Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Hyundai Creta 190 20.90%
Renault Duster 154 16.94%
Mahindra XUV500 379 41.69%
Ford EcoSport 63 6.93%
Mahindra Scorpio 37 4.07%
Tata Safari Storme 86 9.46%
Voters: 909. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 00:39   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Can't agree with you more - it is negligible. Took my AWD to Chansal Pass shod with the OEM MRF Wanderer Sports , it was supremely comfortable and was really hard to discern any body roll.
Thanks DriveTrain for the detailed and most stimulating feed back up Duster!Get a little auto 'box-then you are mine and I am yours. For now feeling lazy to shift manually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It is quite good even with the standard MRF Wanderer tyres. Holds on well, gives good feedback, has minimum roll and very predictable. I am referring to AWD version
Thanks a lot Jaggu for the kind feed back So an up-gradation of tyre should make it still more fun. I am waiting for the auto version. Hope Renault will launch it soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2015 at 06:53. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 29th August 2015, 19:41   #62
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Others

Voted for the Duster. I own a 85ps and my BIL has recently purchased an AWD. I have driven both Ecosport and XUV but Duster is simply outstanding in ride quality and dirveability. The AWD also packs enough punch for the highway runs.
I am not a fan of gadgets and the top priority is given to ride quality.
Old 29th August 2015, 20:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the XUV without checking the results; I knew it will win hands down since I know both the car and this forum very well.

I own a XUV and I am extremely satisfied with it. My second choice would be the Duster, of course.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 22:01   #64
Team-BHP Support

I honestly believe, the cars [SUV's/crossovers] present in the poll have on multiple occasions have different clientele to cater to.

Now, can you really compare an EcoSport to a Storme or to the XUV?

EcoSport maybe compared with the Duster and Creta [similar dimesions & seating capacity, similar engine configuration as well]

Scorpio and Safari have always been trading blows, so nothing new in it. Someone who is looking to buy an XUV won't ever consider the ladder on frame SUV's. XUV drives like a car, others not so.

One can have all 3 in their garage or at least 2 of them and they won't overlap each other's usage.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:10   #65
BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. Funky styling, competent drivetrain, mature handling manners and small footprint makes it an ideal candidate for city driving with occasional sprints on the highway.
XUV 500 would have been the ideal choice for highway runabouts. I find it too much of an hassle to drive it in the city on a regular basis.
Old 30th August 2015, 12:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I honestly believe, the cars [SUV's/crossovers] present in the poll have on multiple occasions have different clientele to cater to.

Now, can you really compare an EcoSport to a Storme or to the XUV?

EcoSport maybe compared with the Duster and Creta [similar dimesions & seating capacity, similar engine configuration as well]
+1 to that. I think Storme and Scorpio should not be there in this list, as they're a different category altogether.

Among the Ecosport, Duster, Creta and XUV 5OO, I'd vote for the Duster (for diesel) and Ecosport (for 1.5 Ti-Vct petrol).

Advantage Duster: -
  • Both the engines, 85 BHP and 109 BHP, are powerful enough for my purpose.
  • Fuel economy is reasonably good.
  • Outstanding ride quality, better handling.
  • Solid build quality.
Advantage Ecosport: -
  • Build quality is robust, if not the best.
  • The 1.5 liter petrol is sweet for my kind of driving.
  • Handles well on ghats, though ride is a bit firm.
Old 30th August 2015, 16:03   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I honestly believe, the cars [SUV's/crossovers] present in the poll have on multiple occasions have different clientele to cater to. ... Someone who is looking to buy an XUV won't ever consider the ladder on frame SUV's. XUV drives like a car, others not so.
This makes perfect sense to me - after (still) driving a 2004 Scorpio for so many years, looking to move to (ideally) an XUV AT!
Old 30th August 2015, 17:12   #68
BHPian

My vote goes for the XUV500. Even after all the 3 years she served us, she has always delighted us with her big car feel, abuse friendly build and features. Here are the XUV's strong points,

+ Strong and torquey mHawk engine is an absolute gem. Very tractable, yet consumes less fuel if driven sedately.
+ Aggressive and bold styling. I still turn my head to look at other XUVs inspite of owning the XUV. Call me crazy, but the XUV has a very edgy and unique design that grabs eyeballs.
+ Space and comfort.
+ Features like touchscreen MID, Bluetooth telephony, cruise control and more.
+ Safety kits which include 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, hill hold.
+ Responsive and proactive After Sale Services.
+ Surprisingly nimble handling in cities and highways for its size.

Her only negatives are,
- Low speed ride just not settled. (Old gen). New gen XUV is better.
- Interior quality is a mixed bag, rattles so early in her life.
- Limited boot space with all rows of seats up.

The only other car, which still grabs my attention is the Duster. It has a very masculine aura in such a small package that made me a fan of its design. It also boasts the best ride, though I have never been in one. However I have been in a Scala, which felt very balanced and miles ahead of the XUV. The Creta has good styling, but somehow just is not as butch as the Duster. I will watch the launch of the facelift Duster very closely.

Last edited by karthick_b : 30th August 2015 at 17:16. Reason: spelling correction
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:34   #69
BHPian

My vote goes to XUV500. It's certainly Value for Money with all the features (Safety and otherwise).

A lot of posts prior to this have voiced the same opinion.

A couple of major turn-offs for the XUV500 are the lack of premiumness on the inside of the vehicle and the boot space. If you look at it from the point of view of being an 18L car, then you certainly feel disappointed by some of the quality levels inside the car.

But on an overall note, the XUV500 seems to be much more VFM than any others of the list in my opinion.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Have voted for the Storme. Well it is the vehicle I bought less than 2 months ago. It is a full size ladder frame SUV with a 4 wheel drive with limited slip differential which has quality intereiors though it may be short of some features . It reminds of an Nissan Exterra ad from the time I was in Us ( around 2001) Every thing you need, nothing you don't.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:04   #71
KAN
BHPian

This is like a 'spot-on' survey and the key question with respect to market offerings currently!!
Tushar for this !!!

I voted for XUV500!! love this vehicle!!

Last edited by Aditya : 1st September 2015 at 06:48. Reason: Only two smileys per post allowed.
Old 31st August 2015, 13:43   #72
Team-BHP Support

This is like those "one-more" thread that caught me totally by surprise when I thought on it. When I clicked it open it was yet another vote your favorite kind of thread. Butttt... and thats a big one, I did not have a ready answer to what I thought will be a click your choice and leave thread.

You see, I happen to own a 4x4 Duster and a XUV. Howzzat?! Two SUVs/quasi-SUVs that basically cover the whole ground for me. So here is my thought on these two,

You pick the XUV for,
* Space
* Features
* High Safety
* High GC
* Road Presence
* Amazing Engine
* Ease of Driving

You pick the 4x4 Duster for
* Magic Carpet Ride with Great Handling
* Almost a Point & Shoot car that brings smile in city drives
* Go Anywhere Attitude
* Good Safety features
* Good Bootspace
* Comes in a Small Package = Easy life in busy city streets

I personally voted for the XUV after some thoughts as I still find that to be "The Package" for me and the Duster is more utilitarian in that aspect.
Zappo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 14:29   #73
ISO
BANNED

I voted for Tata Safari Storme.

When I took test drive of Creta top end diesel, I immediately realized XUV mHawk is way better than creta.

But My three different test drive of XUV has three different experiences. That means I have doubt on QC department of Mahendra.

Hence vote for Safari Storme.
Old 31st August 2015, 15:18   #74
BHPian

I Voted for the XUV 5OO for very simple reasons (the same for which I bought the car)

Technical Reasons - Power, torque, ease of handling, good mileage, street presence. I think no other car offers this complete package

Emotional Reasons - I love it, wife loves it, kid loves it - so really a no brainer
Old 31st August 2015, 18:26   #75
BHPian

I had to make this decision in July before the Creta was launched. I couldnt resist what XUV had to offer and bought the W10. I recently drove the Creta and boy I am happy I went for the XUV, Creta is no doubt smooth but its NOT an SUV.

Duster, since its launch I contemplated buying it multiple times however what a let down when you step in, such a fine handling car deserves better quality interiors.

Eco sport, nice sharp handling but dosnt seem any bigger on the inside than my swift.

Tata Safari was the Indian Pajero but that was a while back and competetion makes it look retired

Scorpio, a tough beast however not quiet refined enough to be in this league i say.

Voted for the mighty XUV, and while I am at that, get the W10

Last edited by dionysus : 31st August 2015 at 18:41.
dionysus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks