Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 237 30.54%
Ford EcoSport 466 60.05%
Mahindra TUV300 73 9.41%
Voters: 776. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2017, 21:32   #181
BHPian

Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Friends, after 94000 kms on my 6 year old Figo Tdi Titanium I have cecided to upgrade and short listed Eco sport and Vitara Brezza but unable to decide on one. My ride mix will be 70 % city drive and 30 % highway drive and will be self driven. Please advise a suitable vehicle. Thanks in advance.
I had the same dilemma, but zeroed on the ES Trend+ for the build quality, dynamics and styling. Post the TD my two cents:

1. ES - Great build quality, stiffer suspension, great driving dynamics. Interiors are to my taste. Feels good to drive, is powerful enough and everything just falls in place nicely. The only miss is the absence of even the smaller screen in Trend+. Looks like built to last.

2. Brezza - Great "Maruti" Package for the Indian customer. Build quality is not at par to ES and driving dynamics are not in the same lines. But, it is a good and a no nonsense vehicle in its own right. All black interiors are great but make it look claustrophobic. But the wide body and thinner door pads means you will have a much larger shoulder room. Equipment wise, strictly limit to ZDI/ZDI+ variants.
Old 14th May 2017, 19:54   #182
BHPian

Hi Tbhpians, elated and excited to announce the arrival of the Martian, my mars red ECOSPORT TDCI trend plus today. Waiting to pen down the story of ownership soon.

Many thanks to TBHP for being this wonderful community and special thanks to @ecosport rules for the bible like thread on the beauty.

The MARTIAN getting the blessings of the almighty.

Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300-imageuploadedbyteambhp1494771782.179395.jpg
Old 14th May 2017, 20:30   #183
BHPian

I voted for the ecosport, since:
1. I have driven the ecosport and the brezza. The former has a better driveability, better build quality, and better ride comfort.
2. The demaneaour of the Ford showroom staff was surprisingly better.
3. The TUV 300 has a 3 cylinder engine.
Old 7th June 2017, 20:03   #184

My vote goes for EcoSport.

In today's days safety is the foremost concern with the increasing number of accidents. The EcoSport is the only car which excel among its competitors in safety with up-to 6 airbags, 4 stars in safety and Emergency call Assist which could be a life saver in case of an accident.

The 1.5 TDCi and the 1.0 EcoBoost is great in terms of overall performance and refinement among its competitors and offers a good value for money.

It has a great build quality, feels solid.

The Ford EcoSport's Ride and Handling, which is better among its competitors.

The Interior quality and general fit and finish is also better in EcoSport's.
Old 4th July 2017, 23:24   #185
BHPian

I'd be in the market for a new car by the end of this year if everything goes as planned and this is precisely the space I'm looking at! The contenders in my mind as of now is the Vitara, Ecosport and the upcoming Nexon.

I've driven both these cars for considerable distances and felt the Vitara to be better suited to my needs.

Advantages of the Vitara (in this order):
1. Commanding driving position like a proper SUV. You would be able to see the bonnet's ends.
2. Plusher ride than the Ecosport.
3. Cruise Control
4. Maruti's economic and reliable ASS. (My friend is quite unhappy with Cauvery Ford here in Bangalore, despite the Ecosport being his second Ford)

Advantages of the Ecosport:
1. Better steering feel and handling characteristics
2. Safety features
3. Modern and stylish interiors compared to the Vitara

Disadvantages of the Ecosport:
1. Narrow cabin, high window line and black interiors make passangers feel claustrophobic.
2. Calling the A piller "Thick" would be an understatement. Hinders visibility especially at junctions.

Let's see what the Nexon has to offer!
Old 5th July 2017, 07:25   #186
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I'd be in the market for a new car by the end of this year if everything goes as planned and this is precisely the space I'm looking at! The contenders in my mind as of now is the Vitara, Ecosport and the upcoming Nexon.
I am in the same position as you. But I am not considering the Nexon, since I don't want to plonk my money on a Tata car.

I am expecting the Vitara Brezza to be launched with 1.0L Boosterjet Engine! Is it happening anytime soon?

How is the performance of the 1.0L Eco Boost engine? Is it refined and trouble free?
Old 5th July 2017, 10:45   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I am in the same position as you. But I am not considering the Nexon, since I don't want to plonk my money on a Tata car.
I'd want to give it a shot as the new-gen Tata products are well engineered. I was impressed with the Hexa.

Quote:
I am expecting the Vitara Brezza to be launched with 1.0L Boosterjet Engine! Is it happening anytime soon?
That's a million dollar question!
However, I feel that MSIL would plonk the 1.5P (being developed for Ciaz) in the Brezza. Firstly, that should keep the costs low (Booster-jet is a CBU) and any 1L Turbo-charged engine would suffer from Turbo-lag, especially for a vehicle of this size and weight. If this speculation is true, I guess the petrol engine might not exactly be around the corner.

Quote:
How is the performance of the 1.0L Eco Boost engine? Is it refined and trouble free?
Below post by arunphilip sums it up!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4027667

Last edited by nerd1200 : 5th July 2017 at 10:47.
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 08:21   #188
BANNED

A friend is in a pretty similar dilemma but for an AT mini/pseudo SUV.

He currently drives a Brio which is his first car for the past 4-5 years. While the car has served him well, its underpowered engine, relatively low GC and tinny build have prompted him to upgrade.

The list of requirements is pretty simple:
  1. HAS to be an AT since he drives in peak hour Bangalore traffic in and around the worst possible areas of Whitefield and Sarjapur every day.
  2. Build quality both inside and out needs to be robust. The Brio's bumpers come out of their locks even if a bicycle hits it at pedestrian speeds.
  3. A mini SUV due to its GC advantage.
  4. OTR price ex-Bangalore not exceeding 15 lac INR.
  5. Can be a petrol or a diesel.
  6. Interior space is NOT a constraint.
  7. Can be a pre-owned or a new vehicle.

Suggestions eagerly looked forward to.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2017 at 07:45. Reason: Numbering error
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:50   #189
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
I went through every review available on the internet on the Nexon. It is no doubt a very good car and is definitely a very good buy.

However, after a lot of heart (Vento 1.2 TSI Highline+) Vs. mind (Brezza 1.3 DDIS ZDI+ or S-Cross Zeta) battles, have given up to my mind.

Will very soon test drive both Brezza and S-Cross in the next few days and take a call.
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:29   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

He currently drives a Brio which is his first car for the past 4-5 years. While the car has served him well, its underpowered engine, relatively low GC and tinny build have prompted him to upgrade.

1. HAS to be an AT since he drives in peak hour Bangalore traffic in and around the worst possible areas of Whitefield and Sarjapur every day.
  2. Build quality both inside and out needs to be robust. The Brio's bumpers come out of their locks even if a bicycle hits it at pedestrian speeds.
  3. A mini SUV due to its GC advantage.
  4. OTR price ex-Bangalore not exceeding 15 lac INR.
  5. Can be a petrol or a diesel.
  6. Interior space is NOT a constraint.
  7. Can be a pre-owned or a new vehicle.

Suggestions eagerly looked forward to.
Hello.
Ford Ecosport 1.5 Ti VCT looks perfect given the budget and the requirements of your friend but also note that a facelift version is just around the corner.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2017 at 07:45. Reason: Quoted text edited
Akib Khan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Ask him to check out the Ecosport. It should meet all requirements.

Duster and Creta (Petrol and Diesel) are good cars too, but will mostly be out of budget.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 12:03   #192
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Will very soon test drive both Brezza and S-Cross in the next few days and take a call.
OMG. The 1.3 Multi-jet is a engine which is louder than that of a tractor. It felt coarse and strained. Both the Brezza and the S-Cross suffer from huge turbo lag and require effort (read as frequent gear changes) to keep them above 1750rpm consistently.

It's no fun considering the fact that even at highway speeds, every time you slow down, you have to work the gear box to get back to 100 KMPH. This is no fun. I got tired of this consistent working of the gearbox. Add to this the lackluster build quality of Suzuki (more so in Brezza) and I came out disappointed.

I could not convince myself in plonking 1.2 million rupees either in S-Cross or Brezza. Add to this the lousy showroom experience in regular MSIL Showroom as well as Nexa Showroom. It felt like a fish market.

Which Car? It's most likely going to be the New Verna!
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 16:27   #193
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2018 at 08:46.
LongDrive lover is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd August 2019, 16:15   #194
BHPian

Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Folks, i am planning to upgrade my Santro to the Compact SUV segment - either Ford Ecosport or Honda WRV and need your guidance for me to make a decision, as i am

My evaluation is based on the following:

1. Looking for Petrol variant - Ford Ecosport Titanium - Manual / Honda WR-V
2. Usage is predominantly within bangalore city and long drives, during the long week ends , once in a while inter state - 2/3 times in a year.
3. Family of just 3. So no issues with the space offered by both the OEM's. Will have extended family once in a while, so can be managed
4. My parking space is limited , hence i can accommodate only sub 4 mtrs vehicle.

Test drive observation -

1. Both seems to be Ok with Honda WRV, slightly lagging in the pick up segment. Honda is 1.2 L engine Vs 1.5 Ecosport and hence more power in Ecosport.
2. Better ground clearance with Ecosport 200 mm Vs WRV 188mm
3. Honda WRV doesn't offer Keyless entry in the top end variant - VX-MT, but offers sunroof and others - ample leg space and boot space
4. Limited features with Honda connect and nothing with Ecosport, not sure about SYNC3 (any one has experience with it. Please suggest )
5. City use mileage is claimed by both are more less +/- 1 to 2
6. ORVM is auto from inside the car in WRV, while power operated in Ecosport
7. Budget wise both are more or less same in the Titanium Vs VX-MT catergory.

Over all its a mixed bag between the both and hence need expert suggestion / opinion and personal experience of both. Request your inputs as I plan to take a call in the next 1 week.

Admin - Incase if there is a similar thread available, please link this to the same.

Last edited by SmartCat : 3rd August 2019 at 16:49. Reason: Minor typos/ formatting
kalaks2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:48   #195
BHPian

Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

wake me up from sleep, ask me this question any number of times, I would select the 1.5 Dragon both eyes closed.
Thermodynamics is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks