Safari Dicor VX 4X4 52 61.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2006, 11:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thil
Road presence of Ford Endy is not worth for 4L difference .Go for Dicor !
Yea, that's what I've been thinking as well. The other bit of course is the mileage.....while the Dicor is not super-efficient on this front, its not that bad from the PMs I received & posts on this forum.

What I haven't been able to get (other than from Sahil) is the Endy mileage - any ideas anyone? Other Endy owners? Would I be mistaken if I say its between 7 & 8 kmpl?
Old 26th September 2006, 14:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Yea, that's what I've been thinking as well. The other bit of course is the mileage.....while the Dicor is not super-efficient on this front, its not that bad from the PMs I received & posts on this forum.
Suman the only worry I have about this is that in either of the vehicles the quality is not great. The Endy has poor interiors & terrible seats alongwith an anaemic powerplant. As for the Safari less said about the quality the better.
It would be a really sad situation if you buy the Safari & have to have it attended at the workshop constantly like Steeroid for niggling issues. That would really detract from the ownership experience.

But I see your situation as in that price range there really isn't much you can buy as an alternative. Go for the Dicor but be prepared for any eventuality is my opinion!!
Old 26th September 2006, 16:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
But I see your situation as in that price range there really isn't much you can buy as an alternative. Go for the Dicor but be prepared for any eventuality is my opinion!!
Even I second that !
Old 26th September 2006, 21:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

@iraghava: Actually, things are not AS bad on the Tata front as they are made out to be. Yes, there ARE some quality issues, but only on selective areas such as fuel injection and interior trims. The engine by itself is built to outlast a tank. And the 4x4 mechanism won't fail you in the times of need. Overall, the Safari is a pretty good bet when you're looking short term.

@ex670c: The Safari has a rear LSD too. Both the Endy and the Safari have open front differentials, giving you 3WD in net effect. And yeah, both lack a centre differential.

The Endy gives about 11 Kmpl on the highways, ringing down to 8 kmpl in the city.
Old 27th September 2006, 08:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

I would vote for safari dicor. Its cheaper, more comfortable, better resale and overall a much better car.

But I would love to see the endy in my garage just for the heck of its 5m.
Old 27th September 2006, 10:58   #51
BHPian

Suman, since you are not overall satisfied with either alternative, here is another thought that comes to mind

Why not take a second hand Pajero/Land-cruiser/Terracan/Vitara, if available in your budget - and sell it off after a couple of years, when better options are available. True, you might not get a great resale value (except the pajero and land-cruiser), but you would have an SUV that meets all your needs.
Old 27th September 2006, 11:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

I see your point Goldie but I don't want to take that route because you never know what lies beneath one of these used behemoths (Vitara is petrol with poor mileage so that's out anyway) - also, I think the others would all cost more than the two being compared even if they are second hand, if they do not have too much mileage on the odo.
Old 27th September 2006, 11:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I would vote for safari dicor. Its cheaper, more comfortable, better resale and overall a much better car.

But I would love to see the endy in my garage just for the heck of its 5m.

Good point Devarshi, just proves even more the dilema Suman must be going thru! all that the Endy has is the "road presence and lenght" factor, while safari is better in other areas. and the 5m length doesnt justify the 4 lk extra to be shelled out for it.

Also resale for the Endy will be less than the Safari percentage wise for sure.

Suman, another thing is that Ford spares are also sky high, while Safari is cheaper to maintain as the spares are cheap. u will have ur share of problems. But the good thing with the Endy is there is no regular kinda mechanical/technical problems one will face ever. Only in case of accidents the Endy proves expensive, while the Safari will keep giving u lil nags time to time.
Old 27th September 2006, 19:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Why not take a second hand Pajero/Land-cruiser/Terracan/Vitara,
Actually Suman I think that's a damn good idea. Try & find yourself a used Terracan for around 12-14 lakhs. It'll be one hell of an SUV at that price. It's got a good engine, road presence, 4wd ability, refinement, good after sales support, decent interiors (full leather) & decent build quality. If you can find a good piece at around that price it'll be a killer!!
Old 27th September 2006, 19:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Actually Suman I think that's a damn good idea. Try & find yourself a used Terracan for around 12-14 lakhs. It'll be one hell of an SUV at that price. It's got a good engine, road presence, 4wd ability, refinement, good after sales support, decent interiors (full leather) & decent build quality. If you can find a good piece at around that price it'll be a killer!!
I would second that - IF you can find a well-used piece.
Old 27th September 2006, 19:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has stopped manufacturing terracan in India,So not only will you loose a lot in terms of resale value,spares,maintainance could turn out to be a very costly affair as well.
Old 27th September 2006, 19:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I would second that - IF you can find a well-used piece.
Yeah I know it's gonna be a tough task due to the low sales.
Old 27th September 2006, 20:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai stopped selling the Terracan to India but they still import it on request.

btw did the Terracan come via SKD or CBU route previously ?
Old 28th September 2006, 01:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
Hyundai stopped selling the Terracan to India but they still import it on request.

btw did the Terracan come via SKD or CBU route previously ?
No, I don't think it's imported anymore not even on request. And yes it was a CBU.
Old 28th September 2006, 01:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Hyundai has stopped manufacturing terracan in India.
And abroad - the Terracan has been replaced by the new 7-seater Santa Fe. So yes, this might be a problem in the long run.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks