Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 233 30.38%
Ford EcoSport 461 60.10%
Mahindra TUV300 73 9.52%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th August 2019, 13:05   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

Team BHPians - tried to download the PDI checklist file, looks like its corrupted and not available to download / open. can some one share the same. Also what would be an acceptable MFG date of the new vehicle, when i opt for one.

The other feedback with ref to Ford Ecosport is that the clutch has a hard play, has any one experienced this. is this something common or it can be corrected or how. Appreciate information around this
kalaks2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 23:00   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
Team BHPians - tried to download the PDI checklist file, looks like its corrupted and not available to download / open. can some one share the same. Also what would be an acceptable MFG date of the new vehicle, when i opt for one.

The other feedback with ref to Ford Ecosport is that the clutch has a hard play, has any one experienced this. is this something common or it can be corrected or how. Appreciate information around this
@normally_crazy , @GTO - Could you pls help with the PDI check list file. The one here seems to be corrupted and doesn't open. get a error message - Team BHP - checklist - 2 - its not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post

@Thermodynamics, @Samba, @Abby92 - Would like to hear your views on the clutch play.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th August 2019 at 06:09. Reason: Back to back posts
kalaks2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 09:00   #213
BHPian

Things I checked were Date or Manufacture, Age of car sitting in the yard, any damage exterior, age of tyres, engine and chassis number, odometer reading and a quick visual inspection of the engine area. It was easier for me as the car was manufactured 2 weeks prior to my PDI.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 20:18   #214

My vote goes to Ford. Being a pioneer in making big SUVs, their stance with the EcoSport is one that has stood the test of time with the segment getting crowded by the minute.
The Brezza although might appeal to the "value for money" buyers in the country, it does try very little.
The TUV300 is too many things but not a competition in this category.
aashiqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 10:24   #215
BHPian

I understand that the Ecosport is a time tested player in this field. But given the stance of the new stake holders in the same range, and with rumours that present model of Ecosport is due for replacement with the next gen, few questions that came up in my mind. 1. Is the Ecosport still a VFM proposition? 2. Losing ground to newer models is due to people's craze for frills rather than quality? 3. Is it still the enthusiast's choice. 4. If not Ecosport then logically what?
I ask these questions not for mere posting, but standing at a juncture where I've sold my Honda City and planning to buy a vehicle with go (almost) anywhere capability. Prime requirements are few: 1. Sub 4 metre 2. Petrol 3. High ground clearance 4. Adequate for 2 adults and 2 children 5. Android Auto and cruise control preferable. 6. No sunroof
Will be thankful to honourable members kindly replying to these queries.
aviator1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 11:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Prime requirements are few: 1. Sub 4 metre 2. Petrol 3. High ground clearance.
Would suggest you wait till the BS6 petrol version with the M&M sourced 1.2 turbopetrol is launched.

If you need a car immediately, then the 1.5 dragon engine , hopefully with some good discounts.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote