Team-BHP - Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/175028-poll-maruti-vitara-brezza-vs-ford-ecosport-vs-mahindra-tuv300-2.html)

Out of these 3, my pick is Ford Ecosport. Sharper to drive, has a character of its own and with the dropped prices it's even more appealing. Also, its not a made for India contraption, it is being sold in first world countries as well.

My vote (after lots of deliberations between EcoSport and Brezza) goes to EcoSport.

Rejecting TUV300 was so easy because of its looks.

The primary reason for me to reject Brezza (might sound silly to a few) was its usage of the outdated steering, power-window switches and the plastics. We have been seeing the same since ~2005? Why don't they enliven its interiors with better grade?

EcoSport, though is 3+ year old, still looks trendy. The only downside is its narrow rear-bench. But, this one negative is suitably compensated by the other big positives viz., build quality, features and gizmos.

Cheers!

P.S: When I was in market for a new car a couple of months back, I had rejected EcoSport because of the aforementioned negative and the fact that it is 3+ year old. If you ask me now, I will again straightforward reject Brezza too. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3952761)
Also, its not a made for India contraption, it is being sold in first world countries as well.

I would refrain from using the word contraption, but the Ecosport sold in the first world countries is considered to be something similar. Some magazines go as far to say that Ecosport is proof that companies like Ford can also goof up with respect to cars. :D

Not to mention the rumour that the Ecosport sold in first world countries had to undergo big structural changes compared to the one sold here.

Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300-ford_ecosport.jpg

My vote is for Brezza. I've been a Maruti fan, not because of their cars but because of the service offered. Moreover, if I have to vote amongst these 3, i'll have to look at all aspects before voting.

What made me not to vote for Ecosport is a comparatively new dealership and a strict 4 seater. Indeed it has best safety features but when it comes down to peace of mind, Maruti scores.

I never lIked the TUV3OO nor I want to take my car for service to Gaya (150KMS) just for peace of mind. The local guy is just not worth a mention.

Voted for EcoSport - Reasons:
1. Futuristic Looks
2. 1.5L Diesel is more fun to drive than the 1.3L Diesel that is used also in several other hatchbacks.
3. Multiple petrol variants available : 1.5L Manual , 1.5L DCT Automatic, 1.0L EcoBoost!
4. American Build - available at very competitive prices!
5. It cannot be mixed up as any other car. Vitara Brezza on the other hand, can easily be mistaken as another Swift / Ertiga / S-Cross (unless we buy the dual tone colours)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3952770)
I've been a Maruti fan, not because of their cars but because of the service offered. Moreover, if I have to vote amongst these 3, i'll have to look at all aspects before voting.

I really do not know if you have had the first hand experience of other manufacturers in the service area but Ford isn't bad. I experienced Ford's service & pro-activeness at lots of places and would rate them on par with Maruti.

Try getting the same level of attention from any other Maruti service :)

I have just come back from a newly opened service outlet of Ford here, there were two issues

# An Aspire Titanium + was having issues in opening of its fuel cap. Was attended to without any questions and water as well soda drinks were brought to us for the short 5 minute duration

# A friend's EcoSport had a broken windshield and a damaged bumper. The workmanship was exemplary. didn't look as if the car was painted.

On the contrary, I am wary to go to ASC's having large no of cars, like Mahindra or Maruti. The personalized attention level is missing.

Going against the grain here.
Voted for the TUV 300.
If I were in the market for an abuse friendly SUV for the road (Off road is a different matter, I'd take a Thar any day) I would buy the TUV 300 (somehow I like the looks and the old school charm of the Mahindra).
The Vitara Brezza though a very good car, just doesn't float my boat and I don't particularly like the Ecosport except for the safety features it has.

Slightly OT but I'd take an S-Cross over all the 3 above if I had a requirement to buy a car now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudeep11787 (Post 3952638)
My vote goes to TUV for raw low end performance and built. A 3 cyl diesel, 1.5 tonne weight, lot of body roll makes TUV logically worst as compared to other 2 but somehow I loved driving it.

It's easy to understand why - the TUV300 has oldschool body-on-frame character & appeal :D. The others just feel like a regular hatchback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3952855)
I really do not know if you have had the first hand experience of other manufacturers in the service area but Ford isn't bad.

All brands have good dealers & bad dealers. However, with a Maruti, the odds of getting a bad dealer experience are lower as they have a strong monitoring system. The average joe has a greater possibility of a positive experience at a Maruti dealership than any other.

Back to the poll, my vote is for the EcoSport. Reason:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3949391)
Equally, while the Vitara Brezza is a competent Maruti, my pick would be the EcoSport. The EcoSport has solid build quality, noticeably more so than the Brezza. In terms of equipment, I get 6 Airbags, telescopic steering adjustment, better sound quality from the ICE, more supportive leather seats...(these are important to me). The EcoSport's diesel offers superior driveability & refinement. Petrol or AT is a no-brainer as the Vitara Brezza doesn't have either. Period. The American also holds the handling advantage (although the Maruti is good and doesn't leave any room for complaints).

The Vitara Brezza rides better, offers more room at the back & has the trustworthy Maruti support network. It's probably a better product for the mass market. Those who know their cars though might be pulled in the direction of the Ford whose depth of engineering simply feels richer.

Guys just imagine a scenario where Ecosport is made my Maruti Suzuki, how do you rate the product now?
I bet Ford would have not dared to get the a brezza into the market or it would have been another Fiesta.

All I am saying is that Ecosport is a better product and Maruti is a better brand

:OT but I feel the Suzuki S cross 1.6 is better of the lot for a marginally higher price

Of all three, my vote would definitely go for Ford Ecosport. The reasons are following
1. I do not owe any loyalty to maruti. They do not pay me any royalty that generations over generation should go and own a maruti only. With an ever evident cost cutting, they are already losing customer base.

2. Gone are the days when maruti service used to cheap. A paid service at a normal service centre for any car starting from alto to Ciaz and now Breeza ranges between 7000-12000. Minor service costing Rs. 8000 & Major going upto 12000. This is without the use of any synthetic oil or any special treatment to your vehicle. Requesting other members to suggest if there is a Maruti haters club. Would love to join it.

3. Would like to have a car which is more fun to drive and Ford ecosport ticks in most of places with a raised stance and more powerful engine. Secondly, American cars feel as if they are solidly built. Things do not fall apart as in maruti which is a name synonymous with rattles and squeaks.

Having said all this, i have not experienced Ford service but am sure that it would be similar to what GM gives.

Voted for the Ecosport as it has a design that has aged well, drives and handles better than the other 2 & offers more engine options. TUV design never grew on me and the vehicle is crude, while the Brezza looks more SUVish, but is just not exciting IMHO. Competitive enough though.

I voted for Ecosport primarily for the following reasons.

- Looks better and has better road presence (personal opinion)
- Excellent drive-ability in lower gears. Super easy to drive in traffic.
- Build quality feels superior to Brezza
- Better fit and finish of the interiors in the top variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3952949)
but I feel the Suzuki S cross 1.6 is better of the lot for a marginally higher price

Marginally higher price?
The ZDI+ variant (highest) of the Vitara Brezza is 994826 (ex-showroom, Bangalore) while the Delta variant (lowest) of S-Cross DDiS 320 Delta is 1065830. I wouldn't consider it a marginal increase especially when the two cars fall in different tax segments which will further widen the gap in on-road price. The three cars mentioned in this thread are an even match when it comes to pricing. If you have to pull S-Cross into the equation, we need to consider Duster/Terrano, lower variants of the XUV500, Creta etc.

For me, in this lot, it's the EcoSport. As an overall package, I think EcoSport gives the maximum bang for the buck.

I have voted for the TUV because somehow I like the looks. It looks like a "compact SUV" and not a hatchback on steroids which I feel is the case with Brezza and EcoSport.

Having said that... would I buy one? Answer is no. In fact I would not buy either of these cars and go for the biggest hatchback, i.e. DDIS320 S-Cross!

I own an Ecosport. My vote went for the Ecosport. Really; not because I own one. Because the updated Ecosport is feature rich.
But as an owner/customer, I feel Ford has taken people like me for a big ride. In the context of the price reduction, Ford should upgrade the older versions at subsidised rates.
I don't expect Ford will emulate Maruti. (la S-Cross)