Team-BHP - Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/175028-poll-maruti-vitara-brezza-vs-ford-ecosport-vs-mahindra-tuv300-5.html)

My vote for the brezza!

I really liked the way car looks in flesh and the car get's fun to drive when you hit the midrange. Well, initially I was in the market for ecosport, it was really sad with the way they responded and I was very unhappy with the dealership (Lathangi - J.P nagar) which was a few mts away from my home. I went all the way to marthalli to pick a test drive and found it to be claustrophobic, but a sweet ride. However, it did not feel VFM and I pushed the purchase for a while. I came back impressed with brezza and post the price correction of ecosport, it makes a lot of sense.
But, I was sold to brezza and even though the price cuts have really helped ecosport's case, I would still end up picking a brezza. Simple battle between mind and heart. My mind is with ecosport but the heart picks a brezza!

PS: Price cut from ford is a win win situation. Neither can ford take it's customer for a ride nor can MSIL bump their prices calling the existing ones as introductory!

Quite an easy poll. Ecosport is clearly the better of the three, followed by Brezza. Ecosport has got the best engine with lesser lag, better refinement and good fuel efficiency. Ecosport has also got the best dynamics and safety. Ownership costs are also low. Only downside is the tight interior space.

Voted for the ecosport. Though as people have rightly said, when it comes to these three particular cars, there is nothing much between them to differentiate one over the other conclusively. Yes, one may have better features than others, or better suited to certain kind of driving, yet it's primarily what appeals to the buyer. Nothing else. All three in my opinion offer great value for money in their own respective ways.

Having to choose one out of the three though, I was equally torn between TUV300 and Ecosport. TUV primarily because of its ruggedness, and Ecosport owing primarily to its build quality. Brezza is out for me at least as it seems a compromise, lack of an AMT further did not help its case.

Ford Ecosport after the price cut is impossible to ignore at that price and would be my pick. Brezza is a great product and you won't go wrong with it TUV300 if you are looking to drive mostly in city conditions where it's low end torque can be put to best use because overtaking is a major hazard and requires a lot of planning on highways on the TUV300.

I would not vote for any of these as in my opinion, the S cross 200 is probably the best bang for the buck if I think in layman terms i.e maximum space, decent boot, good FE, urban ride & handling with almost all modern creature comforts.

Ecosport - Great build, high on safety, beautiful engine & handling but at ~11.8L OTR Bangalore, it does not come with Cruise control! The S Cross 1.3 Zeta seems a better option

Vitara Brezza - I haven’t TDed the car & hence will not comment on ride & handling but I think the biggest plus is the national engine & its styling (though I prefer rugged over sleek :D). But interior space, plastics and all the other borrowed parts make this a very "maruti ki gaddi" for me and again, I would rather invest in an S cross over the Brezza ZDI at ~10.5L OTR Bangalore

TUV 300 - After driving the Tank for 7.5K kms in the last few months, I would say that this is a perfect fit for large families in crowded cities(typically travel with 4 adults + kids and need boot/luggage space). The major drawbacks would be boxy styling, low FE & its ability to do high speeds (i.e consistently maintain 120+ kmph speeds on 4/6L highways)

Quote:

Originally Posted by needforspeed88 (Post 3953776)
you won't go wrong with it TUV300 if you are looking to drive mostly in city conditions where it's low end torque can be put to best use because overtaking is a major hazard and requires a lot of planning on highways on the TUV300.

Disagree. The torque helps in pulling off those quick overtakes even on 2 lane ghat sections where you have truck/bus traffic on both sides. What matters more is the man behind the wheel & not just the machine. Even on 4/6L highways, the tank is steady as a rock and you can easily manoeuvre across lanes at 120 kmph speeds.

Voted for Brezza.

My current ride is 5 year old Wagon R and Upgrade to Brezza seems to be a logical move . May be I am biased towards Maruti based on my ownership. Having said that Ecosport is worthy competitor after price cuts.

I am in market for car under 10 lakhs ex-showroom and both Brezza and Ecosport are likely candidates and best part is, I can go for top end model .

I am listing my own criteria which tilted my vote in favour of Brezza.

Reasons to choose Ecosport over Brezza:
  1. Higher capacity Engine means turbo lag wont be big issue.
  2. Better all round safety features .

Reasons to choose Brezza Over Ecosport
  1. Brand Maruti and after sales service is big factor.
  2. Touch screen infotainment system with Android Auto and Reverse Parking camera.
  3. Cruise control useful for highway runs.
  4. In general Ecosport is better looking car but dual tone Red and Black Brezza won my heart.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3953810)
I would not vote for any of these as in my opinion, the S cross 200 is probably the best bang for the buck if I think in layman terms i.e maximum space, decent boot, good FE, urban ride & handling with almost all modern creature comforts.

Agree and for this reason, with budget around 10 Lakhs ex-showroom, I might even consider Zeta 1.3 S-Cross which comes out as overall better car compared to Ecosport and Brezza.

Now eagerly waiting for discount season hoping S-Cross Alpha is available under 1 Million rupees ex-showroom mark, and in that case I would blindly seal the deal.

My vote on this would be for the Vitara Brezza. Reason is simple : peace of mind post the purchase - less niggles (as in any suzuki),superior after sales service and the reach of after sales service.

EcoSport could be a better vehicle technically, build and interior design wise but I doubt if Ford can match, leave alone better, the after sales experience of Suzuki.

I just wish EcoSport was sold by Suzuki, then it would have become a no-contest among these three.lol:

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Brezza for me. Looks good. Drives nice and 11.2 on road in Trivandrum for top end is super value. Love yellow and white combo.

Voted For Ecosport.
Brezza is great, but not as good as Ecosport when it comes to driving in city where most of these "Compact SUV" are likely to spend maximum time.

The biggest disadvantage of Brezza is in the form of engine. Neither does it offer great refinement, not a lag-free urban commute. Agreed, on highways the numbers do look good ( Source of numbers : ACI ), but the lag in urban jungle is irritating.
Space is better in Brezza, but then Ecosport has better handling-ride quality balance.

I have mentioned it time and again : MSIL is seriously late to have its own diesel motor for mainstream applications. Bereft of good 1.5 ltr. diesel, Maruti may find it tough after launch of BR-V. Agreed, BR-V might be placed a segment above, but could impact Brezza as waiting period for Brezza is huge.

If I had the money, I would pick the Fiat Avventura any day over these three. But since we are focussing only on Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport and TUV 3OO, I vote for TUV 3OO. There is something very masculine about that car, you cant put that in words !

For me, The Ecosport and Vitara Brezza still give the impression that they are built on a hatchback and don't exude any kind of brutality or toughness that is associated with SUVs. Just hope Mahindra deals with the negatives like NVH levels and interior quality of TUV in the future, body roll and under-performance is something we cant do anything much as it is a body on frame and 3 cylinder engine hauling more weight than competitors.

From a practicality perspective as well, the TUV makes sense to me as there is more space compared to others. The Brezza only makes sense when I put service and resale value above everything else. The Ecosport does not excite me anymore.

Features apart,, what different is the Ecosport, Brezza, Creta, S-cross offering us than what Fusion did a decade back?

The Mahindra looks funny but that is because that's how a really shrunk SUV might look like, i suppose.

It's eons back since i was able to hit and sustain a 100 kmph speed on the highways so i would bet on the TUV300 for the drivability(read:infrequent gear changes) and to dismiss the bad roads nonchalantly.

My vote goes to Ecosport ! While I agree Brezza gets most things right, Ecosport does same things in a much better way.
Apart from being a better car, from my personal experience, Ford service is ages ahead of Maruti.

As mentioned in the previous posts, people do not buy the best car even after deciding the segment. They buy the car according to their requirements and budget.

For me the car that ticks most of the generic boxes is Ecosport followed by Brezza and finally TUV300.

Maruti would definitely get more numbers only because of the network. I have experienced Maruti service for nearly 20 years and Ford Service for hardly 6 months. And i can say with conviction that Ford service is much better in terms of quality and convenience. As far as cost of spare parts is concerned, we have seen the recent initiatives from Ford regarding the same.

A friend is looking to get into this segment and I suggested him the EcoSport immediately. That's the best car from the above mentioned 3 cars and its a sweet deal now after recent discounts offered by Ford recently. Can't beat the value of EcoSport sweet 1.5 diesel engine, 6 airbags and that awesome build quality. Ride is a little stiff, I agree but still as a overall package, this is THE best of the lot for me.