Toyota Fortuner 155 50.82%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 16:39   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Have you taken the delivery of your F30? We are eagerly waiting for updates on the delivery experience (no hassles I hope) and of course initial ownership review!
Delivery scheduled for tomorrow or day after. Pushing for tomorrow. Had got delayed due to some unavoidable circumstances. Dealership experience has been smooth still now and hopefully will continue to be same at time of delivery.

Ownership review for sure will put up in the due course ( already under compilation) .

Did you reach any decision yet?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 17:43   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Delivery scheduled for tomorrow or day after. Pushing for tomorrow. Had got delayed due to some unavoidable circumstances. Dealership experience has been smooth still now and hopefully will continue to be same at time of delivery.

Ownership review for sure will put up in the due course ( already under compilation) .

Did you reach any decision yet?
Great! I can feel the excitement already.

Well, currently my F30 buying decision process is like mood swings of a pregnant lady, except there is no one to tolerate my tantrums

On a serious note, I believe it is just a matter of time before I go and book one. "Which" car is no more a discussion only "when" is the question right now.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 26th November 2013 at 17:44.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:59   #273
BHPian

Quote:
BTW did your search materialize into something concrete yet?
Well I did finally got to TD the Fortunner AT here in Baroda and came back quite satisfied with it. Nevertheless the "decision" like its "taker" are in a permanent state of comatose to the utter disbelief of my family! But Will definitely have to sort out a car before the end of this financial year when my corolla turns 9!

It would have been a great to have a garage like you where you have different cars for different purpose. I think my idea of just keeping 2 cars for all purpose and one being a 'decent' upgrade' from the corolla is making me mad. Plus there still isn't any clarity of the Superb 2014 so you never know where I might end up.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:18   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

JOY came home finally last night. After some unavoidable delays took the delivery of my BMW 320d yesterday evening. Thanks to everyone for there contribution towards the decision making.

Here is a treat for your eyes (ownership review to follow soon) :
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner-optimizedimg_20131128_09221001.jpg  

drmohitg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 13:34   #275
BHPian

Congrats drmohitg.

I have been following this thread for quite a while now and I must say that is a brilliant choice. The car looks superb and hope you enjoy many a mile on it.

P.S. - I see you have already changed your signature.

Last edited by satan's_valet : 28th November 2013 at 13:35.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:52   #276
BHPian

Quote:
JOY came home finally last night. After some unavoidable delays took the delivery of my BMW 320d yesterday evening. Thanks to everyone for there contribution towards the decision making.

Congratulations Mohit, amazing end to a lovely quest. So ze German won after all. Put up a link on this thread when your review is up. Also can you PM me the break up of the costs involved with the maintenance and insurance components. Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 17:09   #277
BHPian

Quote:
JOY came home finally last night.
Congratulations!! Enjoy the experience.

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for it.
Old 28th November 2013, 18:50   #278
Senior - BHPian

Just now saw this thread; "unputdownable"

Congrats Mohit...as someone has said, the power of TBHP is very much evident, and it is indeed the right way to own a beemer...
Old 30th November 2013, 14:43   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Congratulations Mohit, amazing end to a lovely quest. So ze German won after all. Put up a link on this thread when your review is up. Also can you PM me the break up of the costs involved with the maintenance and insurance components. Thanks
Quote:
Congratulations!! Enjoy the experience.
Eagerly waiting for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I have been following this thread for quite a while now and I must say that is a brilliant choice. The car looks superb and hope you enjoy many a mile on it.

P.S. - I see you have already changed your signature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Congrats Mohit...as someone has said, the power of TBHP is very much evident, and it is indeed the right way to own a beemer...
The ownership thread has been put up
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...imate-3-a.html
Old 17th December 2013, 14:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

New XUV or Pre-Owned Fortuner !!

Yes, I understand it's heart vs head choice but this is what I am juggling in between.

Budget 14-15 Lakhs, Requirement - SUV

XUV W8 - Wise Head Choice
+VEs
-Modern Vehicle
-Loaded with Features
-Kitted up better safety features like all Disc Brakes and 6 Air bags
-New Vehicle with Warranty
-Can avail Bumper-to-Bumper Insurance.
-Proper 7 Seater
-Lucrative Year end deals ranging 1 Lakh + Cash discounts (Corporate Discounts included)

-VEs
-Mahindra Reliability
-Plastic Quality ain't very good
-Does not feel rich and plush in contrast to fortuner.

Fortuner - Flirty Heart Choice
+VEs
-Toyota Reliability - Bulletproof - Personal experience.
-Will last long then xuv - Have driven 120k kms driven fortuner and 40k kms xuv, read Fortuner far better !!
-No nonsense car
-Rich and plush feeling - Better then XUV
-Will be fetching better resale value since due to inflation fortuner price will be hitting 30+ after 5 years and if a 20 lakh suv (2009) can fetch 15 lakh today (2013) most likely trend will continue and 30 lakh suv will easily fetch 10-11 lakh in 2018-19. A loss of 4-5 Lakh vis-a-vis atleast 50% loss i.e. 7.5-8 in case of New XUV, sounds good

-VEs
-Very Hard to find a good examples
-Bare basic SUV for the price being paid
-2009-2010 models available for the said budget only
-Not a great 7 seater, barely manageable.
-No bumper to bumper Insurance, have to shell out extra from my pocket in case of major accident in the next 5 years of ownership.

Looking at +ves and -ves I am utterly confused between two choices hence wanted word of wisdom from team.

Kindly suggest !!
Old 17th December 2013, 15:11   #281
BHPian

Re: New XUV or Pre-Owned Fortuner !!

If i was in your shoes, it would have been a brand new XUV 500.

Last edited by brraj : 17th December 2013 at 15:12.
brraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 15:16   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

You have been sailing in this uncertainty boat for quite some time now. To be honest there is no correct answer to this. On one hand the XUV looks really tempting with all its gadgets and even the looks have now slowly grown over me in the last few months since I was considering picking up XUV or Fortuner myself. On the other hand the Fortuner just feels to be in a whole different league when it comes to ownership experience but at the same time doesn't offer you much in terms of features specially the pre facelifted variant that you are considering. The problem is complicated further by the atrociously high pricing of the Fortuner in the used car market and even then its quite difficult to find a less run car. I agree that Fortuner can run for lacs of kms but the interiors and mechanical parts like the suspension does take a beating and hence I never like to look at any used car done more than 30k kms and that too when I am paying 15-16L for it.

So even though till today I am smitten by the looks of the Fortuner, my vote goes to the XUV500 in this this case.

BTW regarding the 0 dep insurance, you can get it for 5 years these days. Hence even a used Fortuner of lets say 2010 make will still be covered for another 2 years.

You can go through my thread here to get an idea of the different aspects of both vehicles. But beware that this will only confuse you further !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...-bmw-320d.html

Last edited by drmohitg : 17th December 2013 at 15:29.
Old 17th December 2013, 16:24   #283
BHPian

A used Fortuner. Better quality all round, more reliable, better A** and crucially - will hold its value much better than XUV thereby resulting in far lower depreciation hit. But those are the things that I place a premium on and hence my suggestion is to go with the Fortuner. If you for example place a higher premium on the new vehicle feel then you should pick XUV.
Old 17th December 2013, 18:29   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW regarding the 0 dep insurance, you can get it for 5 years these days. Hence even a used Fortuner of lets say 2010 make will still be covered for another 2 years.

You can go through my thread here to get an idea of the different aspects of both vehicles. But beware that this will only confuse you further !
Buying a 2010 will end up having single year of 0 dep policy only. i.e.
2010-2011-1st year, 2011-2012-2nd year, 2012-2013-3rd year, 2013-2014-4th year. So considering last owner hasn't picked up 0 dep policy, I will be enjoying 0 dep policy for one year only.

Options ? I even don't want to talk about at Pre-owned car market filled up X1, 320D, A4, Near to New Laura, Superb.. heck even Mitsubishi montero in 15 Lakh price band.. It's so much lucrative line under 15 Lakhs.

Quote:
This has already been discussed extensively on drmohitg's thread. Here is the link:

Mods: Just saw that drmohitg has already replied with the same link. Please delete the post if you feel it's not required.
Here ball game is bit different Mohit was comparing both new veichles, I am comparing between New Veichle and Pre-Owned One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
A used Fortuner. Better quality all round, more reliable, better A** and crucially - will hold its value much better than XUV thereby resulting in far lower depreciation hit. But those are the things that I place a premium on and hence my suggestion is to go with the Fortuner. If you for example place a higher premium on the new vehicle feel then you should pick XUV.
We are on the same page Cesc, for me as well Reliable and Better A** plays very important role. Only thing I ain't able to decide is, Better Reliability/Old Vehicle or Better Gadgets/Newer Vehicle.
Old 17th December 2013, 18:41   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Only thing I ain't able to decide is, Better Reliability/Old Vehicle or Better Gadgets/Newer Vehicle.
You have answered it ashthedivx:

If your prime concern is reliability then, it is the pre owned Fortuner.
If your prime concern is gadgets, then, it is the new XUV W8 AWD.

What would I buy? Prolly a new Safari Storme Vx 4WD/Mahindra Scorpio VLX 4WD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks