Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MPV would you choose?
Renault Lodgy 143 35.93%
Toyota Innova 126 31.66%
Maruti Ertiga 62 15.58%
Honda Mobilio 15 3.77%
Mahindra Xylo 14 3.52%
Tata Aria 35 8.79%
Nissan Evalia 2 0.50%
Chevrolet Enjoy 1 0.25%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 16:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renault Lodgy vs other 7-seater MPVs

Surprisingly why Datsun GO+ is not in discussion? I saw Mobilio and Ertiga. No offense to any proud owners. But people having used (not just Test Driven) elongated sedans and full size MUVs would understand they are two different categories. Sadly price is the parameter which clubs them together now except for the GO+.

Imagine if Toyota decides to retain a Classic edition of Innova at 12Lakhs OTR with some minimal feature compromises after introducing a new model . Now will there be a noticeable difference in votes?

Last edited by jacs : 4th June 2015 at 16:47.
Old 17th July 2015, 09:20   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I would choose the Lodgy only because Innova is insanely expensive. Based on a short test drive, Lodgy drives almost like the Duster. Lesser taxing to drive (read clutch and gear throw on Innova), good choice of engines, decent fuel efficiency and best of all great price.

If I looted a bank, Innova it is. Legendary reliability, good and plenty of service centers and parts availability across the country. Mobilio only if I become a Honda fanatic and want a sedan with larger boot. Wont touch Evalia (although felt good on the ride) and Enjoy with a barge pole.
I agree.
The Lodgy is easily the nicest MUV/ People mover that is available at a fair price right now. The Innova is insanely priced.
Considering that the Innova has been around for 10 years in India, the fact that the India spec is a pretty de-specced, bare bones thing without enough safety kit and other stuff and the fact that it is priced at roughly 2/3rd's the Indian price in the S.E. Asian Markets, they have absolutely NO reason, to charge what they are charging, here.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 20:10   #78
BHPian

Which MUV will tick all boxes

Hello Experts.

I am looking forward to buy MUV in budget 10-12 Lacs. The shortlisted cars are Xylo, Lodgy, Ertiga & Enjoy. I test drove all these.
My requirement is carrying 5+/-2 people & some luggage.
1) Xylo ticks for comfortable seating for all but less on luggage space. Engine is good & car have good features as well.
2) Lodgy (I drove 85 PS) ticks many boxes but lacking for 3rd row seating. Engine is good & car have good features as well.
3) Ertiga again, known for all VFM factors, but i didn't found 3rd row that much sufficient & also less luggage space.
4) Enjoy seems to good in terms of seating in all rows , luggage space, though it doesn't have many gizmos like other competitors. Regarding engine, i found it sufficient with 5 people on-board & AC when took test drive.

But in our technical Stuff section i found that issues of getting engines replaced . I am worried whether to go with enjoy or not.

Except Ertiga all cars are currently having good amount of discount as well.
So please suggest what could be a good option here to buy.
Old 12th December 2015, 10:34   #79
BHPian

Re: Which MUV will tick all boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
Hello Experts.

I am looking forward to buy MUV in budget 10-12 Lacs. The shortlisted cars are Xylo, Lodgy, Ertiga & Enjoy. I test drove all these.
1) Xylo ticks for comfortable seating for all but less on luggage space. Engine is good & car have good features as well.
2) Lodgy (I drove 85 PS) ticks many boxes but lacking for 3rd row seating. Engine is good & car have good features as well.
3) Ertiga again, known for all VFM factors, but i didn't found 3rd row that much sufficient & also less luggage space.
4) Enjoy seems to good in terms of seating in all rows , luggage space, though it doesn't have many gizmos like other competitors. Regarding engine, i found it sufficient with 5 people on-board & AC when took test drive.

But in our technical Stuff section i found that issues of getting engines replaced . I am worried whether to go with enjoy or not.

Except Ertiga all cars are currently having good amount of discount as well.
So please suggest what could be a good option here to buy.
I will not recommend XYLO for a family use. This is my personal observation during my extensive test drive. But the Mhawk engine is awesome.

If your usage is limited to 1000 KM per month then you can also consider the Ertiga petrol. Which is excellent VFM.

Even i did not consider the Enjoy as GM's A*S*S is not upto mark. Even i am not confident about the chinese copy. No offence to any owner.

If your budget is flexible, i will suggest go for a Innova.
And if your budget is strict then give a serious thought to Ertiga.

For 3rd row issue, it's not at all a deal breaker. I am hardly using it. Almost 80% of time i am using it as a 5 seater.

I will suggest before any decision take extensive test drive of all the shortlisted cars and then decide which one is comfortable to you.
Old 12th December 2015, 10:50   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which MUV will tick all boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
Can I clarify whether you're going to carry 7 adults? If yes, none of the MUVs in India are comfortable for 7 adults. The Xylo, Innova and Lodgy are decent in this aspect.

Are you going to have only children in the third row? If yes, all the MPVs should do the job.

The ertiga and mobilio is referred to as 5+2 seater: The extra 2 seats can be used only for children. (The reference is similar to train tickets which treats children as half ticket )

If you want to carry 7 people + luggage, the only option is to have a roof rack.
Old 16th December 2015, 15:05   #81
BHPian

I would want you to close your eyes and go for Lodgy especially 110 PS RxL. With current offers you should get the car in your budget range. I am using the car and super happy with it.
Please read my initial ownership report and PM me if you need any specific details.
Few impt points about lodgy.
1. Adequate space for 7 adults ( I have even taken 9 which included 2 kids on a ride of 148 kms)
2. Good FE ( Highway it is giving me about 17 mkpl)
3. Good power (110PS and 240NM Torque).
4. Yearly once maintenance schedule.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html
Old 16th December 2015, 21:13   #82
BHPian

Hello Experts.
Had test drive of Enjoy with my family. It was Brand new car, yet engine noise was too much in cabin.
Engine was familiar with turbo lag, though the above point got us deflected.

Xylo currently Not available as production is stopped due to year ending. So it will go on order in January & delivered in February.

Now Lodgy / Ertiga seems VFM options. One mind says to go with Maruti/ Budget & other with Lodgy for some added Price.

I will finalize it in a day or 2.
tushar_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 10:12   #83
BHPian

Voted for the Lodgy.

And have booked one too.

Seems to be the most capable car in the price range. In terms of the space it offers, the ride quality and the flexibility of seats, its a superior product. Looks and styling is subjective.

Renault has some super offers on the Lodgy. They really need to push the sales up. The December offers are on the 2015 vehicles. In jan the prices may come back to normal.

Mod note: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the "Edit post" function if adding/modifying content within 30 minutes of posting.

Last edited by noopster : 17th December 2015 at 12:00.
gautomobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 10:36   #84
BHPian

Voted for the Renault Lodgy. While Toyota Innova is still the leader in it's segment I think Renault Lodgy with its bigger space, competent engine and less price can still give the mighty Innova a run for it's money. Although with a van like shape the Lodgy may be more favoured by fleet operators rather than private owners who usually prefer the Innova's car like shape/dynamics.

I feel the Ertiga/Mobilio are nowhere close compared to the others in the list. They suit more for private owners who want more space for those weekend drives. Besides they are a bit smaller compared to others in terms of space and engine power.
Skyline_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:35   #85
BHPian

Yieeee!!!

Finally after 3 months of nail biting situations, unlimited rounds of discussion In mind & with family members i have crossed a step ahead & booked Renault Lodgy 85 RXZ . Thanks all for all expert comments & suggestions.

Ownership review will be joining soon this family.

TEAM-BHP rocks....
Old 6th November 2016, 11:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

A bit of MS paint job from my side for the Lodgy, can be easily achieved through some neat stickering, to look better than what I have shown below:

Name:  Lodgy stickered.png
Views: 2962
Size:  150.7 KB

Edit: Oops, posted in the wrong thread, Dear Mods, requesting to please move the post to the Lodgy Thread.

Last edited by mooza : 6th November 2016 at 11:45.
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

One thing that surprised me is that after all these years, Hyundai has not jumped into the 7-seater race here in India at all. I'm sure they can bring in the IMAX or something based on any of its present portfolio to India.
Old 7th May 2017, 07:16   #88
BHPian

Been thinking thinking and thinking.....to change my 2008 Innova which has been of great service and absolutely trouble free run for 150000. Only reasons I think of change is 1. Sheer boredom 2. 8 years 3. Maybe hoping for better mileage in city.
After having done a detailed excel sheet on ownership of Innova for the next three years vs new car, balance tilts in favor of the Innova.
Until I got to know of a 2015 Lodgy 110ps that's done about 40k. Should be able to get it for 7.5lacs and should be able to sell the Innova for 6.5lacs.
So for a 1lac investment I get a newer more fuel efficient car. Does this make sense?

Of course convincing the folks at home to move away from Innova is going to be a task.
Would much appreciate views.
Old 10th September 2018, 15:54   #89
Senior - BHPian

Can we expect an updated Poll now that some of Lodgy's competitors have gone to sleep, and new ones are raising their heads up?

So many people in this Poll chose Lodgy even over Innova, but it never translated to Lodgy's sales over these years...

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 10th September 2018 at 15:55. Reason: Correction
Old 10th September 2018, 18:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

Wow. This shows the stark difference between what the gents at T-bhp think and what happens out there in the real world.

The voting shows that the lodgy is beating the ertiga, but in last months sales, i think the lodgy was at 175 units and the ertiga at 4.6k odd.

Maybe, because most of the people voting would never be buying either the ertiga or the lodgy both?

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks