Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 20:29   #76
BHPian

Re: Buying a Car in the Middle East

If you are willing to spend 200k,I can get you a deal on Lexus GX460.
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:05   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Then go for the Toyota LC. Locals love it!

I'm sure they'll recommend better than the locals in UAE. All the best.
Hey tejas , thanks for the suggestion. Ya even my friend here was saying the same and the resale also is good it seems. But would the 2.4 ltr do or it would be less for a 4x4.
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:09   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Toyota Prado mid option, I would strongly recommend to you.

Forget used 4WDs like the RR. If you are not in the OTR scene, then you can think about the GMC, JEEP, DODGE or VW.

Its a very versatile vehicle and very capable off road. it comes with a decent 6 cylinder engine and is same as the FJ. 4.0L, V6, 5A/T, Dual VVT-I with 271HP.

There is a promotion going on at the moment with Al Futtaim motors on the 4x4 vehicles.

If you want, I can give a sales guy's number, you can give my reference to him.

regards,
Hey parm, thanks. I am not much in the OTR scene but just that being here would love to learn and do it. Not maybe as a every weekend stuff.
I think there is a 2.4 ltr as well and would that do enough.
I am in the process of getting my license and I would surely like to get the number of the sales guy. Let me know your name as well.
It seems every one is betting on Toyota rather than other options such as jeep, dodge , vw etc.
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:11   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
If you are willing to spend 200k,I can get you a deal on Lexus GX460.
Hey dude that would be out of budget :-) but still interested to know details of the same as one of my friend is also looking out with a higher budget. Is this new or resale ?
Old 23rd February 2014, 01:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Lexus GX460 is NOT for 200K AED, one can get a much better deal on them.

Alfa, there is not LC with 2.4 ltr engine, its the RAV4 which is powered by 2.4.

Prado and Fortuner comes with 2.7 ltr and 4.0 ltr.

LC is 4.0, 4.6 and 5.7 ltr.

If you not into OTR scene, I would still recommend 4.0 Prado, as the 2.7 ltr is kind of sluggish as Prado is heavy. 4.0 ltr engine suits the Prado.

Dodge Durango, Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler have been launched with new 3.6 ltr engine, which are pretty good and not thirsty on the fuel.

VW recently had good offers on its range of models, I would suggest you visit the showrooms of the all vehicles you are interested in and sit in the vehicles and if have time, do a test drive to feel the vehicle.

don't rush with your money just by the lure of the easy finance and the buying power of the Aam Admi in Dubai.
Old 23rd February 2014, 10:13   #81
BHPian

Recently saw an ad in the paper saying a GLK and an 84' LG UHD TV for 160k.
Old 23rd February 2014, 18:16   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Lexus GX460 is NOT for 200K AED, one can get a much better deal on them.

Alfa, there is not LC with 2.4 ltr engine, its the RAV4 which is powered by 2.4.

Prado and Fortuner comes with 2.7 ltr and 4.0 ltr.

LC is 4.0, 4.6 and 5.7 ltr.

If you not into OTR scene, I would still recommend 4.0 Prado, as the 2.7 ltr is kind of sluggish as Prado is heavy. 4.0 ltr engine suits the Prado.

Dodge Durango, Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler have been launched with new 3.6 ltr engine, which are pretty good and not thirsty on the fuel.

VW recently had good offers on its range of models, I would suggest you visit the showrooms of the all vehicles you are interested in and sit in the vehicles and if have time, do a test drive to feel the vehicle.

don't rush with your money just by the lure of the easy finance and the buying power of the Aam Admi in Dubai.
parm, ya sorry its 2.7 in prado. I was comparing the prices in drivearabia.com and it shows the price of prado from 144K DHS to 191K DHS. These are variants of EXR GXR, VXR and VXL. The lexus starting is listed at 210K DHS.
Actually as you said the excitement of buying a car defies all logic and also you keep getting confused seeing more cars. I was impressed with the looks of the new dodge durango or even the jeep cheroke. But then sometimes it hits the reality is to go for Toyota. My initial impression counts on the look and feel, and not the under the hood stuff. i am still learning to be the "under the hood" stuff guy
I am not sure if VW is recommended considering it to be a bit pricey and limited third row / boot space.
Also do i rule out going for a second hand vehicle from Al futtaim etc ?
Old 23rd February 2014, 18:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Really ? wouldn't it be worth ?
Old 23rd February 2014, 20:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Really ? wouldn't it be worth ?
During the famous Dubai Shopping Festival, BMW 116 was being given free with every84' LG UHD TV!

Quote:
parm, ya sorry its 2.7 in prado. I was comparing the prices in drivearabia.com and it shows the price of prado from 144K DHS to 191K DHS. These are variants of EXR GXR, VXR and VXL. The lexus starting is listed at 210K DHS.
Actually as you said the excitement of buying a car defies all logic and also you keep getting confused seeing more cars. I was impressed with the looks of the new dodge durango or even the jeep cheroke. But then sometimes it hits the reality is to go for Toyota. My initial impression counts on the look and feel, and not the under the hood stuff. i am still learning to be the "under the hood" stuff guy
I am not sure if VW is recommended considering it to be a bit pricey and limited third row / boot space.
Also do i rule out going for a second hand vehicle from Al futtaim etc ?
IF you looking for 3rd row comfort, look no further than Toyota vehicles and good resale price.

Dodge Durango was earlier offered in V8 specs, is now being offered in the 3.6 V6 engine and a comfortable 3rd row. Cherokee is 5 seater.

VW SUVs don't have a 3rd row, they are 5 seaters. Though Audi Q7 offers excellent 3rd row, with a 3.6 V6 engine.

Automall and Toyota certified are offering good range and quality vehicles when it comes to used vehicles.

Prado 4 ltr have good variants and don't go by the prices listed in various websites, as the actual showroom prices depend upon how you bargain and extract the best offer for yourself.
Old 24th February 2014, 10:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
During the famous Dubai Shopping Festival, BMW 116 was being given free with every84' LG UHD TV!

IF you looking for 3rd row comfort, look no further than Toyota vehicles and good resale price.

Dodge Durango was earlier offered in V8 specs, is now being offered in the 3.6 V6 engine and a comfortable 3rd row. Cherokee is 5 seater.

VW SUVs don't have a 3rd row, they are 5 seaters. Though Audi Q7 offers excellent 3rd row, with a 3.6 V6 engine.

Automall and Toyota certified are offering good range and quality vehicles when it comes to used vehicles.

Prado 4 ltr have good variants and don't go by the prices listed in various websites, as the actual showroom prices depend upon how you bargain and extract the best offer for yourself.
That offer was amazing isn't it. but still wondering how they can manage in 70K DHS a 84 HD TV and a 116. The reverse may still work out.

Q7 is quite expensive though worth the money. As you say will need to go to dealers and check out the offers and also do bargaining. but here is the bargaining on the price or some freebies? Also are there some specific months wherein they reduce prices or clear stock etc. I heard June/July/August right before and during Ramadan they have better deals.This is because models are often phased out for newer models.
February to May is generally a slow time, + many well off people use bonus money to buy cars during this time, so you may not get much discounts.
Old 24th February 2014, 13:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That offer was amazing isn't it. but still wondering how they can manage in 70K DHS a 84 HD TV and a 116. The reverse may still work out.

Q7 is quite expensive though worth the money. As you say will need to go to dealers and check out the offers and also do bargaining. but here is the bargaining on the price or some freebies? Also are there some specific months wherein they reduce prices or clear stock etc. I heard June/July/August right before and during Ramadan they have better deals.This is because models are often phased out for newer models.
February to May is generally a slow time, + many well off people use bonus money to buy cars during this time, so you may not get much discounts.
Dubai Shopping Festival has good deals going on, then the Ramadan month also has good deals and the last month is December to get rid of the current year's stock before the new year starts.

Also, always go at the end of the month as the sales guys tend to be more flexible to give a better deal just to complete their monthly sales targets.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:03   #87
BHPian

Buying a Car in the Middle East-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393846416.405521.jpg
Just read this on the web!
manas27587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:51   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Dubai Shopping Festival has good deals going on, then the Ramadan month also has good deals and the last month is December to get rid of the current year's stock before the new year starts.

Also, always go at the end of the month as the sales guys tend to be more flexible to give a better deal just to complete their monthly sales targets.
Quote:
Attachment 1214703
Just read this on the web!
Hey thanks parm and manas for all the insights
Old 11th March 2014, 18:33   #89
BHPian

Guys as am nearing getting my license am still thinking of more options apart from Prado.
Any suggestions on Ford explorer/ navigator, Infinity etc.
Guys already here in dubai please do help !
Old 11th March 2014, 21:39   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Guys as am nearing getting my license am still thinking of more options apart from Prado.
Any suggestions on Ford explorer/ navigator, Infinity etc.
Guys already here in dubai please do help !
What's your budget? I would recommend to look else where than Toyota..Their vehicles are good .. no doubt but the options they provide are far lesser than most + they do not offer full service contract..
You have a lot of options to look at..If you don't require a 7 seater then you can look at LR 2 which comes in at 169000 AED with a 3 yr contract..
I had a look at it when I took my Jag .It was decent for the price tag it had.
Another option will be Dodge.. The Hemi (5.8 L) one is only 146000 AED and it comes with an 8 speed auto ..
Then you have Chevrolet traverse which is at around 120000 ED
Another one is mazda 9 .. one of the best handling ones out there I would say and the top end one with all bells and whistles is 144000 AED
I have a Kia Mohave (3.5 l) and am very happy with it.. 4 yrs and 0 troubles..Got it with maintenance contract for 4 yrs and hence had to pay nothing for service.The new one I believe is around 1,20000 AED.

Last edited by praveen_n : 11th March 2014 at 21:45.

Most Viewed