Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2014, 01:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Let us know what happens with the Q5.

Am actually in a similar boat, hence have looked at all these options.

The new X3 will be great, do push the dealers on the prices, especially considering the facelift has launched internationally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
As a matter of co-incidence this morning's Bombay Times, has an advert by Shaman Motors for their cars on sale including the 2011 VW Touarag, take a look. do update us here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Just a thought but both the Q3 and X1 are available within your budget
Ok guys, he saw a few cars and finally decided that spending a few lakhs more on a new car would be worth it.

So, he is going for a new X3 (actually, he liked the car when he checked it, so is ready to stretch his budget..). Even I was of the opinion of not going the used-car way, so I'm happy as well.

Thank You all for your suggestions! Specially @Akshay for suggesting a new X3. He hasn't decided on the model yet.

-Bhargav
Old 29th August 2015, 11:10   #17
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread as it discusses my need.

So starting from the start, I have a 2003 Mahindra Scorpio which has run now approx 3,25,000 kms and although it still starts with a lets go attitude, the vehicle is no more not suitable for my family rides mainly because the lack of AC reaching the rear passengers, and the ban of cool film ( i hope that is what it is called ). So other than the occasional solo drives I seldom use it. We also have an Innova which my dad uses for his trips and this is an awesome vehicle when it comes to family trips with carrier. But the problem starts when we take it up to the estate, the vehicle is not suitable for rough roads and I did the awesome job ( Sarcastic because now I regret it ) of adding skirts to all four sides which surely makes it tough to navigate the rocky roads. And during monsoon season I really need a 4WD or AWD.

Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)-2012toyotainnovaaeroeditionpriceandfeatures3.jpg

So coming to my requirements of a SUV ( or crossover either is fine )
  1. I prefer 7 seats
  2. The vehicle must have a good ground clearance of atleast 176mm ( same as the innova )
  3. The seats must be comfy ( preferable leather but I doubt that at this range anything other than leather is available )
  4. I am 5'4" and and prefer a somewhat relaxed but upright position and the seats must have that hugging feeling ( like the one you get in a Cruze ). I dont know what they are called. Where the seat basically hugs you from all sides.
  5. Budget can be in the range 30-50 lakhs ( and this makes my potential list huge. But I dont know the cons and pros of many )(For Eg: Like last time I looked at an Evoque diesel but my friend informed me that they use Ford engine )
  6. The vehicle should have access to parts other than the ASS. ( But I think almost all parts can be sourced from various parts of India for any brand )
  7. Automatic is preferred but Manual works just fine.
  8. After reading GTO's BMW review I dropped the first hand concept entirely and only used is ok.
  9. like mentioned above AWD or 4WD
  10. should have a 3.0 ltr engine
  11. must have a long life ( I dont sell the vehicles I own )
  12. I prefer if it is loaded with goodies as much as money can buy.
  13. Mileage is prefered to be in the range of 9-11 kmpl but more is always welcomed.
  14. Last time me, my dad and BIL sat together we were on the idea of whether a petrol engine will be good as all our vehicles are diesel and for a change we would like one. In this case the above point can be wiped out if the engine is awesome.
  15. I love a V6
  16. I prefer utility over looks.

Right now the vehicles I saw are listed below ( only saw 3 and got confused so I am typing this in the forum to help me out )

Prado Landcruiser ( priced INR 55,00,000/- ) the vehicle is ok but the system looks outdated and the VFM I am not sure about it.
Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)-540313_260953260689050_120103215_n.jpg

Evoque (Priced INR 45,00,000/- ) diesel engine being ford made me unsure.
Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)-392067_452902124755285_2072809557_n.jpg

LX470 ( Priced INR 25,00,000/- ) 2007 model and got scared on the potential repairs as the vehicle was a total loss declared.
He wouldnt let me take the photos

Help me out guys. And i really dont have any preference regarding the Brand although I love Range Rovers
Will update as this goes

Last edited by Mordred : 29th August 2015 at 11:24.
Old 29th August 2015, 13:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
  1. I prefer 7 seats
  2. The vehicle must have a good ground clearance of atleast 176mm ( same as the innova )
  3. The seats must be comfy ( preferable leather but I doubt that at this range anything other than leather is available )
  4. I am 5'4" and and prefer a somewhat relaxed but upright position and the seats must have that hugging feeling ( like the one you get in a Cruze ). I dont know what they are called. Where the seat basically hugs you from all sides.
  5. Budget can be in the range 30-50 lakhs ( and this makes my potential list huge. But I dont know the cons and pros of many )(For Eg: Like last time I looked at an Evoque diesel but my friend informed me that they use Ford engine )
  6. The vehicle should have access to parts other than the ASS. ( But I think almost all parts can be sourced from various parts of India for any brand )
  7. Automatic is preferred but Manual works just fine.
  8. After reading GTO's BMW review I dropped the first hand concept entirely and only used is ok.
  9. like mentioned above AWD or 4WD
  10. should have a 3.0 ltr engine
  11. must have a long life ( I dont sell the vehicles I own )
  12. I prefer if it is loaded with goodies as much as money can buy.
  13. Mileage is prefered to be in the range of 9-11 kmpl but more is always welcomed.
  14. Last time me, my dad and BIL sat together we were on the idea of whether a petrol engine will be good as all our vehicles are diesel and for a change we would like one. In this case the above point can be wiped out if the engine is awesome.
  15. I love a V6
  16. I prefer utility over looks.

Right now the vehicles I saw are listed below ( only saw 3 and got confused so I am typing this in the forum to help me out )

Prado Landcruiser ( priced INR 55,00,000/- ) the vehicle is ok but the system looks outdated and the VFM I am not sure about it.
Attachment 1408511

Evoque (Priced INR 45,00,000/- ) diesel engine being ford made me unsure.
Attachment 1408510

LX470 ( Priced INR 25,00,000/- ) 2007 model and got scared on the potential repairs as the vehicle was a total loss declared.
He wouldnt let me take the photos

Help me out guys. And i really dont have any preference regarding the Brand although I love Range Rovers
Will update as this goes
If you are OK with aged vehicles then I would suggest you to get a LandCruiser LC100. There is one on sale on the Tbhp classifieds in very good condition. It's an inline 6, ample space has a very good reputation for reliabilty.
Link to ad:http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Cruiser.html/
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 14:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
If you are OK with aged vehicles then I would suggest you to get a LandCruiser LC100. There is one on sale on the Tbhp classifieds in very good condition. It's an inline 6, ample space has a very good reputation for reliabilty.
Link to ad:http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Cruiser.html/
Oops forgot to mention I am not interested in aged vehicles as I intend to use these as much as possible. Anywhere from 2012 is preferred.
Mordred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 15:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

most of your requirements can be met by Fortuner or Pajero . Both of which are within your budget . Fortuner does have a great re-sales but you can try Pajero in case you want to try something in used . If you can wait , new Endeavour should be something that will fit your requirements completely .

Of the listed cars , Evoque is not at all 7 seater - even rear seats are barely OK , should be avoided . LC - Prado - if this is post 2012 it will be in all likelihood be a 4 Cyl. Diesel same engine as they use on Fortuner just in a different tune and a lazy 5 speed auto . The kind of re-sale LC owners demand is crazy , wish Toyota had spent some time in understanding a huge potential in CKD of Prado at 50-60 Lac price point.

try to find some used X5 preferably with low mileage and under BSI in case you do need 6 cyl . Could have suggested Q7 but for the high ownership costs of Audi.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th August 2015 at 15:34.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 18:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
most of your requirements can be met by Fortuner or Pajero . Both of which are within your budget . Fortuner does have a great re-sales but you can try Pajero in case you want to try something in used . If you can wait , new Endeavour should be something that will fit your requirements completely .

Of the listed cars , Evoque is not at all 7 seater - even rear seats are barely OK , should be avoided . LC - Prado - if this is post 2012 it will be in all likelihood be a 4 Cyl. Diesel same engine as they use on Fortuner just in a different tune and a lazy 5 speed auto . The kind of re-sale LC owners demand is crazy , wish Toyota had spent some time in understanding a huge potential in CKD of Prado at 50-60 Lac price point.

try to find some used X5 preferably with low mileage and under BSI in case you do need 6 cyl . Could have suggested Q7 but for the high ownership costs of Audi.
Fortuner and Pajero were my options but from my scorpio it just dosent seem an upgrade. I want more than them. Pajero is puerly mechanical and the Fortuner ( well not something I like ) the LC Prado well that is definitely something I am rooting for in the used car market. X5 also seems nice if it is under BSI ( will have to look into it ) which will be definitely on my lookout from now on
Old 29th August 2015, 21:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Fortuner and Pajero were my options but from my scorpio it just dosent seem an upgrade. I want more than them. Pajero is puerly mechanical and the Fortuner ( well not something I like ) the LC Prado well that is definitely something I am rooting for in the used car market.

I suggest you to wait till January 2016. As it will see a host of new SUV's being launched.
They all offer much more than their current versions. But you will have to give the 6cylinders a miss though.
Old 4th September 2015, 09:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Thank you boss for the info. Got a nice X5 X30D which is still under BSI and 10 months old. Has been driven only for 11,500 kms and sill reeks of the brand new smell.

Took it to a very trusted garage for a complete inspection and they were more than happy with what they saw.

Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)-usedcar_img_20150618_wa0004_359485_1439467916.jpg

Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)-usedcar_img_20150618_wa0007_359485_1439467919.jpg

Buying a pre-worshipped German SUV (30 - 35 lakh budget)-usedcar_img_20150618_wa0005_359485_1439467924.jpg
Old 4th September 2015, 10:03   #24
BHPian

As GTO mentioned in his thread , makes sense to get a paid check from one of BMW dealers , ensure peace of mind since it is official channel.
Old 5th November 2015, 16:02   #25
BHPian

Dear All,

I am in the market looking for a luxury SUV. It is going to be driven by my father who loves driving.
We are averse to have services of a chauffeur.
I have come across :
1. 2013 X3 2.0d 43000 Km with 4 years 80000 km BSI package for ..... 38L.
2. 2012 XC60 5Cyl 70000 Km for .... 32L.
3. 2010 X5 3.0d 34000 km Outside any warranty or BSI package for .... 24L
4. 2011 VW Touarag 63xxx Km Outside any warranty or BSI package for.... 26L

One more option is that of a Brand new Q3 which will fall in 37-39L bracket after some hard negotiation.
Father has loved X5 for obvious reasons but I have put my foot down..

Logically the dilemma is between 2013 X3 and Brand new Q3.

Overall budget is 35L- 37L and can be stretched upto 42-43 L.

Guys, Please give me your valuable advise.

Cheers,
AB
Old 5th November 2015, 16:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

The X3 makes the most sense. It is still under warranty and that should take care of the initial apprehension or risk that one takes by going for a used vehicle

The brand new Q3 would depreciate far too quickly than the X3 which has already depreciated quite a lot looking at the price that you have mentioned

BMWs are driver cars and since your Dad is going to be driving it himself, it makes a stronger case for the Beemer
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Dear All,

I have come across :
1. 2013 X3 2.0d 43000 Km with 4 years 80000 km BSI package for ..... 38L.

Overall budget is 35L- 37L and can be stretched upto 42-43 L.
AB
1. you are left with just 2 more years with less than 40K for BSI package. Plus you will be a second owner in this case. Question is how long do you plan to keep the car, if over 5 years then i would say stick to new or demo car with less than 10K on ODO.

2. Considering it will be driven by your father, you wouldnt want to put question mark to peace of mind even after paying 38 big ones.

3. May god bless, but incase you have repairs after 2 years, then consider the cost of parts of X3 vs that of Q3.

4. The size: Q3 i think is much more manageable in size, not as big as X3, of course if it would have been 3.0d i would have gone with X3 eyes closed.

5. with Q3, you will be the first owner, so you still have that advantage.

I would say bargain hard incase you wish to go with X3 say about 30 lacs or wait for year end discounts in Audi. I am sure the more you wait, the more you will be pleased with the deal. Good luck!

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 5th November 2015 at 18:08.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 19:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post

Guys, Please give me your valuable advise.

Cheers,
AB
Out of the listed options only the X3 sounds like a logical option to me but with 43k on ODO I feel 38 is high for it especially if it is the base Expedition trim.
Since your Dad loves driving, a beamer would fit the bill more aptly than Audi. If you are very much interested in this one try to bring down tge figure between 30-35lakhs.
Otherwise, For a budget of ~40 lakhs, I suggest you to look for more X3s available in the used car market which are with relatively less kms on the ODO.
It'll take some time and effort but you'll surely find yourself in a much better car

Regards,
Shreyak.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 07:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
I would say bargain hard incase you wish to go with X3 say about 30 lacs or wait for year end discounts in Audi. I am sure the more you wait, the more you will be pleased with the deal. Good luck!
Thanks a lot. I think he is more inclined towards the X3. I can sense it, but a waiting game will definitely pay off I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Out of the listed options only the X3 sounds like a logical option to me but with 43k on ODO I feel 38 is high for it especially if it is the base Expedition trim.
Since your Dad loves driving, a beamer would fit the bill more aptly than Audi. If you are very much interested in this one try to bring down tge figure between 30-35lakhs.
Otherwise, For a budget of ~40 lakhs, I suggest you to look for more X3s available in the used car market which are with relatively less kms on the ODO.
It'll take some time and effort but you'll surely find yourself in a much better car

Regards,
Shreyak.
The trim in consideration is top one. So by seeing the asking price, the car should have carried the official depreciated price of 43L. So the car has actually depreciated a bit more. Yes I think the sweet price is somewhere between 34L to 36L.
There is one hitch though. The above said car fancies a special number, and we in family are not comfortable with it. In our view, It has an undue nuisance value.

So all in all, I will keep hunting..
Cheers,
AB
Old 6th November 2015, 09:13   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3. 2010 X5 3.0d 34000 km Outside any warranty or BSI package for .... 24L
If you can dig service records and can confirm this has genuinely done 34 K , you can think of picking , these direct import cars are running majorly trouble free for over 100 K , I have personaly seen many with over 100 K on Odo , you can keep extra change for any repairs . But its important to be 100 % sure on mileage else stay away . I have 2009 X6 with around 35 K on odo and tell you that this has been mostly trouble free ownership so far .
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks