Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2020, 17:48   #76

Re: Buying a used Mahindra XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Doesn't W9 come with side airbags? Why did the existing owner fit seat covers when this is not supposed to be done?
Nope it comes only with front 2 airbags. Top-end W11 comes with 6 airbags. BTW, I forgot to mention its 2018 - 2020 model.
Old 12th January 2022, 19:24   #77
BHPian

Hi All,

Need suggestions on the below car for my friend.

XUV500 W10 AWD AT
Model 2017
No. Of owners - 2 (Transfered from company to employee)
Odo - 14,000 km (genuine)
No accident history
Colour - Black
RTO - Bangalore
Final offer price 14.5 lakh

Question- Is the car worth at this price? and do we foresee any issues in spare part availability since the XUV700 has arrived ?
Nishith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 16:16   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post
Hi All,

Need suggestions on the below car for my friend.

XUV500 W10 AWD AT
Model 2017
No. Of owners - 2 (Transfered from company to employee)
Odo - 14,000 km (genuine)
No accident history
Colour - Black
RTO - Bangalore
Final offer price 14.5 lakh

Question- Is the car worth at this price? and do we foresee any issues in spare part availability since the XUV700 has arrived ?
Hi Nishith,

Recently I purchased pre-owned single owner 2016 W10 AWD AT @9.25. I think price is at higher side. Mine is MH registered. Although finding AWD with AT is difficult. Think about its resale value as well.
Old 20th January 2022, 17:07   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a grey W8 on sale here. 2011, 2 owners, 114k on the odo. Comprehensive insurance till Oct 2022. Owner is wife's classmate.

He wants to know what would be a fair price for this ?
Old 8th February 2022, 18:07   #80

What should I look for in a 2012-2013 XUV 500 W8 Vairant and What should be a good price for one in Mumbai?

And what are the costs of spares and what should I look out for.

Thank You
adi
Old 24th July 2022, 18:35   #81
BHPian

Hi All,

My friend is looking at buying a pre-owned 2016 model XUV5OO with the 1997 cc engine. I understand this engine was made available for a very brief period related to some regulation wrt to 2000cc diesel engines.

Are there any known issues (engine or turbo)or any other specific lookouts which we need to be aware of.

This specific car my friend is looking at had the turbo replaced due to power loss issues (~42k odo)

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th February 2023, 10:18   #82

Hello everyone,

A relative is looking to get let go of their '2017 XUV500 W6 AT', and I'm considering picking it up.

Are there any known issues with this model?

And, what should be the expected price for this model? Its in pretty good shape.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th February 2023 at 10:41. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 21st August 2023, 18:40   #83
BHPian

Got my XUV500 in Sep-2022 from a friend who was relocating to a foreign country.

He had maintained the car in immaculate condition. He had also installed accessories incl. reverse camera/foglamps/Sony amplifier etc. & it was almost at par with W8 specs except for addl airbags/TPMS. The car also had got new Continental ContiCross tyres.

Due to all these I didn't have to think twice before committing to buy it.

Year of Manufacture: 2018
Transmission: Manual
Variant: W6 FWD
Color: Opulent Purple
ODO reading: 64000 KMs
Insurance: Comprehensive
No of Owners: 1
Extended/other Warranty: None
Price paid: Rs 10.5 lakhs

It's now nearing 1year, and car runs very well. Plan to keep it for the foreseeable future.

Buying a used Mahindra XUV500-img_3496.jpg

Buying a used Mahindra XUV500-img_3502.jpg

Buying a used Mahindra XUV500-img_3484.jpg

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 21st August 2023 at 18:42.
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:00   #84
BHPian

2018 Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT with 43k kilometres on odo available for 10.84 on road on Spinny. Yet to see the car in person but is it something worth considering? Any idea if Spinny guys negotiate? I am looking to keep the car for next 10 years or so.
Old 16th January 2024, 23:07   #85

Hello Folks,

Do you think if it is it worth it purchasing a used XUV 5OO in 2024?

I am getting a used 2019 w9 automatic with odo reading of ~38000Km on cars24 at 15.83 lakh. The insurance is expired though!

Is the price ok or is it overpriced? Shall i consider it?

I am looking for a family car (but a 7 seater). My travels would not be covering long journeys for next 2 years. Will be covering a max of 200-500 kms around Bengaluru on long weekends. I am looking for a comfortable and safe 7 seater. My companions would be my wife, parents, and a 7 year old. I will be occasionally joined by one or more cousins every now and then.

Considering my scenario, I don't think it would be a wise investment to go for a new 7 seater car.

Of all the 7 seaters available right now, XUV 5OO and Hexa XTA have become my prime choice. Only challenge is that both of them have been discontinued.
I am more inclined towards XUV than Hexa (as an XTA is very difficult to get hold of).

Please suugest.
Old 16th January 2024, 23:11   #86

Hello Folks,

Do you think if it is worth it purchasing a used XUV 5OO in 2024?

I am getting a used 2019 w9 automatic with odo reading of ~38000Km on cars24 at 15.83 lakh. The insurance is expired though!

Is the price ok or is it overpriced? Shall I consider it?

I am looking for a family car (but a 7 seater). My travels would not be covering long journeys for next 2 years. Will be covering a max of 200-500 kms around Bengaluru on long weekends. I am looking for a comfortable and safe 7 seater. My companions would be my wife, parents, and a 7 year old. I will be occasionally joined by one or more cousins every now and then.

Considering my scenario, I don't think it would be a wise investment to go for a new 7 seater car.

Of all the 7 seaters available right now, XUV 5OO and Hexa XTA have become my prime choice. Only challenge is that both of them have been discontinued.
I am more inclined towards XUV than Hexa (as an XTA is very difficult to get hold of).

Please suggest.
Old 17th January 2024, 17:57   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.arya View Post
Hello Folks,

<snip> Please suggest.
FWIW, purely from a personal POV, you wouldn't regret getting an XUV5OO eventhough it's deprecated/out of production. I don't foresee any problem in getting spares/service for many more years from Mahindra.

The driving dynamics, sheer engine performance, power, comfort, driving pleasure etc are quite good in this category and at this price-point. Can't give a comparo with Hexa as haven't driven that car.

Price-wise, you may try to haggle a bit & lower it or ask them to get insurance renewed for you, if those are options. Pls check popular used car sites for current price to help you deal with them.

Check for rust across door sills/running board etc. by removing the rubber beadings running around these.

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 17th January 2024 at 17:58.
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 18:04   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.arya View Post
Hello Folks,

Yes to XUV but not to a car with questionable Kms on the odometer and expired insurance , God knows what else has been skipped in it's lifetime.A diesel AT that is so easy to drive with such less miles on the odometer is a suspect.

Look for odd number series W9, W11 with sunroof, these are well kitted out models with plenty of improvements compared to the previous models.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 21:06   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
FWIW, purely from a personal POV, you wouldn't regret getting an XUV5OO eventhough it's deprecated/out of production. I don't foresee any problem in getting spares/service for many more years from Mahindra.

The driving dynamics, sheer engine performance, power, comfort, driving pleasure etc are quite good in this category and at this price-point. Can't give a comparo with Hexa as haven't driven that car.

Price-wise, you may try to haggle a bit & lower it or ask them to get insurance renewed for you, if those are options. Pls check popular used car sites for current price to help you deal with them.

Check for rust across door sills/running board etc. by removing the rubber beadings running around these.
I agree. I did a test drive today of the car and fell in love. This is the first time i was driving an XUV. The engine was raring to go at the smallest of nudge. Break felt good too. My wife felt alright sitting in the middle row. What we are looking for, checks out with this one.

Before making a purchase, i will get a through check done in one of Mahindra authorized service station.

My only concern is the price. With expired insurance the price of 15.8L is high. Plus they are charging extra 4k for RC transfer and additional 16K as TCS. Add insurance of around 30K, the final price reaches approx 16.5L.
vijay.arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 21:09   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Yes to XUV but not to a car with questionable Kms on the odometer and expired insurance , God knows what else has been skipped in it's lifetime.A diesel AT that is so easy to drive with such less miles on the odometer is a suspect.

Look for odd number series W9, W11 with sunroof, these are well kitted out models with plenty of improvements compared to the previous models.
I did a test drive today of the car. It felt good. The engine was raring to go at the smallest of nudge. Break felt good too. My wife felt alright sitting in the middle row. What we are looking for, checks out with this one.

Before making a purchase, i will get a through check done in one of Mahindra authorized service station.

My only concern is the price. With expired insurance the price of 15.8L is high. Plus they are charging extra 4k for RC transfer and additional 16K as TCS. Add insurance of around 30K, the final price reaches approx 16.5L.

This is a w9 with 2019 make and registered in jan 2020. Is it really worth it paying so much for this one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks