Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2018, 12:57   #46
BHPian

Re: Advice on a pre-owned Honda CR-V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Friends ,
I am considering pre owned 2016 2.4Ltr AT CRV .
Would be really grateful if someone can guide me on following :-
1. What should be my offer price to buy considering the vehicle has one 35k already.
2. What is the mileage in city driving condition ?
3. Is the maintenance of the car expensive. Tentative idea in its annual maintenance cost .
4 . Will it be difficult to sell it after 2 years ?
5. I have the option of take 2015 Santa Fe AT . Which of the two would be a better buy .

Thanks .
1. A relative recently purchased a 2015 CR-V for 16 lakhs, that should give you an idea.

2. It's a big, heavy, petrol A/T. So don't expect much in terms of FE. You can expect around 7 kmpl in the city.

3. Parts are as expensive as any other D segment car. The car itself is very reliable though, and Honda service costs are pretty low.

4. It won't be very difficult, but again it's a petrol D segment SUV, so resale value won't be great.

5. Santa Fe has 7 seats and a diesel engine. Both have below average resale values, though the Santa Fe will be cheaper to run.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 09:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

The CRV is an expensive car to run. 7 kmpl in Mumbai is a luxury. The car feels tremendous but very difficult to find good ones in the used car market. I searched the car aggressively for the last 3 months and finally settled for the City CVT Sunroof. All the vehicles I found had some minor issues which will be an irritant to fix. Like leather interiors going bad, glove box and other boxes will have broken lids, etc which are rare parts to procure. Some need entire assembly to be replaced.

These things kept me away, but a good CRV would have been a perfect car for me.
Old 13th July 2019, 18:36   #48
BHPian

My endless search for a good Civic AT has derailed to a CRV AT now.

I have come across a 2010 CRV 2.4 AT with 65k on the odo. The 3rd party dealer quotes 9.5L. What is the correct price I should be looking at ? Appreciate any response from the experts.
Old 13th July 2019, 19:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
I have come across a 2010 CRV 2.4 AT with 65k on the odo. The 3rd party dealer quotes 9.5L.
The market price of a CR-V of that vintage and mileage is closer to 5 lakhs in Mumbai. 9.5 lakhs is an extremely high price!

Infact for that price, one can find a newer shape 2013/2014 CR-V albiet a slightly higher mileage one!

This is one example to get you started

https://www.carwale.com/m/used/cars-.../?slot=0&rk=10
Pratyush2407 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 21:28   #50
BHPian

Thank you. The one that you shared is also on my list. But the owner is not responsive. Thank you for the gyaan. Will try to negotiate accordingly.
Old 12th February 2020, 20:44   #51
BHPian

Hi,

I need advice on the Honda CR-V or any other SUV that's a better choice. My current ride is a Corolla Altis(late 2009) MT. The Bengaluru traffic is hurting my left knee with the Altis' clutch being medium hard. My wife also would prefer a higher seating position, she's not comfortable to drive the Altis anywhere within the city and in winding roads due to the lower seating position compared to a SUV.

I'm looking for the following needs met:

1. AT - TC or CVT is fine.
2. SUV - helps to handle potholes, speed breakers and a high seating position so that my wife can also drive in the city or in highways to give me a break.
3. Seat 4 adults and 1 kid for long trips with luggage for a week. Should handle hilly terrain, but no offroading.
4. Handle bumper to bumper Bengaluru traffic without overheating gearboxes.
5. Rides like a car and is reasonably quick on the highway at cruising speeds (100-120kmph)
6. Safety(2 airbags minimum, 4+ preferred)
7. Cruise control - would help me drive at ease and not be tempted to drive faster on open highways
8. Highway mileage of 10kmpl or higher. City mileage should be 8+ kmpl. It'll be 400km city driving and 400km highway per month.
9. Reliable and cheap to maintain, availability of good service and spares.
10. Budget is < 15L. I can go for new cars at this budget or higher budgets, but I'm happy with used cars and not take depreciation hits. Thankfully, my wife's fine with it too. The Altis was bought used 4 years ago and it has served us well with only regular service, insurance and fuel costs.
11. Extra or nice to have - Panaromic sun roof
12. Other extras or nice to have - Hill hold, ESC etc

It seems CR-V is the best fit, a 2014 or later 2L AT or 2.4L AT has all the above needs met.

1. What're the maintenance or replacement costs I'm looking at for a 2013/14+ model which is 6 years or so old?
2. Are there any known problems with CR-V of this vintage that I should be aware of? I'll do test drives and if happy, will have an in-depth check done at a FNG or Honda ASS. Any FNG or particular ASS in Bengaluru which you recommend to do this?
2. What's the price in Bengaluru for a CR-V of 2013/14 vintage. I see about 10-13 Lakhs on Carwale, OLX, Quikr. Is that the real price or can it be negotiated down?
Old 17th February 2020, 00:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthikeyan View Post
Hi,

I need advice on the Honda CR-V or any other SUV that's a better choice. My current ride is a Corolla Altis(late 2009) MT. The Bengaluru traffic is hurting my left knee with the Altis' clutch being medium hard. My wife also would prefer a higher seating position, she's not comfortable to drive the Altis anywhere within the city and in winding roads due to the lower seating position compared to a SUV.

I'm looking for the following needs met:

1. AT - TC or CVT is fine.
2. SUV - helps to handle potholes, speed breakers and a high seating position so that my wife can also drive in the city or in highways to give me a break.
3. Seat 4 adults and 1 kid for long trips with luggage for a week. Should handle hilly terrain, but no offroading.
4. Handle bumper to bumper Bengaluru traffic without overheating gearboxes.
5. Rides like a car and is reasonably quick on the highway at cruising speeds (100-120kmph)
6. Safety(2 airbags minimum, 4+ preferred)
7. Cruise control - would help me drive at ease and not be tempted to drive faster on open highways
8. Highway mileage of 10kmpl or higher. City mileage should be 8+ kmpl. It'll be 400km city driving and 400km highway per month.
9. Reliable and cheap to maintain, availability of good service and spares.
10. Budget is < 15L. I can go for new cars at this budget or higher budgets, but I'm happy with used cars and not take depreciation hits. Thankfully, my wife's fine with it too. The Altis was bought used 4 years ago and it has served us well with only regular service, insurance and fuel costs.
11. Extra or nice to have - Panaromic sun roof
12. Other extras or nice to have - Hill hold, ESC etc

It seems CR-V is the best fit, a 2014 or later 2L AT or 2.4L AT has all the above needs met.

1. What're the maintenance or replacement costs I'm looking at for a 2013/14+ model which is 6 years or so old?
2. Are there any known problems with CR-V of this vintage that I should be aware of? I'll do test drives and if happy, will have an in-depth check done at a FNG or Honda ASS. Any FNG or particular ASS in Bengaluru which you recommend to do this?
2. What's the price in Bengaluru for a CR-V of 2013/14 vintage. I see about 10-13 Lakhs on Carwale, OLX, Quikr. Is that the real price or can it be negotiated down?

i own a 2014 December CRV. I would suggest you buy a 2.4 CRV manufactured in 2015 which was slightly updated with new headlights, and a new music system and also came standard with silencer muffler, rear tonneau cover, and also a start stop as standard.

You will be able to get a low run, well kept CRV for about 15 which is your budget. Maintenance costs will be one service per year which will be around 10000/-. i would recommend that you buy the honda extended all time warranty which is available for the crv renewable every year for upto 10 years and is a good investment.

2.4 is peppy and perfect for the CRV. expect about 7-8 in the city with full AC and about 11-13 on the highway with a full load. the more you use cruise control on the highway the higher the mileage will go. ARAI says 12 for the 2.4 CRV but i have managed a 13.5 on my CRV with a steady speed of 80-90.

gearbox is a torque converter but very reliable, it has hill hold, and 6 airbags, with TC, and even the steering has audio mounted controls. I would say only buy the 2015 manufactured CRV which has the slight updates as in the longer run it will be much nicer to have these minor improvements. If you need any further help please feel free to ask.
M00M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 14:21   #53
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I hope you are well.

I'm looking for advice on buying a used CRV AWD in Bangalore. The vehicles I am considering are:

Facelift model | 2007 | AWD MT | 67000 km | 2nd owner | Partial service history.

Old boxy look model | 2006 | AWD MT | 75000 km | 2nd owner | Partial service history.

Though I like the older CRV for the looks, I'm forced to consider the facelift model as it is the more recent version. Or is it cheaper to own and run the older model?

Need help with the following:

1. How to identify if the vehicle is an AWD especially on 2006 model? I see there is a sticker on the rear windshield. Is that the only marker? Or the vehicle was only AWD?

2. Can you recommend a decent Honda service center/ mechanic who can help me with a paid vehicle inspection?

3. Things I need to look out for while inspecting and buying.

4. Known issues in these models (looking for details on company recalls, common issues, faulty parts, etc.).

5. Annual maintenance cost of the vehicle and any insights into cost of ownership.

Any inputs from the experts and previous owners will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Suraj
Old 17th June 2020, 15:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubey23 View Post
1. How to identify if the vehicle is an AWD especially on 2006 model? I see there is a sticker on the rear windshield. Is that the only marker? Or the vehicle was only AWD?
If you bend down and take a look at the rear axle, the AWD should have a differential hub at the center and the drive shafts going to each wheels.
In some SUVs, 2WD versions will have semi independent rear suspension and the 4WD variant will have independent suspension.

Last edited by Guna : 17th June 2020 at 15:31.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

What would be the fair price for 2018 model Diesel AWD with 19000 km on the board? Its a private party and asking for 30 lac.
Old 19th November 2020, 00:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
What would be the fair price for 2018 model Diesel AWD with 19000 km on the board? Its a private party and asking for 30 lac.
Too expensive in my opinion. because in 2019 it had a 5 lac discount . so say AWD is 38 on road it would be 33. Now take a rough calculation, i would say you should quote about 24 - 26 for it.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 21:14   #57
BHPian

Hi All!

After 3.5 months of seeking a good CR-V and after (almost) buying a super low run Hyundai Elantra, finally got one which i couldn't say no to!

A December 2015 2.4 AVN 4WD model with 29K on odo.

A private company owned and maintained (Not leased!) car that was meant for the director who is based out of UK.

Got the PDI done on the first day followed by a detailed diagnostic done through Honda ASS.

Have already travelled to Pune and back apart from few joyrides within the cramped roads of Mumbai...and I must say, after driving a Civic, though I still miss my Civic, it's still a very car like experience that this vehicle has been praised for indeed.

Shall be looking forward to connect with the fellow CR-V owners to learn more from their experience.

Sharing a few pics, though a detailing from Kamyo is pending...

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on a pre-owned Honda CR-V?-img_20201114_233137.jpg  

Advice on a pre-owned Honda CR-V?-img_20201114_233141.jpg  

Advice on a pre-owned Honda CR-V?-img_20201114_233151.jpg  

Advice on a pre-owned Honda CR-V?-img_20201114_233158.jpg  

pineapple_ameet is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:23   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
Hi All!

After 3.5 months of seeking a good CR-V and after (almost) buying a super low run Hyundai Elantra, finally got one which i couldn't say no to!

A December 2015 2.4 AVN 4WD model with 29K on odo.

Cheers!
Congratulations on your purchase!
Could you give me an idea on the price range for 2.4 Cr V 2015-16 models?
And how about the 2.0 2WD?
My friends are suggesting me to go for a new Compass but my heart is fixated at a Cr V's sedan-like driving experience. Paying 22-23 Lac for a brand new harrier or Compass does not seem a viable option for me, considering I hardly complete 10k Km in a year. I am not a hard-core off roader either. My 2013 Verna is not a good fit for long tours for its soft suspensions.
udhaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udhaw View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!
Could you give me an idea on the price range for 2.4 Cr V 2015-16 models?
And how about the 2.0 2WD?
Thanks udhaw! I think a good bracket to look for nicely maintained vehicles could be anything between 12-14L for 15-16 models. Look for unleased vehicles, as mostly all the leased vehicles will be 1L+ on odo.

I have no idea about 2.0 L as i had my eyes set only for 2.4 AWD.
Loving it every bit!
Old 17th February 2021, 21:21   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
I think a good bracket to look for nicely maintained vehicles could be anything between 12-14L for 15-16 models. Look for unleased vehicles, as mostly all the leased vehicles will be 1L+ on odo.

I have no idea about 2.0 L as i had my eyes set only for 2.4 AWD.
Loving it every bit!
Thank you for the suggestion!
Toughest part of owning a used Cr V is to convince my wife that a used vehicle can be that costly. She will then Google and show me the cars that can come brand new for that price

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks