Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 16:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you can dig service records and can confirm this has genuinely done 34 K , you can think of picking , these direct import cars are running majorly trouble free for over 100 K , I have personaly seen many with over 100 K on Odo , you can keep extra change for any repairs . But its important to be 100 % sure on mileage else stay away . I have 2009 X6 with around 35 K on odo and tell you that this has been mostly trouble free ownership so far .
Hi Turbanator, I was unable to PM you, as I'm not very active here. I've just moved back to India (Delhi) and I'm looking for a 525D or a 530D (in line 6). Is there a way I could ask you for advice and market information?
Old 11th November 2015, 17:37   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've just moved back to India (Delhi) and I'm looking for a 525D or a 530D (in line 6). Is there a way I could ask you for advice and market information?
I do keep on changing mines very fast but thats about it - I won't have access to market availability your best & safe bet will be to try BMW Dealerships in Gurgaon / Delhi - they will definitely have some besides there are some very sweet offers going on new ones , once you shortlist few you can post these here and we all can help you in making decision .
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 16:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I do keep on changing mines very fast but thats about it - I won't have access to market availability your best & safe bet will be to try BMW Dealerships in Gurgaon / Delhi - they will definitely have some besides there are some very sweet offers going on new ones , once you shortlist few you can post these here and we all can help you in making decision .

Damn man, i saw your 5 on this forum, and i've been cursing myself for being a few months too late!! Any chance the new owner wants to sell

Any contact that could be shared in one of these showrooms and workshops? I also want to get the car checked thoroughly before finalizing the purchase (picked up some advice from the TBHP used car buying guide)

To be honest, I'm a little scared of the used car market in Delhi, company showroom or not.

If it's not asking too much (i guess it's too late for that), what do you think about:

a. http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2013-d916837/

b. http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2013-d951770/

Thank you so much for your great inputs!
Old 12th November 2015, 17:44   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what do you think about:
2010-11 , 530-D should be about 20 Lac but pick only which have done less than 40 K or so , check the cars which have BSI Packages even if expiring soon , you will have an option to get warranty extended , this also assures that these are maintained properly at Dealership , you just need to check for accidental repairs if any .

I am not a big fan of car wale or similar sites which are mostly loaded with car-dealers . Perhaps start by visiting dealership at Delhi & Gurgaon . You will find better options and your purchase will be covered with warranty supported by BMW , if these guys offer something without warranty / direct deal stay away , don't buy anything which is not under warranty .

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th November 2015 at 17:54.
Old 12th November 2015, 22:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
2010-11 , 530-D should be about 20 Lac but pick only which have done less than 40 K or so , check the cars which have BSI Packages even if expiring soon , you will have an option to get warranty extended , this also assures that these are maintained properly at Dealership , you just need to check for accidental repairs if any .

I am not a big fan of car wale or similar sites which are mostly loaded with car-dealers . Perhaps start by visiting dealership at Delhi & Gurgaon . You will find better options and your purchase will be covered with warranty supported by BMW , if these guys offer something without warranty / direct deal stay away , don't buy anything which is not under warranty .

Got the part about dealerships, any contacts you could push my way?
I'm unable to find any cars for the price you've mentioned, even I was thinking on the lines of 20 or so , it's crazy that I just can't find any! Absolutely no idea where to go, will definitely go to the showrooms though, thanks for the suggestion!

Would really appreciate any leads or good contacts man, any friend who wants to sell etc..

Thanks for your input again!
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:49   #36
BHPian

Guys!

With much deliberation and discussions, booked a Q3 Premium in Utopia Blue shade.

Well I know that I might get thrashed for opting for scandalous VAG car, but drove it and the power and quattro were the deciding factors.
Thanks for all the inputs.

Cheers,
AB
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Guys!

With much deliberation and discussions, booked a Q3 Premium in Utopia Blue shade.

Well I know that I might get thrashed for opting for scandalous VAG car, but drove it and the power and quattro were the deciding factors.

Cheers,
AB
Congratulations coriollis.

Could you kindly share the discounts you got.
Strella is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Guys!

Cheers,
AB
Sir
Congratulations!
Please get the Quattro to Pune meets
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strella View Post
Congratulations coriollis.

Could you kindly share the discounts you got.
I was quoted 43.8 on-road with LBT, individual registration.
I sealed the deal at 39.5 on -road with LBT, individual registration..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Sir
Congratulations!
Please get the Quattro to Pune meets
Sure Sir.. When are we meeting?

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 12:26   #40
BHPian

SUV: Budget: 30L. New Fortuner or Pre-worshiped Q7/GL350/X5/etc ?

Hello Everyone!

Someone close to me based out of NCR is keen on buying a new SUV. Budget of 30L +/- 2L. Currently using a 2009 Fortuner, ~1.9L km (heavy use). Preferably 7 seater. 70/30:Highway/City Usage

Options:

1. New Fortuner
2. Used GL350 (Few examples for 28-35L)
3. Used Q7 (Few examples for 25-35L)
4. Used X5
5. Used XC90

Please do provide your thoughts and opinions. Especially on reliability of pre-worshiped options.

Thank you.
shivs2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 14:19   #41
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: SUV: Budget: 30L. New Fortuner or Pre-worshiped Q7/GL350/X5/etc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post
Hello Everyone!

Someone close to me based out of NCR is keen on buying a new SUV. Budget of 30L +/- 2L. Currently using a 2009 Fortuner, ~1.9L km (heavy use). Preferably 7 seater. 70/30:Highway/City Usage

Options:

1. New Fortuner
2. Used GL350 (Few examples for 28-35L)
3. Used Q7 (Few examples for 25-35L)
4. Used X5
5. Used XC90

Please do provide your thoughts and opinions. Especially on reliability of pre-worshiped options.

Thank you.
For the kind of usage (1.9 Lakh km in 7 years = 2250 kms a month), i would suggest the New Fortuner.

The other choices will also be good, but down-time could be huge, especially if you are going in for pre-worshipped examples, which will severely impact daily usage.

For practicality & Reliability - New Fortuner. Since your friend has already used the Old Fortuner for 1.9 Lakh kms, he will find the New Fortuner's ride to be better than his old ride.

For Higher Status & Visibility - The other choices.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 14:22   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
keen on buying a new SUV. Budget of 30L +/- 2L.
Surprisingly the most worthy contender- Endeavour is missing from this list, any particular reasons. Repeating GTO's comment on a different post,

Skoda( read Audi/ VW ) makes Ford look like Mother Teresa. Ford's reliability is good.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post4112843

As an owner of current and past generation of X5 and briefly for Q7, new Endeavour is close to 90 % of these cars in most of the aspects. In this budget, you can pick a Brand new Titanium 3,2 and get extended warranty from FORD for 3 years. Even if something goes wrong, sell the truck after 3 years, I am sure you will lose much less than buying something old now and then spending money on maintenance + depreciation of the Germans you have mentioned.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 08:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The other choices will also be good, but down-time could be huge, especially if you are going in for pre-worshipped examples, which will severely impact daily usage.
Maintenance issues? How do the pre-worshipped examples fare from 70K-2L? I saw a good 2011 Q7 70K on the odo. Similarly saw a GL also with those stats.

Quote:
As an owner of current and past generation of X5 and briefly for Q7, new Endeavour is close to 90 % of these cars in most of the aspects. In this budget, you can pick a Brand new Titanium 3,2 and get extended warranty from FORD for 3 years. Even if something goes wrong, sell the truck after 3 years, I am sure you will lose much less than buying something old now and then spending money on maintenance + depreciation of the Germans you have mentioned.
What according to you is that remaining 10%?

Does the Endeavour match up to the ride comfort and long term reliability of the Fortuner (assuming 2.5k km a month)?

Last edited by shivs2003 : 29th March 2017 at 08:34.
Old 30th March 2017, 21:21   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What according to you is that remaining 10%?
Difficult to answer as this will depend on the person who is going to use it. If someone is used to extreme comfort or soft surfaces there may be some disappointments besides their will be a difference in outright acceleration and performance. Better drive a brand new Endeavour and thereafter old Germans, I am more than sure your friend will pick Endeavour,

Quote:
Does the Endeavour match up to the ride comfort and long term reliability of the Fortuner
Ride comfort - Yes, long term reliability only time will tell. My colleague is using one ( Trend variant) that I bought last year which has done around 35,000 Km in around Year with Zero issues reported so far. Check this thread which has some of the nice divergent views.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4172487

Toyota does charge a large premium for reliability/stress-free service but Ford is also improving. I think many times incidents are not reported as customers find brand too strong and try to find fault within. If repairs are not expensive and parts are easily available people seldom complain. I will give you an example, I sold mine 2014 Fortuner to my cousin with ODO at less than 18000 Km, his clutch went off at 40,000 and he was Ok to get it replaced as service advisor told him that this happens to car driven in Delhi whereas this was used mostly by me in Chandigarh and my previous generation Fortuner clutch lasted over 1,00,000 Km. I have seen some other person replacing the clutch at around same mileage but they still swear by Toyota.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th March 2017 at 21:25.
Old 14th September 2020, 00:24   #45

Dear BHPian,

I am in a similar situation, as I recently sold my 8th generation Honda Accord 2.4 AT. This car served me well all these years and I liked the space and the road presence the vehicle offered. I am out in the market looking for a vehicle in Rs 25 L- Rs 30 L budget, preferably a spacious SUV, as we already have a second smaller hatchback (A ford Figo Titanium AT+ 1.4 L Petrol 2016 model)

Initially I was planning to buy either the Tata Harrier top model or the MG Hector Plus top variant. (both around Rs 22-24 lacs on road). However, I believe I can add about Rs 5 lacs to that and get a 3-4 years old Luxury SUV.

The options I have shortlisted are (a) BMW X3 (b) Merc GLC and (c) Discovery Sport. I am not considering X1 or the Evoque as they feel really cramped. I am not considering older models on X5, Q7 etc as I am aware maintenance of such vehicle could be more than cost of the vehicle itself.

Most of the time the vehicle will be used in city conditions, and will not run much. My Figo has clocked 25,000 kms in 5 years of ownership, and the Accord did about 30,000 kms in 6 years of ownership.

I need the forum members to advise me on the following:

1) Is 25L-30L a decent budget for a german car that can give me a hassle-free experience?

2) I have always owned petrol vehicles. Given my usage, shall I stick to petrol or do diesel vehicles in these brands provide equally good experience?

3) I found out a 2016 model BMW X3 (X20d Expedition with sunroof and reverse parking camera), which is a company owned vehicle (BMW India Ltd, but the company not the dealership). This vehicle has done 25,000 Kms on the Odo. The exterior and the interior looks nice. The dealer is quoting Rs 28 lacs. Does this look like a good deal?

4) However, on test ride of the vehicle I found that it takes a second to respond when throttled. Is it the case with all diesel vehicles? My accord used to respond immediately, hence I am a bit confused as I have heard BMW is a performance vehicle, and hence expected something better.

5) The dealer has agreed that we will get the vehicle scanned and inspected at an authorised service centre once I agree on a price and give some token before closing the deal. Is there anything else I should keep in mind specific to BMW? (I have gone through the TeamBHP on buying used car in detail). Thank you!
vivnitrel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks