Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2017, 23:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Buying a used Mahindra XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
This doesn't look like a 2012 model. It seems from the upgraded 2016 version. I also noticed a dent on the bonnet where the paint is scraped. My humble advice would be to stay away from it. It doesn't look like a well maintained vehicle and asking price of 7 lacs is way north. You can get 2012 models for 5 lacs easily.
Thank you guys for responding and providing your inputs, I didn't have the heart either to even consider that vehicle especially the one that has 1.5 lacs kms on the odo. I am a bit of a weird boat here...

I've used an XUV in the past, mine was a 2013 W8, had bought it for 10.75 @ 29k kms in June 2014 and sold it after clocking 72k kms due to financial issues in June 2015. I've loved owning & driving the XUV because I only used to roam around with this car, as i have a home job i don't need any vehicle to travel for work & its just used for going out. so in that 1 year of owing the XUV i enjoyed so much that I managed to clock 43k kms

In Jan 2016 i bought grand i10 new (biggest mistake), the car performs good for the city but lacks drivability, performance and everything else. I am 6"1 and my head goes over the driver seat head rest :P
Some how i've spent almost a year with the Grand i10 but i don't think i can any longer, cause i love to drive to places & explorer which is something i am unable to do with this small hatchback I feel I need a bigger car again. So with the financials now sorted and a max emi budget of 15k per month I am set out to buy either a used XUV500 w8 or the other car of my choice was Ford EcoSport.

The issue with used car is the higher interest rate, thats what is killing it for me.
i've come across this XUV500 W8 2012 model going for 8 lacs has done 42k kms I will be checking it out tomorrow.

@rajamuneeb yes that is true, IMHO i think the car met with either a small or big accident broke the original headlamps & the owner decided to upgrade to the new ones
The issue is dealers here in Mumbai have a very high margin on XUVs, the post i made on this very thread back in September 2016 said the same thing, dealers keep a very high margin on this model for some reason whereas when you go to sell the same model they will want to take it for very less price. so here we cannot find a 2012 model for less than 7lacs

So a new EcoSport or a used XUV500 if its within my EMI budget?
Old 22nd November 2017, 13:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
@rajamuneeb yes that is true, IMHO i think the car met with either a small or big accident broke the original headlamps & the owner decided to upgrade to the new ones
The issue is dealers here in Mumbai have a very high margin on XUVs, the post i made on this very thread back in September 2016 said the same thing, dealers keep a very high margin on this model for some reason whereas when you go to sell the same model they will want to take it for very less price. so here we cannot find a 2012 model for less than 7lacs

So a new EcoSport or a used XUV500 if its within my EMI budget?

Hi buddy. In this case I would suggest to stay away from this XUV. It's apparently an accidental vehicle. Also dealers try to maximise profit on second hand vehicles. You can try OLX or Quikr and find a direct seller hence cutting the dealer margins. But honestly I would suggest you to go for a new car instead of a used one. Ecosport is a much better option than putting your money on a second hand used XUV unless you find one directly from a seller which has been immaculately maintained. Go for the Ecosport and you will also have a peace of mind for your hard earned money spent. Best of luck 😊
Old 22nd November 2017, 20:06   #63
BHPian

Hows the below deal for a Mumbai registered car:

Company Warranty: None
Place: Mumbai, MH 02.
Car: Mahindra XUV500
Transmission: Manual
Variant: W8 FWD
Year of Manufacture: 2014
Color: Purple
ODO reading: 32000 KMs
Insurance: Comprehensive
No of Owners: 1
Extended warranty: Not available.
Full service records available.
Asking price: Rs 11.75 lakhs.

I got him down to 10.75 Lakhs. Car seems to be in good condition. very little noise inside cabin engine seems fine as well.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:54   #64
BHPian

Bought the above car for 10.5 lacs
dreamz_mak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 22:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
Bought the above car for 10.5 lacs

Congrats. Do post some pics of the XUV and wish you a happy niggle free miles ahead. Also would be nice if you can start a thread about your ownership experience starting day one 😊
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 09:31   #66
BHPian

Good buy. This is a great car and absolutely value for money at this price range as a used one. I bought an Oct 2013 car in August 2016, W8 for a similar price, but mine fortunately had the warranty and i could extend it for another 2 years. Enjoy.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:57   #67
BHPian

Guys require your advice on the below used XUV500

Place: Bangalore, KA 51.
Year of Manufacture: 2013
Color: White
ODO reading: 72000 KMs
No of Owners: 2
Asking price: Rs 9.40 lakhs.

Test drove the car, In good condition; verified ODO with service station.

1. Is the deal good, If not what should the price be?
2. What are the common issues hidden in used XUV500 at this mileage
Old 18th March 2019, 15:35   #68
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
Guys require your advice on the below used XUV500

Place: Bangalore, KA 51.
Year of Manufacture: 2013

ODO reading: 72000 KMs

Asking price: Rs 9.40 lakhs.

Test drove the car, In good condition; verified ODO with service station.

1. Is the deal good, If not what should the price be?
2. What are the common issues hidden in used XUV500 at this mileage

I am not aware of Bangalore used-car prices, but price seems quite high for a 6 year old car, especially if you are 3rd owner.

Depending on condition, I will be willing to pay may be 7-7.5 lakhs max if I was looking.

Is the car running on original clutch? At what ODO reading were the tyres replaced last (if at all)? Any suspension work carried out (struts, lower arms, ball joints etc) ?

XUV battery lasts almost exactly 3 years. So the 2nd one would be on it's way out already. That's about 5K INR A set of 4 tyres would be 40-45k INR. Clutch + flywheel + slave cylinder would be 40k INR. Front + rear discs and brake pads would be in the 15-20k INR range to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by SDP : 18th March 2019 at 15:37.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 07:01   #69
BHPian

Urgent help required!
A friend’s 2015 XUV500 W10 variant has a problem with the functioning of the sunroof. It opens and closes very slowly. It has been diagnosed as an electrical failure. But the Mahindra service is unable to take care of the solution. Please suggest a workshop with experience in sunroofs in Bangalore.
Old 6th May 2019, 21:38   #70
BHPian

Need advice.

XUV 500 (W8) 2012, 1,00,000 KMS, MH12, asking price is 6lacs negotiable. Car is with dealer. Will need to check for service history.

I am in market for a used diesel car within 6.50 lacs. Main reason is the increase in home-office-home distance as well as need to go to native frequently nowadays.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th July 2019 at 22:34. Reason: Removing unwanted spaces.
Old 12th July 2019, 21:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Need advice,

XUV 500 (W8) 2012, 1,00,000 KMS, MH12, asking price is 6lacs negotiable. Car is with dealer. Will need to check for service history.

I am in market for a used diesel car within 6.50 lacs. Main reason is the increase in home-office-home distance as well as need to go to native frequently nowdays.
Price seems good. Go for it. I know this is a super late reply. If I were in your place, I would go for it. Keeping Rs70k aside for any possible repairs or tyre replacement
Old 12th July 2019, 21:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
Price seems good. Go for it. I know this is a super late reply. If I were in your place, I would go for it. Keeping Rs70k aside for any possible repairs or tyre replacement
Thanks for the revert. Didn't pursue the XUV due to parking issues near my house. Went ahead with a 2013 Fluidic Verna SX(o) CRDI. Costed 4.70 lacs with 70k on the ODO and full service history.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th July 2019 at 22:33. Reason: Removing unwanted spaces.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 11:25   #73
BHPian

In need of expert guidance! .anshuman Sir, GTO Sir, and all the experts. Please help me with your valuable advices to bring home a real suv in the near future. Our swift Dzire has clocked 70k+ kms in the past 6years and has served its purpose in the horrible roads of our state. Hence the urge to upgrade to a real suv for the non existing roads of our state and also for some travelling! We have a 2008 maruti gypsy ( stock with negative rims and Grandtrek AT rubbers on it) but the ride quality and comfort is not at all suitable for my grandma and for me as well for daily commutes and for travelling, so it'll just stay as our primary vehicle! My usages:- will be around 70% commutes and around 30 % off roading. Budget:- 7lakhs max. Options - preowned xuv 500 awd 2014 model or the first gen toyota fortuner.

Xuv 500 awd 2014:- one of my friends dad owns this and they are planning to sell it after some months, probably next year. The car has never been abused and has always been serviced at Mahindra. The car has been pampered from day 1 itself, I personally know it because she is a close friend of mine and her dad loves the xuv. It has merely done around 35k - 40k kms!

Fortuner:- sadly I don't know anyone who is selling a first gen fortuner. So will have to look out for local dealers or OLX and car trade. Or maybe if I am lucky can some tbhpian lead me to get a first generation fortuner, considering that I will get a good maintained fortuner. And yes I am planning to get it from NCR region and then transfer it to my state.

Note: I know xuv is more of a crossover than a real suv but with the all wheel drive I have seen Anshuman Sir do good stuffs on his you tube channel and also read his ladakh travelogue, so I am impressed with it. But then my heart wants the FORTUNER! 😆

My purchase will be proabably only next year. But in case if I am getting the xuv then I will have to book it now because a quiet lot of people are asking for it as it is in mint condition, which is rare to get it at our state. Thanks to the pathetic roads and the government!

I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread. Apologies to the thread owner and to the moderators!
Old 15th June 2020, 13:57   #74

Dear Friends,

Need advice on buying a Pre-owned XUV500. Below are the details. Looking for your guidance.

Company Warranty: One more year left
Place: Bangalore, KA 05.
Transmission: Automatic
Variant: W9 FWD
Year of Manufacture: 2018
Color: Lake brown
ODO reading: 24000 KMs
No of Owners: 1
Asking price : Rs 13 lakhs.

Additional Accessories : Marvin Leather seats, Rain Visor, Infinty amp and speakers from showroom, side foot step and 3D floor mat.

Due to Covid-19 situation and this car being BS4, I am not able to know if this is the best price.
Old 15th June 2020, 15:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelDmello View Post
Dear Friends,

Need advice on buying a Pre-owned XUV500. Below are the details

Additional Accessories : Marvin Leather seats
Doesn't W9 come with side airbags? Why did the existing owner fit seat covers when this is not supposed to be done?

Most Viewed