Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Hyundai Creta 190 20.90%
Renault Duster 154 16.94%
Mahindra XUV500 379 41.69%
Ford EcoSport 63 6.93%
Mahindra Scorpio 37 4.07%
Tata Safari Storme 86 9.46%
Voters: 909. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 11:23   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Others

Why not the Duster Petrol CVT then ? Suits the bill perfectly.
Old 26th May 2017, 12:09   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Not sure if this was covered before so apologies if this is a repeat question.

If the usage is strictly city(daily 12 kms) with occasional outstation weekend drives (~ 300-500kms) and the requirement being an auto box ,would you recommend the creta petrol over a duster amt (vice versa) ?

Budget being in the 14lakh region and no interest in a sedan
If you are going to compare then better to do Petrol vs Petrol.

Duster CVT is 10.32L vs Creata Petrol AT 13L Delhi. Thats a huge price gap but in terms of safety I would suggest read up more as neither inspires much confidence.

I would choose Creta AT over Duster as it looks more upmarket and if I were to keep it for lets say 7 years then will not feel I got an old car.

But I would choose Terrano AT over Creta AT as I prefer design of Terrano over Creta.

Last edited by heydj : 26th May 2017 at 12:10.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 12:41   #213
BHPian

Thank you for the revert BUXX & heydj

Haven't heard inspiring feedback on duster petrol cvt (including comments from our very own GTO)

Will td the creta petrol auto ( though I know the ftd factor will be missing in comparo to my current ride-gt tsi)
Old 26th May 2017, 16:50   #214
BHPian

Dont ignore the Duster CVT , TD it and see for yourself. It has a slightly better safety package than the Creta and is quite VFM for what it offers.
Old 26th May 2017, 17:24   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Will td the creta petrol auto ( though I know the ftd factor will be missing in comparo to my current ride-gt tsi)
Good luck with that. I couldn't find any Petrol AT test drive vehicle in Delhi, Noida, Faridabad or Chandigarh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
It has a slightly better safety package than the Creta and is quite VFM for what it offers.
After the recent NCAP fiasco and smaller than required airbag discovery, I wouldn't go by safety package on the paper.
Old 27th May 2017, 14:44   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
After the recent NCAP fiasco and smaller than required airbag discovery, I wouldn't go by safety package on the paper.
I agree. I was on the lookout for a diesel SUV or compact SUV and the only options in my budget were Duster and Ecosport. I liked Duster so much that while I was about to book the duster when I heard this crash test news and I did read through the details and dropped Duster from my shortlisting leaving no other option but ecosport. The sales man at Renault tried their best giving crappie reasons for not dropping duster. How could Renault expect a customer to put in their hard earned money on a car which is not even safe. It's high time they should realize and stop taking customers for a ride.
Old 20th July 2017, 21:46   #217
BHPian

Compact SUV under 10 lakhs

This is for my friend. He currently owns a 10 year old Santro. He is getting married next month and hence in search of a new compact SUV, which will be mainly used for long drives (~500 km). The preferences are listed below:
  • Safety: Two airbags and ABS are must.
  • On road price under 11 lakhs (already stretched from 10 lakhs).
  • Should be able to occupy 5 on board comfortably.
  • Expected mileage greater than 15 kmpl.
  • No automatics, only manuals are considered.
  • Delivery within one month, before August 15.
He had already booked Vitara Brezza in the last month. The SE promised delivery by August second week at that time. And now, they are saying it is not sure about the delivery within the promised time. They will inform by July last week if it is possible to deliver the vehicle before his marriage.

So the search for alternatives have started. The following are the short listed vehicles.
  • Creta E+: Although he likes the vehicle very much, the mileage factor is holding him back.
  • S- Cross Delta 200: Came to the picture in the last minute. Not even had a test drive.
  • Duster RxS 85ps: This is the basic variant offering two airbags as standard. The on road price is near 12 lakhs. Is ther any options to include passenger air bags in the lower variants by request?
  • Ecosport Titanium: Although well packaged, it is not considered due to the limited rear space for 5 passengers.
  • Terrano XL: Same as Duster, but priced above its sibling of the same spec.
Suggestions are welcome. If anybody can pull the strings to get a Brezza delivered by August 15, that solves the issue. He initially booked Brezza Vdi, but open to accept Zdi now. He had already rejected Zdi+ offered by the dealer (BRD Car World, Thrissur).
Old 21st July 2017, 01:04   #218
Senior - BHPian

Re: Compact SUV under 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
This is for my friend. He currently owns a 10 year old Santro. He is getting married next month and hence in search of a new compact SUV, .
Why din't he consider a TUV3OO or Scorpio. In 11 lakhs budget he should be able to get a TUV top end model. Also IMO Scorpio S6 should be available at that price range. If he is interested in Mahindra vehicles he can try and get delivery within a week.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 07:18   #219
Team-BHP Support

Re: Compact SUV under 10 lakhs

Quote:
He initially booked Brezza Vdi, but open to accept Zdi now. He had already rejected Zdi+ offered by the dealer (BRD Car World, Thrissur).
I honestly think that if one has the budget, one should go for the best available model. I believe he should go for the ZDi+ ZDi+ is available as it is the most sought after.

At that price range, others vehicles would be the low models with barely any safety features as well and won't be as equipped. Is there a lot of difference between the seat space at the back between the EcoSport and the Brezza?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 08:25   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Why din't he consider a TUV3OO or Scorpio. In 11 lakhs budget he should be able to get a TUV top end model. Also IMO Scorpio S6 should be available at that price range. If he is interested in Mahindra vehicles he can try and get delivery within a week.
Scorpio is ruled out due to the budget constrain. Only S2 would be available under 11 lakh on road. Didn't consider TUV till now, will do it today. Thanks for the suggestions. What would be the mileage for TUV 300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I honestly think that if one has the budget, one should go for the best available model. I believe he should go for the ZDi+ ZDi+ is available as it is the most sought after.

At that price range, others vehicles would be the low models with barely any safety features as well and won't be as equipped. Is there a lot of difference between the seat space at the back between the EcoSport and the Brezza?
Zdi+ was above the allowed budget. Price is one of the major constraints here.

Ecosport is just 25mm shorter in width than Brezza. While that is not a lot, the fact that a new Ecosport would be launched by the end of 2017 is a concern. He doesn't want to end up with a model, which will be 'old' in three months time.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 20:41   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would be the mileage for TUV 300?
I have heard people commenting on the mileage to hover around 16-17kmpl. Please go through the below reviews to get a more details on TUV3OO.

1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rspective.html

3. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...t8-manual.html

Hope this helps.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 20:55   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I have heard people commenting on the mileage to hover around 16-17kmpl.

Hope this helps.
Already went through the first one. Will checkout the other ones too. 17 kmpl is very good for the vehicle.
Thanks for the info.
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:53   #223
BHPian

Car that needs to be versatile - city/highway & rough roads, dog carrier & fun to drive

Hello all,

Need some advice as I am massively confused. I need a car that fulfils the following requirements:
  • Able to have a flat bed in the back to accomodate my indog and my mudhol hound
  • I drive in the city for work (lots of small trips that need street parking) but also night walks on juhu beach + road trips with both dogs (especially to water bodies)
  • The car will have to carry agility equipment on and off i.e. needs space
  • I like a car thats fun to drive/ peppy engine

Other important points:

I can't buy a huge SUV as I drive around in the city and re-park about 3 times a day. Currently, we use a Honda City but my taller dog (who has a higher centre of gravity) loses his balance on the back seat. My other dog is brilliant at car journeys and can be sitting, in a down position or even sitting on someones lap. But, I don't want to relegate either dog to a boot area. Usually, I drive alone or with one other person.

I have land on a river which I will be taking both my dogs for swims, but roads are bad or muddy, so needs to have good GC. No roads that would require a proper offroader since I wouldnt try that with my dogs.

Cars short listed: Nothing is short listed but have driven Ecosport, Terrano, Urban Cross, Honda WRV and Duster.

Honda WRV will not fit my dogs & I didn't like the Duster. Terrano will fit my dogs but a tad uncomfortable as it doesn't go flat. I don't have much fun driving my friends Ecosport (AT). The Urban Cross Abarth is seeming exciting now. But, I'm wondering about Avventura Abarth and I cant really tell what would set them apart other than the boot/spare tyre issue.

I'm not set on MT or AT. Either is okay with me.

Price range : Willing to go up to 18 lakhs.

Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations : Don't want anything CKD or CBU because I don't want to wait for spares or worry about untrained mechanics. Of course, wait can happen without CKD/CBU as well, but then I'd rule those out.

Average distance traveled per month : 900 kms
Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc): City & highway & rough road

[b]Chauffer driven / self driven: self driven

Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family: No

How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you) : 6/7 years and resale is not a deciding factor

Last edited by msbehave : 23rd July 2017 at 20:02.
Old 23rd July 2017, 20:04   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car that needs to be versatile - city/highway & rough roads, dog carrier & fun to drive

How about the S Cross 1.6?? Fulfills your requirements well enough IMO.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 20:33   #225
BHPian

Re: Car that needs to be versatile - city/highway & rough roads, dog carrier & fun to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
How about the S Cross 1.6?? Fulfills your requirements well enough IMO.

Regards,
Shashi
I've had a Maruti Swift Zxi for over 10 years so feel like getting something from another stable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks