Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Not true! only if registered as a commercial vehicle you have to pay yearly taxes ( in Karnataka, I guess it is quarterly)
Got the same feedback in Kerala - sir you have to pay tax yearly for 8 seater, but for the 7 - seater you can pay lifetime. And this was for personal use.

At that time the model I was looking at came only in 8-seater option with no "captain's seat" (basically individual seats like those up front - with armrests) for the middle row.
Old 19th September 2006, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Does this mean that every vehicle in India with more than seven seats we have to pay yearly tax even if the vehicle is for personal use only.

How is the tax structure[yearly/one time] for the Tavera,the Scorpio,the tata Safari when we have seating option of more than seven seats for the vehicle.
Old 20th September 2006, 17:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
But I've heard that in the case of 7-seater the road tax is payed fully when the vehicle leaves the showroom like in the case of Omni-5 seater.

But for 8-seater the tax needs to be paid every one/two years like in the case of Omni-8 seater, Right ?
Not true, I have an 8 seater G4, and the tax needs to be payed only once the life time tax
Old 20th September 2006, 17:18   #19
BHPian

The life time tax for Innova 8 seater in Bangalore is around 94,000
Old 20th September 2006, 17:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes thats right prince, for white board (personal use) innova road tax is around 1 lakh. actually life time tax amoutn decided on ex show room value of the vehicle. this is rule in bangalore,karnataka. G4 LTT is around 94K where top end is just over 1 lakh. and its one time, only commercially used innovas or any cars attracts quarterly or yearly tax based on state we live in

LTT same for 7 or 8 seator only 500 rs difference since 7 or 8 seator innova ex show room cost is around 5000 rs difference. Hope this clarify the doubts about road tax.

Ravi.
Old 20th September 2006, 18:36   #21
BANNED

mostly closely a deal on a black 7 seater. just wanted to know the max discount that people are getting in mumbai. am being offered rs. 35000 off only. and i guess around 6 laks for 2003 qualis. any other discounts on ? ? ?

V grade has airbays so four spoke wheel while others get 3 spoke non airbags
Old 20th September 2006, 19:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

in Bangalore if we go by full cash first year insurance is free thats around 35K and if we bargain hard they might give few accessories worth 10K free. but I heard If we go with finance (I guess icici) and icici / toyota credit card total savings on innoav might be around 80K but not sure If any one got this savings.

Ravi.
Old 20th September 2006, 22:08   #23
BHPian

For my Innova (G4, diesel, 8 seater) I got 50K cash discount on the ex-showroom price
Old 20th September 2006, 23:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jesal,

I Got Free Insurance Worth Rs.41k Plus Floor Mats,Spoiler,Muffler Cutter, And Mud Flaps So Total Discount Approx 50K On Innova V 8 Seater.

Cheers,
Mugen.
Old 21st September 2006, 12:17   #25
BANNED

hmmm ok that fellow is comin home to show the car not interested in the test drive but lets see. also drove the new camry so those who say it handles like a couch i have no clue why. took it upto 140 and it was nice nice nice. anyways im getting 35k cash dis, thats it i have asked 2 dealers. i am thinking of asking them to give me 15k in accessories or ill ask for alloys since i am also exchanging my qualis with them mostly. anymore options i have here . i am going for a 7 seater g4 model
Old 22nd September 2006, 04:35   #26
BANNED

Quote:
At that time the model I was looking at came only in 8-seater option with no "captain's seat"
What is meant by captain seat ?
Old 22nd September 2006, 05:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

A seat that makes you feel like the captain of a ship when you sit on it.
Old 14th April 2008, 15:38   #28
BHPian

I want to purchase a 8 seater INNOVA under the company lease scheme. But the dealer says that the 8 seater cannot be registered in company's name as per RTO rules. He was not able to give a proper explation of why it cannot be registered in company's name. Can anyone throw more light on this?
Old 14th April 2008, 15:44   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I want to purchase a 8 seater INNOVA under the company lease scheme. But the dealer says that the 8 seater cannot be registered in company's name as per RTO rules. He was not able to give a proper explation of why it cannot be registered in company's name. Can anyone throw more light on this?
I am surprised, I have a 8 seater Innova under company lease scheme. Not sure if this is a new rule because I bought mine almost 16 months back. Maybe check with the other dealer.
Old 14th April 2008, 17:55   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
for a corporate registration on the 8 seater you will get yellow plates + you will have to pay road tax every year or something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks