Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2019, 21:17   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

GV managed -30 degree Celsius, couple of snow storms and brutal snow drives like a boss, in Spiti during last two months. One more month to go but will not be that harsh.


Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?-dsc_5565edit.jpg

Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?-dsc_5685edit.jpg

Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?-dsc_5693edit.jpg

Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?-dsc_5704edit.jpg

Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?-dsc_5548edit.jpg
rkbharat is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 21:30   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiraj View Post
Dear Fellow GV Owners,

Sorry for bumping into an old thread. I am planning to buy a used 2.4 MT GV. I could use some help to see how easy/difficult it is to source spares for GV? One of my aquantance who works at Maruti ASS and one of the mechanics warned me about long waiting time and unavailability of spares. Is there a reliable source that can help with sourcing parts for GV?
I am based in Pune.

Thanks for any help!
As of now, I have managed to secure parts quite easily from a Maruti spare parts store Alva motors in gurgaon. My contact there is super guy and gets me the smallest possible parts in couple of days.
rkbharat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 07:13   #138
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Thanks a lot guys. I am yet to get my hands on a used GV 2.4 MT. Does anyone of you know any vehicle available for sell?
Alternatively, I was wondering if there are any remaps available for 2.0 GV that can give some boost of power? In that case, I can look for 2.0 MT and get it remapped.
Thanks,

Yogiraj.
yogiraj is offline  
Old 8th May 2019, 09:49   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 673
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiraj View Post
Thanks a lot guys. I am yet to get my hands on a used GV 2.4 MT. Does anyone of you know any vehicle available for sell?
Alternatively, I was wondering if there are any remaps available for 2.0 GV that can give some boost of power? In that case, I can look for 2.0 MT and get it remapped.
Thanks,

Yogiraj.
I had looked at remaps for my 2L AT. I found that most of the guys were just shooting in the dark.
I did not want to compromise on the reliability of the vehicle. So I finally just changed to Iridium spark plugs. I have managed quite a few offroads/badroads with the 2L engine. And I am able to cruise comfortably, on the highways, at 100 kmph for extended periods of time.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 16:33   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DEL / KOL
Posts: 890
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

What should the fair price for a 2.4L AT 2012 GV driven about 40k kms ?
Altocumulus is offline  
Old 28th June 2019, 20:54   #141
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,760
Thanked: 2,983 Times
Default

In my opinion 5 is max. Being AT the price will be lower
sudev is offline  
Old 18th July 2019, 17:49   #142
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
What should the fair price for a 2.4L AT 2012 GV driven about 40k kms ?
Just in case if you plan to pass this , can you please share the details with me .
Freedom4037 is offline  
Old 18th July 2019, 19:05   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DEL / KOL
Posts: 890
Thanked: 1,134 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
In my opinion 5 is max. Being AT the price will be lower
Thanks, sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4037 View Post
Just in case if you plan to pass this , can you please share the details with me .
Sure I will let you know.
Altocumulus is offline  
Old 7th September 2019, 15:11   #144
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Sure I will let you know.
Any luck with this?
Freedom4037 is offline  
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:44   #145
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palakkad
Posts: 13
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

I've been looking for a Grand Vitara for quite some time with no luck.
The other day I just surfed through the Maruti True Value website and found that the GV is not even listed among the models, though Kizashi was there.
Would count myself lucky if i manage to find one.
chinchu.c is online now  
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:10   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,886
Thanked: 4,383 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchu.c View Post
I've been looking for a Grand Vitara for quite some time with no luck.
The other day I just surfed through the Maruti True Value website and found that the GV is not even listed among the models, though Kizashi was there.
Would count myself lucky if i manage to find one.
The best way would be to go to the biggest dealership's service center in your town, strike up a conversation with the service manager and ask to be informed if anything comes up for sale
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 10:19   #147
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palakkad
Posts: 13
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The best way would be to go to the biggest dealership's service center in your town, strike up a conversation with the service manager and ask to be informed if anything comes up for sale
Thanks for that suggestion.I've made a request to a car-lover colleague of mine who has close contacts with some dealerships. Looking for some leads now.
chinchu.c is online now  
Old 25th October 2020, 11:49   #148
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,760
Thanked: 2,983 Times
Default

Been a fan and an owner of this vehicle since it was launched. However I recently sold my 2.0 ltr as it was going to hit the 15 year rule next year.

Having owned both MT and AT versions my opinion is that MT is better.

2.4 ltr MT specimen are rare since a lot were picked up for rallying and thus difficult to find.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks