Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which MPV would you choose?
Renault Lodgy 142 36.50%
Toyota Innova 120 30.85%
Maruti Ertiga 61 15.68%
Honda Mobilio 15 3.86%
Mahindra Xylo 14 3.60%
Tata Aria 35 9.00%
Nissan Evalia 1 0.26%
Chevrolet Enjoy 1 0.26%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31st October 2018, 19:26   #91
BHPian

Default Re: The Renault Lodgy vs other 7-seater MPVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Wow. This shows the stark difference between what the gents at T-bhp think and what happens out there in the real world.

The voting shows that the lodgy is beating the ertiga, but in last months sales, i think the lodgy was at 175 units and the ertiga at 4.6k odd.

Maybe, because most of the people voting would never be buying either the ertiga or the lodgy both?

cheers,
ac
I bought a pre-owned 110PS Lodgy RxZ last year. Got a great deal on a 2015 model but Nov'16 registered car with only 11K on the odo. I love the car for the features and comfort it offered at the price I got it for.

But, if I had to pay the sticker price, then would certainly have gone for BR-V or Ertiga. Suzuki and Honda most definitely have more brand value and better service network in India.
autoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:31   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
I bought a pre-owned 110PS Lodgy RxZ last year. Got a great deal on a 2015 model but Nov'16 registered car with only 11K on the odo. I love the car for the features and comfort it offered at the price I got it for.
Hi, can you share your experience with the car's ground clearance under a full load of 7 adults & rooftop luggage? The wheelbase of the Lodgy is long when compared to its peers and its unladen Ground Clearance (GC) of 174 mm is on the lower side. Have you had any problems with negotiating speed bumps or bad roads under a full load because of the low GC - long wheel base combination?

I seem hell-bent on suggesting an overload-and-abuse-friendly used Xylo or Aria for my brother in law. He's suggested some used Logdy 110 models to research on his behalf. I really don't know how well monocoque MPVs hold up under a full load and in particular the Lodgy...
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 08:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Hi, can you share your experience with the car's ground clearance under a full load of 7 adults & rooftop luggage? The wheelbase of the Lodgy is long when compared to its peers and its unladen Ground Clearance (GC) of 174 mm is on the lower side. Have you had any problems with negotiating speed bumps or bad roads under a full load because of the low GC - long wheel base combination?

I seem hell-bent on suggesting an overload-and-abuse-friendly used Xylo or Aria for my brother in law. He's suggested some used Logdy 110 models to research on his behalf. I really don't know how well monocoque MPVs hold up under a full load and in particular the Lodgy...
I have been a Lodgy Stepway owner since the past 3 years. Driven the car extensively through out the country as we as a family prefer to move by car. And in most instances, we roll down the third row and fill it up with the luggage! It has never encountered problems in negotiating speed bumps enroute unless of course the speed bumps are of titanical proportions.
With my experience (of having driven close to 35,000 km) this is one of the most abuse friendly and underrated cars to have been sold in the Indian Market.
Cheers!
Hunter3077 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote