Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 237 30.54%
Ford EcoSport 466 60.05%
Mahindra TUV300 73 9.41%
Voters: 776. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 00:32   #136
BHPian

Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

My heart and mind both go for Ford Ecosport. However all the sales figures and various video reviews on Youtube confuse me. If I consider this poll to be ultimate test then i am right however sales stats paint a different picture.

By the way Maruti has always been the king of small cars. None of their premium cars (Sedans) have clicked, be it the old Baleno, SX4, Kizashi, Grand Vitara and even Zypsy (except for police and armed forces). Considering the history it does surprise me the success Ciaz and Brezza are getting. Aug sales figure state Ciaz is selling more than City, what could explain this. Is this crowd mentality or something else.

IMHO the only one thing that Maruti is strong in is their service network. People talk about their A.S.S but somehow i am not convinced. Go to any of their Authorized service centers and its a "Mela" out their. You have to wait for at least an hour to even get the job-card made. If you are not happy with their service and you rate your experience accordingly the service incharge will start calling you to change your rating.

So, to be true for me the question remains, why is Brezza selling like hot cakes? Is there something that i am missing? Any advice?
BayB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 03:32   #137
BHPian

The Brezza is selling in huge numbers because its a maruti. Period. People have faith in the brand and there are several other reasons like as you mentioned the herd mentality, impressive sales and service coverage lesser or no niggles and frugal/fuel efficient engines. Apart from these, the Brezza looks refreshing and it hides its compact dimensions very smartly.

Now imagine the ecosport as a maruti product, on sale at the current cost. Which one would sell more? The Brezza or the Ecosport? I believe the Ecosport will beat the Brezza considering it is better built, looks great, has a better engines to chose from, and is a safer car with 6 airbags and emergency calling.

Ford is way behind maruti in terms of sales, service, product portfolio etc but offers good cars and that matters the most.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 12th September 2016 at 03:39.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 08:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Brezza. Amongst the 3, this is the only future proof vehicle. Its engineered to pass Indian crash tests which come into effect in 2017. Its got arguably the best engine amongst the 3. Though you have a long waiting period, in its petrol avatar with the booster jet engine and in LXi trim, this one I reckon will also be the cheapest of the 3 to own.

The Brezza is akin to a clean sheet of paper, if you buy one in white, which incidentally is the largest selling colour, you can wrap it in any hue that you fancy. In other words, this amongst the 3 lends itself best to customization

OT:- I wonder what it is with the forum, in most polls, what we think is not what the general public think. If all were to think like us, then the EcoSport would be the one raking in the moolah. Anyways, guess a leopard cannot change its spots

If the soon to be launched face-lifted EcoSport was here, then I would have definitely re-thought on my vote
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 17:54   #139

Voted - for the Ford Ecosport

Reasons
1. Solid Build Quality
2. Great on highways
3. 6 Airbags
4. Better interiors

During a test ride of the ecosport - I sportingly asked the guy to show me the engine, so that I could see how clean is the engine bay and what is the coverage of the protective plate underneath the engine. When i lifted the hood it was heavy, I mean heavier than the jazz or brezza or for any other vehicle. That build quality just made me a fan of ecosport. Even the doors are heavy.
Old 23rd October 2016, 18:24   #140
BHPian

OK Folks,
Im in that phase of time where a new car is being sought after in a couple of months time (probably will get the 2017 makes).
Im 27, single and this buy is for/by me before the marraige stage starts off next year. What started off in the 8-9 lakh segment has now reached 12 lakhs as i wanted a compact SUV/cross-over.
(im done with the umpteen times i scratched various hatchbacks and sedans on speed breakers and hills)

My usage is predominantly for touring which i do once a month (or couple of months).
I was using my enfield for this till now but the backpains for journeys over 500km is not giving me a good time after the journey.

I took my father and sister for test drives and drove the Ecoport, scross and tuv.

TUV i found felt slow and humongous. (neither did my sister or father like it except for the space it offered inside)

Ecosport titanium optional was just loved by everyone for the features it offered and the look of it. (close to 12 L OTR - Vishakhapatnam)

next we did test drive the S-cross which was ok as well (again close to 12 L OTR for Zeta 1.3). The drive was alright. Almost felt like Ertiga with its drivability but a bit more chuckable in and out of traffic.

Brezza was straight away rejected by the family once they saw the inside. No offence to anyone but the interiors minus the touchscreen felt like the pre-facelifted swift from 5 years ago or a Dzire tour version.
(this makes me think on why people who are hell bent on getting only a Maruti are spending 12L on top end Brezza when they can get a ZETA S-cross 1.3 which feels miles better than it)

This week i had the oppurtunity to take a friends Ecosport (trend-TDCi) for a day and drove it for about 300 kms in the hills, highway,traffic and absolutely loved it.

But, now my father has suggested me to check on the Creta as well as we are spending close to 12L (diesel is a must. so only 1.4 base comes at the point which is sort of bare bones compared to ecosport titanium(O). the 1.4 S seems to be almost 1.5 L costlier than the base 1.4 as well putting it dangerously close to 14L for a 90hp i20 mill)

I havent had the chance to test drive the Creta 1.4 yet and im doubtful if the dealers would have them as well as most of the buyers prefer the 1.6 from what i understand.
If the base or the S isnt too much of a gain in the ride dynamics or power over the Ecosport I would want to stick to ES top end.
(Not that it matters, but, also if it is 1.4S, i would be spending 2L more than the titanium(O) ES TDCi for an engine which is smaller in displacement and power as well which just doesnt feel right for a bit more boot space. But then again, i havent checked out the Creta properly so I might be missing something else that it has over the ES)

Also can someone please provide some inputs on the long term reliability of ES as i understand that it has a lot of electronics. Im looking at a vehicle which would be sort of hassle free as I plan to use to for atleast 10 years (Im spending a lot of my savings on this and still need 40% to 50% financing and hence wouldn't want to change it anytime soon )

Appreciate all the help and guidance!

P.S: Mods please move to to a different/new thread if appropriate. Wasnt really sure on where to post this query

Regards,
Surya Vamsi

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 23rd October 2016 at 18:29. Reason: updates
Old 23rd October 2016, 23:19   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
OK Folks,
Im in that phase of time where a new car is being sought after in a couple of months time (probably will get the 2017)
Seems to me you've answered your own question. I think within your budget, the Ecosport is perfect. I'd suggest wait for the ecosport update as it'll be out next year starting. I guess, I'm not too sure. Don't go for the Creta, you'll miss out on some safety features. If you can extend your budget for the top model, with all the features, then go for the Creta or Scross. The 1.6 is a hoot to drive.
Also, the Tata Hexa is out soon. You could get one well equipped in your budget.

But if you wait for the Ecosport update, you can be assured that whatever issues are faced by the current owners of the Ecosport in terms of electronics, they'll be fixed in the LCI. That's normally how it goes, unless ford makes a big mistake with their cash cow. Plus Ecosport seems like a sorted car, look at a few ownership threads.
Old 23rd October 2016, 23:35   #142
BHPian

@Vamsi2390: Creta is overpriced for what it offers IMO. It looks posh, has good quality interiors but still lacks in driving feel like any other Hyundai.
ES is sub 4m, so it does look weird from some angles, but it has a decent engine, engaging dynamics, higher GC, better steering etc. Also neither Creta nor ES are perfect 5 seaters. 3 medium built people at the rear would be a squeeze in both, albeit a little more in ES.
Nowadays, almost all the cars are loaded with electronics, at least in their top trims, so I don't see any problem from this side.
Old 27th October 2016, 20:51   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
IMHO the only one thing that Maruti is strong in is their service network. People talk about their A.S.S but somehow i am not convinced. Go to any of their Authorized service centers and its a "Mela" out their. You have to wait for at least an hour to even get the job-card made. If you are not happy with their service and you rate your experience accordingly the service incharge will start calling you to change your rating.

So, to be true for me the question remains, why is Brezza selling like hot cakes? Is there something that i am missing? Any advice?
Because the 10L price point is what the 5L one was 7-8 years back. The same segment that cared two hoots about anything as long as its a Maruti, now has more cash to spend. And the herd mentality doesn't change. The Maruti execs know this as well as anyone else, that's the reason they have been aggressive in the 10L category recently, and successful too.

The products are fairly decent and it would be unfair to reject them just because they are from Maruti, but in my humble opinion what I stated is the biggest reason for their success. I see nothing extraordinary in Baleno, Brezza and Ciaz strictly as products, that warrants the kind of sales they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
OK Folks,
Im in that phase of time where a new car is being sought after in a couple of months time (probably will get the 2017 makes).
P.S: Mods please move to to a different/new thread if appropriate. Wasnt really sure on where to post this query

Had done a test drive of both EcoSport and Creta few months when we were looking for a car for my FIL. Although Creta impressed us more as a package, and looks quite beautiful and imposing, but it was the Ecosport that warmed my heart. I figured that for someone with a 10L budget, this is the one to have. The price difference between the two is unjustified actually, but then not many options for those willing to spend 13-16L and get something imposing enough, so the Creta sells. But for a budget of few lakhs less, the Ecosport makes so much sense. And I really don't think there have been many issues reported, besides it's been around long enough so should have been taken care by now. All the best for your search.

Last edited by avisidhu : 27th October 2016 at 21:00.
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:57   #144
VMG
BHPian

Mod Note: Post deleted. Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th November 2016 at 18:16.
Old 3rd January 2017, 01:57   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Seems to me you've answered your own question. I think within your budget, the Ecosport is perfect. I'd suggest wait for the ecosport update as it'll be out next year starting. I guess, I'm not too sure. Don't go for the Creta, you'll miss out on some safety features. If you can extend your budget for the top model, with all the features, then go for the Creta or Scross. The 1.6 is a hoot to drive.
Do you think the Ecosport update will feature the 2.0 litre engine they have for the US market since the units are rumored to be made and shipped from India?

Between the Ecosport Titanium and the Scross 1.6, which be a better all-round package in terms of drivability and safety?

Sorry, if I am going off-topic. Mods please delete if necessary.
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:37   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
Do you think the Ecosport update will feature the 2.0 litre engine they have for the US market since the units are rumored to be made and shipped from India?

Between the Ecosport Titanium and the Scross 1.6, which be a better all-round package in terms of drivability and safety?

Sorry, if I am going off-topic. Mods please delete if necessary.
Im not too sure on the 2L engine making way to the Ecosport update. Its not usual for companies to change engines unless they have a overhaul within themselves. Im 99% sure they'll stick to the current line up. I think they have 3 currently, 2 petrols and 1 diesel. I highly doubt they'll remove any one these and a fourth engine option is unlikely in a sub-4m car. Best to wait and find out i guess.

As for safety, i think they are both good. I know that all the S-cross models have ABS and disc brakes and air bags. On the Ford I'm not too sure, but since you are only considering the top models, they have it all. Ecosport has a plethora of features and safety equipment on board, at least on the top model it does. I dont think any of the top models between the S-Cross and Ecosport have skimped over any safety features.

As for drivability, its best if you TD them extensively. I only drove them for short distances but if you do a proper TD in each, like take them over potholes and city driving and highway cruising and if you are expecting family, their comfort will matter too. One will always prefer this car over that car for whatsoever reason so perhaps the drivability and comfort should rest in your hands and that of your companions.

Hope this helps
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:33   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
As for safety, i think they are both good. I know that all the S-cross models have ABS and disc brakes and air bags. On the Ford I'm not too sure, but since you are only considering the top models, they have it all. Ecosport has a plethora of features and safety equipment on board, at least on the top model it does. I dont think any of the top models between the S-Cross and Ecosport have skimped over any safety features.

As for drivability, its best if you TD them extensively. I only drove them for short distances but if you do a proper TD in each, like take them over potholes and city driving and highway cruising and if you are expecting family, their comfort will matter too. One will always prefer this car over that car for whatsoever reason so perhaps the drivability and comfort should rest in your hands and that of your companions.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info, Mijnoirhammer.
I have TD both, but only in city roads as the highway is quite far. So, I am unable to test the true potential of both the vehicles especially the S cross since I have read that it is altogether a different machine on the highways.

Regarding family, we have another vehicle, a sedan, so I am more inclined towards driving pleasure rather than passenger comfort.
Having said that, ofcourse, they will also ride in the car from time to time. So, comfort is necessary but not paramount.

Personally, I am leaning a little towards S cross myself because of the fiat bigger engine. Also, I felt the cornering was a little better in the S cross compared to the Ecosport.

I guess the only thing to be done is wait for the new Ecosport and see what changes they bring out. The S cross is also getting an update this year though that will be in the last quarter I think. Bad timing to buy car now I guess.
Old 18th March 2017, 12:11   #148

This is my first ever post on the forum and I am pretty excited http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Clapping.gif
Hope you all will acknowledge
In sub 4m SUV race between TUV300//BREZZA//ECOSPORT , Ecosport is the car I will be cheering for. No matter the car is in the market from past 4 years that too without a major face-lift or change but the mini suv has hold a good grip over the segment buyers. Though the car is facing a hard hit since the first day of launch of Maruti Suzuki Brezza but still its a better overall package.
Titanium and titanium+ editions now provide the buyers with touch infotainment display along with cruise control in platinum edition levels competition to ZDI+ variant of brezza. Definitely the sales figure of Brezza will way too higher but we know why it is so(Suzuki S on the nose).
Both Brezza and Ecosport come with basic safety kit but solid build(one can experience it just by opening and closing doors and hood)of Ecosport put it a step ahead. Well controlled NVH levels make it a better cabin to be in. Drive ability and handling is upto Ford's mark and are better in comparison to brezza. Ambient and trend models of Ecosport is still well stocked for the price than Brezza's LDI and VDI trims.
4 years in the market but still the mini beast is able to keep up with present day ergonomics and looks. Dashboard is a bit dated now but still well organised(once you learn the use of lot many buttons on center console). Thick A pillar hamper the visibility but one can get used with routine driving(it may take a while). Ecosport is fun to drive car in cities and extended weekend trips to highways and countryside with a noticeable road presence and an alien design form http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif. The Engines on offer are also quite good with promising on paper performance but the taking a ride over is best way to check what suits you.
Rest, expecting Scorpio and Safari like offroad ability for these and judging the cars over their platform(comparative) is not justified.
Have a good day, drive safe and responsibly.
Old 19th April 2017, 01:09   #149
BHPian

Hi fellas, Life has suddenly given me an opportunity to upgrade my car and I am looking to get one at least by June end max.

Currently I own a celerio amt vxi model that just completed 25000 kms in 18 months of ownership. Looking to upgrade to a diesel : ecosport and brezza in contention. Now my budget is constrained at 9 lacs extendable by 50k only. Want a car to have 2 airbags and abs this time for sure. So inspite of knowing that ecosport is better, the entry variants do not have abs. I am gunning for brezza ldi(o) variant which has airbags and abs.

Not fussy about cosmetics that make the upper variants costlier. Need urgent help from you guys. What to do?
As with celerio, car would have a good run hence need diesel. SUV 'ish stance needed, want a planted car and not a a light boat. Spoil sport with brezza is waiting period.
Old 20th April 2017, 13:23   #150
BHPian

Race against time: 90 days before 6000 km trip. New car needed.

Hi All, life doesn't always give such an opportunity when you convince your wife successfully to go on a 6000 km road trip and also buy a new car, when your existing one is only 18 months old.

Well I am somehow in that position and with only 90 days in hand, I am in a deep fix.

Background:
Circa 2015: I got my new job and me and my wife were united after having to stay away for 4.5 years due to our jobs. Time came to buy our first car and I booked a Jazz SV CVT. But as time would not have it, we had to cancel that booking and booked a Celerio VXI AMT. To be honest, how much ever I was excited to get my fast car, there was always that itch of not able to buy what I wanted.

18 months later, Celerio is my beloved, easy to drive, comfortable seating position (I have had rear passengers praising it against bigger and better cars) and a reliable engine. The AMT gearbox has been a boon in the worst of Bangalore traffic. 18 months later, the ODO stands at 25500 kms

Yes you read it right, 25500 kms in 18 months on a petrol auto budget hatchback. Now you know that I love driving.

New Dilemma:
Circumstances changed and we knew that we will be in bangalore for sometime now ( other plans being shelved). And then thanks to my job that gives me a mandatory 2 weeks leave, I convinced my wife to drive all the way to Dehradun (my hometown) and then to other places from there. 6000 km planned on paper. I did some maths and I was stung by the petrol bill.
Then a lot of back calculations later, I realized the amount of money I will pay additionally to fuel my travels in the next 2 years can actually fund an upgrade. I have always felt Celerio's limitation for the many highway runs I do. So as they say, "numbers speak for themselves", I told wifey the equation, and she agreed.... (was it the numbers or me to credit)

The driving vacation starts on 21st July, 90 days from now.

Upgrade requirements:
1. Larger engine, cruising capabilities.
2. SUV'ish stance preferred ( read ground clearance)
3. Primary occupants will be 2, occasionally 4 adults and very rarely 5.
4. Diesel for sure as it will munch kms for breakfast lunch and dinner.
5. Safety: 2 airbags must. ABS needed.
6. Hopefully will be in my stable for 5-6 years, so not really concerned for the resale value.
7. Budget: wanted it to be 9.5, extending it to 10, convince me for 10.5 lacs.

Shortlists as of now:

1. ECOSPORT
Love the handling and the build quality. Still looks great and the wheel at the tailgate makes it look butch.
Affordability an issue. Only Trend TDCI in my current budget. Ambiente doesn't have ABS.

2. BREZZA
Affordable and a Maruti. Balanced package and is new as an offering.
Nothing great yet nothing bad.
Affordability for VDI(O).
Big Con: 21 weeks waiting period. Can't meet my 90 day deadline.

3. Don't really want to consider anything else. But, convince me and I am in.

Leave it to the intellect of this forum to help me get through this dilemma.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks