Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2006, 20:08   #31
BHPian

Bolero 4x4 is a safe option indeed. No soiled hands. Off the shelf, and Mahindra. The tech specs are good too enough luxury thrown in for a Indian 4x4.

OK, did you mention a budget? Sorry did not see in this 3-paged thread.

But what made me to go through all these pages is that you are in the same soup as me,.. born with auto lust, but currently in software, love with a jeep, but married and have a budget I understand the situation just as you would.

My first war with my wife to get a 2nd hand OHC VTEC rather than a new some small gleaming car is won.

Next step,... I have been doing some paperwork recently. The idea is to understand the machines used in rural India and try to work the best possible option to own a true to heart 4x4. I dont mind the looks but my wife does. Hence all this paperwork.

The roads will never change, lets do something to take them in a stride instead.

My options in mind -
1) Buy in one whole piece:
- Mahindra's PIK-UP (not sure if this is for the Indian market though - have to find)
- Mahindra's Bolero 4x4
- Tata 4x4 TL (I was not too happy with the specifications though)

2) Buy the engine, transmission (with 4x4 transfer case) and chassis in 1st or 2nd hand (no idea how at present). some models come with the hub / diff locks too.
- Tempo (Firodia's) Trax Gurkha / Judo
- Mahindra's Maxx Pickup Utility vehicle
build a good body over it or a few modifications would help erase the rural / commercial image they have.

So the work goes on.

Limitations are: time and to an extent money too.

Hope we get something to drive that we love as well.
Do share your ideas in case you have settled on one.

Let not your wife keep you away from your love of life.
Happy hunting until then.

Anto

Last edited by gbpscars : 14th August 2006 at 20:18.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:03   #32
BHPian

Bolreo will not give you 12kmpl with AC on. 9-10 would be the range. New Bolero SLX looks pretty and has loads of features, price is attractive too. Bolero is not city-kinda car but is a good option for rural. Others might not appreciate the car but it doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it. If others ' perceptions may make you worry, don't go for it and think of Scorpio or maybe some other car instead.
Old 24th August 2006, 21:41   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

from http://mahindrabolero.com - there's a link for customised cars, taking you to:
http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/concept/index.htm

and the pages say: Bookings Open!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks