Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MPV would you choose?
Renault Lodgy 143 35.93%
Toyota Innova 126 31.66%
Maruti Ertiga 62 15.58%
Honda Mobilio 15 3.77%
Mahindra Xylo 14 3.52%
Tata Aria 35 8.79%
Nissan Evalia 2 0.50%
Chevrolet Enjoy 1 0.25%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 19:26   #91
BHPian

Re: The Renault Lodgy vs other 7-seater MPVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Wow. This shows the stark difference between what the gents at T-bhp think and what happens out there in the real world.

The voting shows that the lodgy is beating the ertiga, but in last months sales, i think the lodgy was at 175 units and the ertiga at 4.6k odd.

Maybe, because most of the people voting would never be buying either the ertiga or the lodgy both?

cheers,
ac
I bought a pre-owned 110PS Lodgy RxZ last year. Got a great deal on a 2015 model but Nov'16 registered car with only 11K on the odo. I love the car for the features and comfort it offered at the price I got it for.

But, if I had to pay the sticker price, then would certainly have gone for BR-V or Ertiga. Suzuki and Honda most definitely have more brand value and better service network in India.
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:31   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
I bought a pre-owned 110PS Lodgy RxZ last year. Got a great deal on a 2015 model but Nov'16 registered car with only 11K on the odo. I love the car for the features and comfort it offered at the price I got it for.
Hi, can you share your experience with the car's ground clearance under a full load of 7 adults & rooftop luggage? The wheelbase of the Lodgy is long when compared to its peers and its unladen Ground Clearance (GC) of 174 mm is on the lower side. Have you had any problems with negotiating speed bumps or bad roads under a full load because of the low GC - long wheel base combination?

I seem hell-bent on suggesting an overload-and-abuse-friendly used Xylo or Aria for my brother in law. He's suggested some used Logdy 110 models to research on his behalf. I really don't know how well monocoque MPVs hold up under a full load and in particular the Lodgy...
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 08:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Hi, can you share your experience with the car's ground clearance under a full load of 7 adults & rooftop luggage? The wheelbase of the Lodgy is long when compared to its peers and its unladen Ground Clearance (GC) of 174 mm is on the lower side. Have you had any problems with negotiating speed bumps or bad roads under a full load because of the low GC - long wheel base combination?

I seem hell-bent on suggesting an overload-and-abuse-friendly used Xylo or Aria for my brother in law. He's suggested some used Logdy 110 models to research on his behalf. I really don't know how well monocoque MPVs hold up under a full load and in particular the Lodgy...
I have been a Lodgy Stepway owner since the past 3 years. Driven the car extensively through out the country as we as a family prefer to move by car. And in most instances, we roll down the third row and fill it up with the luggage! It has never encountered problems in negotiating speed bumps enroute unless of course the speed bumps are of titanical proportions.
With my experience (of having driven close to 35,000 km) this is one of the most abuse friendly and underrated cars to have been sold in the Indian Market.
Cheers!
Hunter3077 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 13:16   #94
BHPian

Hi,

I've been offered an used Lodgy from a trusted source (neighbour) for his 3 year old Lodgy 110PS RxZ model for 6 lacs. I have a couple of questions for the forum here to help me make my descision easier & faster:

1. Is this a good price for the car? I've done some comparisons for this in the used car portals and it seems to be.

2. With BS6 norms kicking in next year and Renault planning to shelve this model, will serving be a problem with Renault (spare availability, knowledgeable service centres etc.). I already have a Punto which faces the issue of A.*.*.

3. I haven't read many threads which capture ownership cost of Lodgy. I have read that the Lodgy has a 10k / 1 Year service interval period. Any comments onthis? The Punto that I own has very low ownershop cost and has a15k / 1 year service interval period - that's one of the reasons I love the car and would continue using it for as long as I can.

4. My usage for the Lodgy is 90% on the highway - I estimate an usage of 6k to 8k kms yearly on the Lodgy - should I look at the Triber petrol as an option instead?
Old 17th September 2019, 00:20   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Hi,

I've been offered an used Lodgy from a trusted source (neighbour) for his 3 year old Lodgy 110PS RxZ model for 6 lacs. I have a couple of questions for the forum here to help me make my descision easier & faster:

1. Is this a good price for the car? I've done some comparisons for this in the used car portals and it seems to be.

2. With BS6 norms kicking in next year and Renault planning to shelve this model, will serving be a problem with Renault (spare availability, knowledgeable service centres etc.). I already have a Punto which faces the issue of A.*.*.

3. I haven't read many threads which capture ownership cost of Lodgy. I have read that the Lodgy has a 10k / 1 Year service interval period. Any comments onthis? The Punto that I own has very low ownershop cost and has a15k / 1 year service interval period - that's one of the reasons I love the car and would continue using it for as long as I can.

4. My usage for the Lodgy is 90% on the highway - I estimate an usage of 6k to 8k kms yearly on the Lodgy - should I look at the Triber petrol as an option instead?
6 L seems to be a good price for a 3 year old car if the car is having no issues, get it checked with Renault service centre before moving ahead with the deal. Renault is currently invested in India and I don't think they are planning to exit at least in the short to mid term, so parts won't be an issue. Also their 1.5 D engine has been around for a decade now, so even if they stop this engine once BS VI comes in you are almost guaranteed to get parts in next 4-5 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks