Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 233 30.38%
Ford EcoSport 461 60.10%
Mahindra TUV300 73 9.52%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:57   #196
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 142
Thanked: 64 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Any day it will be Ecosport. Apart from features, I find Ecosport gives good driving sitting position and feel of inside a tank. Personally, I don't like WRV because of plastic use all around the body.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:11   #197
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,368
Thanked: 10,771 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

I have driven the diesel version of both the cars.

The Ecosport was more connected to the driver, while the WRV offered more space.

As you are looking for a petrol, the Ecosport is the way to go. The 1.2L petrol engine on the WRV is under-powered, whereas the Ecosport gets the lovely 1.5L Dragon engine.

Last edited by Samba : 3rd August 2019 at 18:14.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:36   #198
BHPian
 
Abby92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: new delhi
Posts: 25
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
Folks, i am planning to upgrade my Santro to the Compact SUV segment - either Ford Ecosport or Honda WRV and need your guidance for me to make a decision, as i am
Since you’ve mentioned petrol, Ecosport indeed has an edge over WRV with that beautiful 1.5 dragon series engine. Moreover WRV looks more like a pseudo-crossover not a compact SUV in terms of its road presence. Regardless choose wisely, good luck

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2019 at 21:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
Abby92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 22:28   #199
BHPian
 
kalaks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
wake me up from sleep, ask me this question any number of times, I would select the 1.5 Dragon both eyes closed.
Wow! Amazing! I can understand the influence of the 1.5 Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I have driven the diesel version of both the cars.

The Ecosport was more connected to the driver, while the WRV offered more space.

As you are looking for a petrol, the Ecosport is the way to go. The 1.2L petrol engine on the WRV is under-powered, whereas the Ecosport gets the lovely 1.5L Dragon engine.
Agree Samba. The dilemma was because one has a must have a feature, as a mix n match. So wanted to hear from the existing owners.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby92 View Post
Since you’ve mentioned petrol, Ecosport indeed has an edge over WRV with that beautiful 1.5 dragon series engine. Moreover WRV looks more like a pseudo-crossover not a compact SUV in terms of its road presence. Regardless choose wisely, good luck
Abby, my use is mostly city drive and very limited long drive, and hence the choice of Petrol. I could feel that lag in WR-V, but that set aside, some owners were saying that when you are down to 2nd gear and push up further, the acceleration is better.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th August 2019 at 19:54. Reason: Dotty post, SMS language, punctuation.
kalaks2000 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 00:59   #200
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore,Coorg
Posts: 953
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

I have a Ford Fiesta and bought my parents one last year, so by all accounts I should definitely tell you to go for the Ecosport. The one, and big concern, is maintenance/future. Ford is seriously evaluating their future in India, with a JV the most likely possibility. Service has definitely improved over the last couple of years, but the risk of them semi-withdrawing from the market is what makes me recommend the WRV. In most respects the Ecosport is a better vehicle. However, the one thing I would seriously consider checking is back seat comfort. I know the Ecosport is fairly uncomfortable at the back as a cousin owns it
pganapathy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 02:05   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,673
Thanked: 3,792 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Safety (weight / airbags) say Ecosport.Ecosport is heavier / better built than the Yaris / City etc. You never know when you need that safety.



Else the WRV is a spacious sensible choice.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 06:03   #202
BHPian
 
Raj_RD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 28
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

The 1.5 dragon is anyday better than the 1.2 vtec, and the EcoSport also has heavier sheet metal. However the Wrv offers more space in the back.
Any reason for not considering Nexon?
Raj_RD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 08:48   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 1,458
Thanked: 3,855 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
4. My parking space is limited , hence i can accommodate only sub 4 mtrs vehicle.
I would any day recommend the Ecosport as it is the better car. Also, there is nothing to worry regarding the service aspect. I have an Aspire for the last 4 years and their support has been exemplary - and cheap. Cheaper than my Alto. They also don't have any plans of quitting in the near future.

Honda on the other hand, has lost its interest in India. All they products seem uninspiring and dull. Service is expensive and sales team disinterested (at least in my town).

BUT, the Ecosport is not a sub 4-meter car - the spare wheel is an extension. So please consider that while buying.

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 09:28   #204
BHPian
 
kalaks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

@pganapathy - yes back comfort is not great, but i will use to full capacity once in a while..so not a worry for me..service is key and heard they have improved now.


@Phamilyman - Safety / comfort is very important..

@Raj_RD - agree...my only pull is ample amount of leg room in the front as well..Nexon is a bit wide, so had a parking challenge ( in & out ) in my apartment...and dropped.


@Samaspire - got it...the spare wheel extension is OK..don't have a challenge for now. On the service / cost front, the ford SA was mentioning that they are better compared to Maruti now a days, as they have local mfg / sourcing of the spare parts
kalaks2000 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 10:01   #205
BHPian
 
ranjitnair77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 554 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post

Usage is predominantly within bangalore city and long drives, during the long week ends , once in a while inter state - 2/3 times in a year.
Since you are in the city that gives new meaning to the term traffic jams, shouldn't an Automatic Transmission be the first choice? Yes, I understand all the talk around mileage and sluggishness and fun-to-drive but all of that is irrelevant in mostly city driving conditions where peace of mind is paramount.

The Ecosport Titanium+ AT would be my choice. It's worth the stretch if it is over your budget.
ranjitnair77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 13:20   #206
BHPian
 
kalaks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

@ranitnair77 -agree with you, but will miss the fun of the drive. secondly, budget stretch and mileage return for the same.
kalaks2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 21:06   #207
BHPian
 
kalaks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Any day it will be Ecosport. Apart from features, I find Ecosport gives good driving sitting position and feel of inside a tank. Personally, I don't like WRV because of plastic use all around the body.
@Manish_symc - when you say plastic all around the body, what are you referring to here..
kalaks2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 09:39   #208
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 142
Thanked: 64 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Pls suggest - Ford Ecosport vs Honda WRV - Which is a good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
@Manish_symc - when you say plastic all around the body, what are you referring to here..
I was talking about plastic cladding all around to give SUV look to the car.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 12:47   #209
BHPian
 
ranjitnair77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 554 Times
Default Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
@ranitnair77 -agree with you, but will miss the fun of the drive. secondly, budget stretch and mileage return for the same.
Let's assume that you keep the car for 5 years and run it for 100,000kms in that period. Let's also assume that the mileage for the AT is 8kmpl and the manual is 11kmpl in the city and the price of petrol will average out to 80rs/liter. Quick back of the envelope calculations tell us that the running costs for the AT will be Rs. 27300 more. That works out to Rs. 455 a month more. That's two coffees at Starbucks . Surely the mileage point is moot given the convenience.

The DCT has paddle shifts so you can shift away manually if you wish. The shifting of the DCT is pretty good. So the fun of the drive point is tenuous at best.

The real issue here is the budget stretch. Again if you intend to keep the car for a long time, it's always nice to get the top-of-the-line model. This is exactly the thought process I followed when I bought a top end Verna AT last year. And Pune traffic is nowhere near as bad as Bangalore. I cannot imagine driving a manual through your traffic.

All the best for your decision and buying process.
ranjitnair77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 17:09   #210
BHPian
 
kalaks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Let's assume that you keep the car for 5 years and run it for 100,000kms in that period. Let's also assume that the mileage for the AT is 8kmpl and the manual is 11kmpl in the city and the price of petrol will average out to 80rs/liter. Quick back of the envelope calculations tell us that the running costs for the AT will be Rs. 27300 more. That works out to Rs. 455 a month more. That's two coffees at Starbucks . Surely the mileage point is moot given the convenience.

The DCT has paddle shifts so you can shift away manually if you wish. The shifting of the DCT is pretty good. So the fun of the drive point is tenuous at best.

The real issue here is the budget stretch. Again if you intend to keep the car for a long time, it's always nice to get the top-of-the-line model. This is exactly the thought process I followed when I bought a top end Verna AT last year. And Pune traffic is nowhere near as bad as Bangalore. I cannot imagine driving a manual through your traffic.

All the best for your decision and buying process.
@ranjitnair - In todays scenario with the technology getting obsolete fast, don't intend to keep the car for more than 5 years. Next 5 yrs will see EV taking the center stage with a bunch of new offerings in the mkt. So mentally not able to spend that initial 2.7 lacs addl now. Agree that the fuel spend is a narrow margin.
kalaks2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review Tushar Official New Car Reviews 1609 4th December 2019 19:54
ICE upgrades for the Maruti Vitara Brezza anycatd In-Car Entertainment 31 1st December 2016 12:09
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 1121 10th April 2016 14:49
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 635 3rd February 2016 15:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks