Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 21:59   #76

Core Shock Absorber - The Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Could it be that the damping properties of the shocks are different for the larger; heavier 2.4 liter motor and since 2.0 engine option was sold less, the cost of keeping inventory of shocks for the 2.0 model plays a part in those ludicrous prices?
Those were my initial thoughts as well, however, as I have mentioned in the post--please excuse if it is buried in verbosity--the underlying strut in every assembly appears to be the same, that's what I found out when I looked at the child parts of each assembly for most of the trims. After cross verifying across the trims and production years, I just concluded the obvious fact which was staring at me.

Actually, this is also the case with rear struts too, which also I recently changed, which had fewer "variations" however, every child part of the strut assembly pointed to the same core strut. Furthermore, the 2.0 spec also had multiple production runs, so I had to abandon this line of thinking (regarding cost of shelf space).
Ashok.Vardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 23:52   #77

Re: Advice on a pre-owned Honda CR-V?

Hi BHPians !

I'm looking for advice on a pre owned Honda CR-V 2017 2.4L 4WD AT which is currently with the 2nd owner and has 1,06,000 Kms done

-The asking price is 11 Lakh which I want to know if it's a fair price for what it offers.

I'm currently looking for a used honda automatic preferably a honda jazz as we already have a 2015 Honda city but was willing to increase my budget for a few lakhs while getting a superior upgrade in terms of the 2.4L engine. I'm looking to keep this vehicle for as long as possible and am quite aware of the mileage it offers and the pricey spares. Being a native of a city like Visakhapatnam where the used car market is pretty dull for automatics and Honda's in particular I'm forced
to look for the best in whatever is available. Thought of getting a car from a different state but re registering it in my homestate attracts a tax of 8% .
Old 10th November 2021, 00:25   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityakommuru View Post
Hi BHPians !

I'm looking for advice on a pre owned Honda CR-V 2017 2.4L 4WD AT which is currently with the 2nd owner and has 1,06,000 Kms done

-The asking price is 11 Lakh which I want to know if it's a fair price for what it offers.
overpriced. offer 7.5 lacs max to max 1 lac kms is a high use car, will have more expenses in terms of maintenance.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 12:01   #79

The vehicle is grossly overpriced since it is a petrol SUV and it has a very high mileage on it. You should factor in maintenance, tires as well. A fair price as per my opinion will be 6-7 lacs.
Doc_protean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 16:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_protean View Post
The vehicle is grossly overpriced since it is a petrol SUV and it has a very high mileage on it. You should factor in maintenance, tires as well. A fair price as per my opinion will be 6-7 lacs.
Used car values going up so 7.5 which I suggested is appropriate. Tyres will cost 15 k per tyre. Suspension bushings front will be 20 and rear will be 20. Brake pads will be 5-8 k for front and additionally for rear.

Battery will be 10-12k.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 07:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityakommuru View Post
Hi BHPians !

I'm currently looking for a used honda automatic preferably a honda jazz as we already have a 2015 Honda city but was willing to increase my budget for a few lakhs while getting a superior upgrade in terms of the 2.4L engine. I'm looking to keep this vehicle for as long as possible and am quite aware of the mileage it offers and the pricey spares. Being a native of a city like Visakhapatnam where the used car market is pretty dull for automatics and Honda's in particular I'm forced
to look for the best in whatever is available. Thought of getting a car from a different state but re registering it in my homestate attracts a tax of 8% .
I recently purchase one in Bangalore. CRV is a trouble free car with not many things going wrong. fuel efficiency will be around 10 on highway with peaceful driving (you know these anyhow)

Not commenting on price as you can check those on olx and take a call. Make sure car was serviced as per schedule and ATF (automatic transmission fluid) was replaced as recommended. CRVs suspension do not last >80k kms, please see if that was changed
noufal.ps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 07:45   #82
BHPian

Maybe this is completely off grid question - but it is indeed a serious one seeking advice from members.

Would it be sensible to buy a second hand fifth generation CR-V - Diesel/Petrol for largely inter city/highway driving? If the answer is yes, a follow up question is - what should one expect to pay for a 2018/2019/2020 CR-V?

In case any of the forum members (Bangalore or any other location) own a fifth gen CR-V and is contemplating to sell their vehicle, please do PM.
Old 4th July 2022, 17:37   #83
Senior - BHPian

I myself am on the lookout for a used big car. With the family growing, safety is a big concern. Currently I am driving a 10 yr old Brio, and i am still in love with this gem.
My next natural upgrade feels like a Honda City or the Honda Civic, but I am looking more towards the SUV/Crossover space.
Cars in consideration are the used CRV, Hexa, Safari.
The challenge with the CRVs are that in Mumbai, i am not able to find any in the 2018/19 space and I saw a 2017 one at 15.9 lacs. which feels unfair.
Any leads will be welcome.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 18:39   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
The challenge with the CRVs are that in Mumbai, i am not able to find any in the 2018/19 space and I saw a 2017 one at 15.9 lacs. which feels unfair.

cheers,
ac
Unfortunately, the CRV was discontinued due to poor sales but has it's own fan following so prices remain relatively high as the model is quite rare.
It is further compounded by the current market conditions where all cars (new and used) are being sold at a premium.

Best bet is to wait to find an actual owner who is selling the vehicle as dealers typically keep a Rs. 3-4L margin on the CRV.

I would also look at the Tucson as an option, which is more easily available and prices can be negotiated.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 11:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
I myself am on the lookout for a used big car. With the family growing, safety is a big concern. Currently I am driving a 10 yr old Brio, and i am still in love with this gem.
My next natural upgrade feels like a Honda City or the Honda Civic, but I am looking more towards the SUV/Crossover space.
Cars in consideration are the used CRV, Hexa, Safari.

cheers,
ac
Hello, Did you buy that CRV ultimately?

Can you share your positive/negative experience pl.
Old 1st June 2023, 13:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello, Did you buy that CRV ultimately?

Can you share your positive/negative experience pl.
Not yet, had to move out of the city for a bit, the plans been shifted for the next year.

Next year I might not be looking at the CRV. But we will cross that bridge when we reach there.
Old 23rd July 2023, 01:14   #87
BHPian

is there a good way to tell the 2014-2019 2.0 AT and 2.4AT apart? The dealers in NCR have outrageous pricing and mix up their models. They will have an MT listed as 2.4 and vice versa
joshiviv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 09:58   #88

I too am looking (in Pune) for a used 2018 or later CRV petrol 2.0 CVT preferably run around the 50k kms range. Considering current market what would be a reasonable budget for this? And whats the best place to find direct sellers without intermediate agents?
Old 27th March 2024, 21:47   #89
BHPian

Someone quoting 2017 CRV Petrol CVT and asking for 15L in Hyderabad, what would be the right price.
Thanks.
Old 24th April 2024, 15:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Someone quoting 2017 CRV Petrol CVT and asking for 15L in Hyderabad, what would be the right price.
Thanks.
Basically depends on the mileage, condition and upcoming repairs on the vehicle. Simple one - if all tyres have to be replaced its 60K+ in expense. So it can land anywhere between 10-14. I would suggest spend more and get a great car.
joshiviv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks