Toyota Fortuner 155 50.82%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2017, 19:22   #316
BANNED

Re: Fortuner 4X2 AT Vs Mahindra XUV5OO W10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Speaking about the Crysta, There are too many niggles such as misaligned tyres, brake rotor issues, engine malfunction light glowing abruptly, water leakage to name a few, which questions the bullet proof reliability of Innova. Plus the cool attitude from Toyota is not acceptable.
Do keep in mind that it is the same Toyota that makes both these cars and they have a very similar architecture and many common parts. If it was me, I would go for the Crysta and save the 8-9 lacs . If you aren't comfortable buying a 20L car from them, i suggest dont buy a 30L one either.

If you are going to use the car as much as the City, The hexa would be a good choice( for 7-8 yrs). If you think of selling early, within 5 years just go with a Toyota. Before buying a car, do try all alternatives, and I mean all, even the MU-X , and Hexa and whichever 7 seater I maybe missing out on.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 19:57   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

The hexa would be a good choice( for 7-8 yrs). If you think of selling early, within 5 years just go with a Toyota
I thought the other way around.....If you want to clock more kms & keep the vehicle for 7-8 years, buy Toyota...I believe their engines are rock solid & can easily do more kms (2-6 Lakhs) without any major trouble.

Heard that reliability will be the a major concern for mahindra/Tata etc once the vehicle clock 1L-1.5L kms
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 00:35   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How frequently does the entire family go out on the highway?
This is just one of the aspects to buy a SUV rather than renting it. My father travels a lot due to our business. A Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi run once or twice every two weeks, A visit to the Natives in Amritsar every two - three months (Whole family) and a drive in the Summer Holidays(again all 6 of us). All of this was done on City, Hence the need here, according to me is justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Do keep in mind that it is the same Toyota that makes both these cars and they have a very similar architecture and many common parts. If it was me, I would go for the Crysta and save the 8-9 lacs . If you aren't comfortable buying a 20L car from them, i suggest dont buy a 30L one either.
I must say you have a very valid point here. Indeed both the cars have similar architecture, but then I did not come across any major problems on the Fortuner reported by BHPians (Do link a thread If you find some). I dont want to take a chance with the safety of my family (It is not about the safety features but reliability). And moreover, existing Innova Crysta Niggles thread is sufficient to scare me and keep me away from buying it, but then it is my perspective. Hope you understand the point here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I thought the other way around.....If you want to clock more kms & keep the vehicle for 7-8 years, buy Toyota...I believe their engines are rock solid & can easily do more kms (2-6 Lakhs) without any major trouble.
Old 6th February 2018, 21:38   #319
BANNED

Sell Eritiga and Buy ????

Hi All

I own a Ertiga which has just touched 80k kms, now i am confused as to whether i should hold it for another 1 year and sell or sell it now and buy something else.

Since 80k km is done i foresee , Steering Box change & Suspension change, also if i sell now i may get better value as market value changes after 1L km.

So here are the questions.
1. Should i sell or keep it for another year or so
2. What is the value i can expect for 2013 ZDI 80k km - all service on time and on interval.
3. What spacious SUV can i get for upto 12L (used)
4. Can we get decent 1L km done Fortuner or is it a good option
5 or should i look for XUV / Rexton / Pajero - Which is better - 1 am 6.1 and priority is leg space for me
6 Innova was not comfortable in the driver seat
Old 6th February 2018, 22:18   #320
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

I own a Ertiga which has just touched 80k kms, now i am confused as to whether i should hold it for another 1 year and sell or sell it now and buy something else.

Since 80k km is done i foresee , Steering Box change & Suspension change, also if i sell now i may get better value as market value changes after 1L km.

2. What is the value i can expect for 2013 ZDI 80k km - all service on time and on interval.

5 or should i look for XUV / Rexton / Pajero - Which is better - 1 am 6.1 and priority is leg space for me

Hello Sir,

Let me leave the first two questions to the Gurus here and try answering the last four:

3) For upto 12 Lakh INR, you can get yourself a used Toyota Fortuner, an Endeavour or a XUV 5oo.

4) Used fortuners are abundant in the used car market. You can easily get a well maintained Fortuner for well under 12 Lakhs. Toyota Body On Frame diesels are known to be very reliable, you can easily use it for another Lakh km or so.

5) Within these 3 options, a used XUV is the best choice. The rexton isn't known to be a reliable car to live with. Link to Rexton engine trouble thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/135000-engine-trouble-mahindra-ssangyong-rexton-edit-turbo-replaced-under-warranty-13.html

A used Pajero is a very good option except for the fact that Mitsubishi's after sales and service network isn't great. The XUV offers plenty of legroom, trust me, we own one and my father is 6 foot too, and the people sitting right behind him have loads of legroom to stretch their legs.

6) Between the Fortuner And the XUV, if space and ride quality is your main priority, go in for the XUV (the previous gen Fortuner is known to have a very bumpy ride). The XUV's ride quality is superior to the Fortuner and also comes loaded with features.

Bhpian Ace F355 Sir purchased a used fortuner in 2016. Link to ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-crunched.html

Link to D- Bhpian @ParagSachania Sir's Ertiga ownership thread in case you want to know more about the 80k service and whether to retain the Ertiga or not.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/145677-tallboy-welcomes-longer-companion-maruti-ertiga-vdi-140-000-km-up-35.html

Regards
Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 6th February 2018 at 22:35.
Prathiiik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 07:51   #321
BHPian

Re: Sell Eritiga and Buy ????

last month we exchanged our 2012 Ertiga Zdi with a new XUV 500 AWD AT. got 5.5 lakhs for 81000 kms used ertiga without alloys.
if you are going for Fortuner, expect a poor ride comfort compared to ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

Old 9th February 2018, 11:38   #322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
last month we exchanged our 2012 Ertiga Zdi with a new XUV 500 AWD AT. got 5.5 lakhs for 81000 kms used ertiga without alloys.
if you are going for Fortuner, expect a poor ride comfort compared to ertiga.
Thank you for the update . Mine is ZDi without alloys as well.

How much was XUV on road cost and is the autobox good enough ?
Old 9th February 2018, 13:01   #323
BHPian

costed 22lakhs on road in trivandrum for w10 at awd, with december discounts applied and insurance directly from royal sundaram.
At has a slight lag, but manageable. I found at far superior to mt for obvious reasons.
btw we felt Hexa at transmission superior to xuv's.

[wQUOTE=joshguy;4354010]Thank you for the update . Mine is ZDi without alloys as well.

How much was XUV on road cost and is the autobox good enough ?[/quote]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks