View Poll Results: Safari Dicor VX 4X4 or Endeavour XLT 4X4
Endeavour XLT 4X4 33 38.82%
Safari Dicor VX 4X4 52 61.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2006, 11:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

If it is CBU then is there any difference with the company importing it and one importing it themselves, except for the additional hassle ?
Old 28th September 2006, 11:51   #62
BHPian

Suman, please do be aware that the Terracan's spares are damn expensive! they are all imported and as its available in very few countries, the price is very high. The service eng. in hyundai workshop was telling me of it a couple of months back, when he saw me admiring the terracan's interiors and all, and said it was a good thing i went for the Tucson, as its spares are not expensive, while Terracan spares cost a bomb. The availability of some spares are also tight. A car was there waiting for some parts for more than a week in the workshop, as the part had to be imported.

But it sure is one beauty inside! huge is the word!
Old 28th September 2006, 11:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Terracan is being replaced by the Veracruz come 2007-8.

Last edited by lurker : 28th September 2006 at 12:04.
Old 28th September 2006, 12:11   #64
BHPian

whoa! this is nice! Now hyundai has copied the Porshe's headlights too! yahoo!
Old 9th October 2006, 11:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the plunge!!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that we finally went ahead & booked the Dicor VX 4X4 yesterday! Silver is the color we've chosen, expected delivery time is aaround 3 weeks but I wouldn't be surprised if it got extended a bit - there was a fire in the paint shop of Tata Motors Pune plant in the third week of September & I'm sure this will have some kind of a cascading effect on deliveries (though they are denying this).

I'd like to thank all of you for all your inputs which really helped me a lot in arriving at the final decision, would particularly like to thank Steeroid (for his detailed ownership experiences), Nitin (for sharing some of his), Atul (Veyron1) for playing the devil's advocate and Ranjit - who had a key role to play as he recently bought the VX 4X4 so was exactly the guy I was looking for in terms of what to expect from the current crop of cars (thanks once again for the photos, mate).

We were torn between Black & Silver - the Black looks gorgeous but what swung it in favour of the silver was that it would be easier to maintain in the long run. Since I would be driving it myself, going for Black would mean I'd have to be rubbing down the beast throughout the day to keep it looking glowing & decent .

Will keep you guys posted closer to the arrival date.

Cheers

Last edited by suman : 9th October 2006 at 11:29.
Old 9th October 2006, 11:57   #66
BHPian

Congrats on your decision of "Reclaiming your life" Suman .... Happy motoring !
Old 9th October 2006, 12:19   #67
BHPian

CONGRATS!!!!!!.dicor is no doubt a very gud suv to own.except for some fit&finish problems,this BEAST ROCKS!!!!.had the pleasure of taking it to agra.out on the highway its a MASSIVE MILE EATER(trust me).even at 140&above it was absolutely rock steady.NEVER FELT SO SAFE AND RELAXED WHILE DRIVING.planing to get myself a dicor preety soon.would be going for a silver(u know why!!!!)
CONGRATS AGAIN.I AM SURE U GONNA LOVE THIS MASSIVE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old 9th October 2006, 13:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, suman. Wishing you loads of fun, both onroad and off it.
Old 9th October 2006, 13:30   #69
BHPian

hey suman, congrats on your awesome new beast - though seriously wish you had got it in black - with silver skirtings it would have looked as menacing as the endy.

and bet ur kids are gonna love the lcd screens in the back on their way to school

btw - make sure that tata does not dump any of the body parts damaged in the fire onto you - best take a verrry good look at all the insides.
Old 9th October 2006, 13:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
btw - make sure that tata does not dump any of the body parts damaged in the fire onto you - best take a verrry good look at all the insides.
Thanks Goldie, you said it buddy, I'm all the more WARY now after hearing that bit .

Thanks SB, Dragonov & Zucchero, watch out call center Sumos, Taveras, Qualises & indicas........here I come
Old 9th October 2006, 13:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats again Suman. Looking forward to seeing & properly driving her some time next month whenever we meet!! And the colour choice is gerat since I know what a pain darker colours are to maintain for us self drivers and black is the worst!!!

Happy Motoring in the new monster!!
Old 9th October 2006, 13:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Suman and worry not - these chaps have been more than fair so far. Its usually the dealer that you need to worry about.

Now that you've made your choice, can one of the mods please close this thread?
Old 9th October 2006, 14:03   #73
SUV
BHPian

hey suman,

Have them change the Tyres. I beleive nowadays the Safari comes with Appolo's ... Prolly get a Set of Yokohama's or somethin ..
Old 9th October 2006, 14:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
hey suman,

Have them change the Tyres. I beleive nowadays the Safari comes with Appolo's ... Prolly get a Set of Yokohama's or somethin ..
Thanks Steeroid & Ishan...yeah, you're welcome man, as soon as I take delivery!

SUV, they come with either Bridgestones or Apollos, I have thought of getting 255X65s, lets see - dealer did mention that they may crib about it as far as warranty is concerned but I'll play it by ear.

Cheers
Old 9th October 2006, 14:45   #75
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Safari booked, thread closed.
Congrats Suman
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks