Fortuner 155 50.82%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 19:55   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
When is the delivery scheduled ? Do look forward to an ownership thread of the F30.
As soon as the loan process gets over. Fingers crossed the car should be with me sometime next week if not this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Did you have the slightest clue that you would end up buying a beemer at the start of the discussion? That's the power of TBHP
Absolutely NO! Infact to be honest the only reason why this thread was put up in the first place was that I couldn't justify to myself if paying 25-27L for the Fortuner is a good idea. But once decided to go for the new Fortuner, member Sunnysm's post on the deal that he got on the 320D made it all change. Suddenly the OTR price of the BMW was within a stone's throw of the Fortuner and coupled with the fact that my father really didn't see any point in going for the Fortuner over our current Innova, meant that we were seriously considering the Germans.

Infact you will be surprised to know that it had all started with my Dad wanting to buy a small hatch ( Ritz because he loves Maruti still!). I vetoed that idea with the arguement that we should keep the total number of cars in the garage in check and hence he should rather replace the Innova with the Fortuner which then can be used by me and he move on to Sunny or Altis.
Old 20th November 2013, 11:57   #257
BHPian

i dont mean to hijack this thread, but need opinions on a similar query.

I am looking to buy a car , for my self driving father. He is interested in a big muv/suv type car as he usually drives an innova on our way to the factory on very poor roads.

He is not interested in a small car as he finds driving them to be painful for his lower back.

He now wants to buy another Innova, vx variant, whereas i am interested in a xuv 500.

Our current innova has done 1.16 lac kms and still feels like new. We are not replacing our current Innova, rather looking for an additional vehicle.

Any suggestions?? Easy of driving & ride comfort being primary concerns, along with reliability.

Thanks.

P.S. : Mohit, congratulations on the BMW.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 12:31   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
i dont mean to hijack this thread, but need opinions on a similar query.

I am looking to buy a car , for my self driving father. He is interested in a big muv/suv type car as he usually drives an innova on our way to the factory on very poor roads.

He is not interested in a small car as he finds driving them to be painful for his lower back.

He now wants to buy another Innova, vx variant, whereas i am interested in a xuv 500.

Our current innova has done 1.16 lac kms and still feels like new. We are not replacing our current Innova, rather looking for an additional vehicle.

Any suggestions?? Easy of driving & ride comfort being primary concerns, along with reliability.

Thanks.

P.S. : Mohit, congratulations on the BMW.
I'll suggest you the xuv, now that most of the niggles have been taken care of, it's an awesome product. It's comfortable, it drives well, has features list that can put many cars to shame. Make your dad drive the xuv, I am sure he'll like it.
Old 20th November 2013, 12:44   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What about vehicles like ecosport, duster, terrano and yeti? These would be much more comfortable to drive than an innova or xuv.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:27   #260
BHPian

I have tried the Ecosport & loved it & even my dad likes it, however the looong wait & rude dealers made me cancel my booking. And I am not willing to pay 1 lac ''Premium", as I recently found out, while inquiring for a friend.

Duster/Terrano have a great Ride, but have poor ergonomics & I am not comfortable getting in or out of the vehicle, especially at the rear seats , has poor leg room at the rear.

Skoda: I did own a Skoda Octavia from 2002- 2007 & have promised my self , never to buy one, just because of the dealers.

Hence the dilemma.
Old 20th November 2013, 16:33   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried the Ecosport & loved it & even my dad likes it, however the looong wait & rude dealers made me cancel my booking. And I am not willing to pay 1 lac ''Premium", as I recently found out, while inquiring for a friend.

Duster/Terrano have a great Ride, but have poor ergonomics & I am not comfortable getting in or out of the vehicle, especially at the rear seats , has poor leg room at the rear.

Skoda: I did own a Skoda Octavia from 2002- 2007 & have promised my self , never to buy one, just because of the dealers.

Hence the dilemma.
Then you first need to decide on your budget. Other than the Innova you can consider the Safari Storme or the XUV in the similar price bracket. If you want to still spend more then you can take a look at the Fortuner and Pajero sport.
You will find all the information about Pros and cons of all these vehicles in the previous pages of this thread. At the end it all boils down to your budget and personal preferences.
Old 20th November 2013, 17:39   #262
BHPian

i already have a fortuner. Its not about budget. Just about opinions on driving.

How reliable is xuv 500; nowadays?
Old 20th November 2013, 17:59   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i already have a fortuner. Its not about budget. Just about opinions on driving.

The posts on xuv niggles thread, shows that the niggles aren't much if a bother now.

The recent batch owners here are also, quite happy with the cars, it's not a toyota but still its easy to live with now, as compared to earlier ones.
Old 20th November 2013, 18:34   #264
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mohit on the baby Beemer. Its a fantastic driver's car but be ready to shell out high costs on maintenance. I had a serious look at that car last year while looking for a luxury sedan but found the car too small for my needs. My choice of the Beemer is the 5 series. Other points to be taken care about this car are the run-flats and the battery.

Wishing you years of happy driving with the Beemer...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 19:24   #265
BANNED

Quote:
Reasonably reliable, but I recommend the Storme over the XUV for its better ride quality, space for 5 occupants and the fact that it has proven to be equally reliable.

Tell him to take a TD of both these vehicles, though I m kind of sure that none of them will appeal to him as much as the Innova.
Old 21st November 2013, 11:20   #266
BHPian

Quote:
i already have a fortuner. Its not about budget. Just about opinions on driving. How reliable is xuv 500; nowadays?
Why don't you check the rexton out. It's a very underrated car though with the best suspension of the lot and relatively niggle free as compared to the xuv. Having owned one for the past 6 months it's highway manners are just remarkable.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 01:21   #267

I would say go for XUV 5oo, considering you own a Toyota. M&M will truly give you a new experience and with the improved version on 5oo, i am sure the ride is much improved with hardly any niggles. (I got my 5oo a month back and trust me its a sexy machine) xuv will make the ride more beautiful and less monotonous let us know your final decision.... cheers
Old 25th November 2013, 12:33   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Final update to the thread

Guys I have finally booked the BMW 320d , Imperial blue colour today .

Cheers!
Sorry for the tuning in late but a hearty congrats is in order. I'm glad you resolved the car buying dilemma very quickly and that too very effectively! Alas I do hope you make a run from Delhi to Baroda in the F30. Enjoy your car to the fullest and drive safe. Many happy miles of german motoring ahead.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:40   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Sorry for the tuning in late but a hearty congrats is in order. I'm glad you resolved the car buying dilemma very quickly and that too very effectively! Alas I do hope you make a run from Delhi to Baroda in the F30. Enjoy your car to the fullest and drive safe. Many happy miles of german motoring ahead.
Thanks for the wishes. No way I am getting the car here. Want to but doesn't make sense. The city traffic is dominated by two wheelers here and I am extra cautious with Altis itself. With the Beemer will probably have to install bull bars all around!

BTW did your search materialize into something concrete yet?
Old 26th November 2013, 16:12   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
As soon as the loan process gets over. Fingers crossed the car should be with me sometime next week if not this weekend.
Have you taken the delivery of your F30? We are eagerly waiting for updates on the delivery experience (no hassles I hope) and of course initial ownership review!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks