Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 237 30.54%
Ford EcoSport 466 60.05%
Mahindra TUV300 73 9.41%
Voters: 776. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 10:45   #76
BHPian

Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

• My preference is Vitara Brezza. Its very good looking car and well proportioned design.
  • EcoSport is also good option, but it looks small when viewed from the rear 3 quarters and I don't find interiors to be much better than Brezza.
  • Coming to TUV300, it looks like they made TUV400 and decided to chop the rear to get 4m benefit and named it TUV300
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 11:24   #77
BHPian

Though I voted for the Ecosport, not sure why the 1.3 S-Cross is not in your poll?
It is a competent product that can match if not exceed what Ecosport provides.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:22   #78
BHPian

I opted (also bought) TUV because, I think among the three, TUV was the closest to a Jeep in character which is also family friendly (mainly easy to get approval for buying from the FM).
Old 18th April 2016, 12:50   #79
BHPian

Ecosport is no doubt a competent package with several positives (I voted for it). However, can not help feeling that it has advantage in this poll due to its being the senior-most of the lot. It is much better known and experienced within the forum. The same poll conducted, say after one year, has potential to throw a very different outcome.

As someone pointed out, a very capable Avventura does not even figure as a contender. In essence, the poll probably is sure indicator of the current popularity and a probable indicator of overall superiority of the product.
Old 18th April 2016, 13:03   #80
BHPian

My Vote goes to Berezza for

1) Looks
2) FE and Maruti ASS
3) Maruti Customer Service Top Notch

I almost bought an EcoSport in Dec 2015 but am Happy now as I would have lost 1 lakh. No Follow up by Ford Sales even after 1 month of enquiry and showing interest to book a car. This made me ditch Ford and go for a Maruti vehicle in Jn 2016.
Old 18th April 2016, 14:53   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My vote is for Brezza. I've been a Maruti fan, not because of their cars but because of the service offered. Moreover, if I have to vote amongst these 3, i'll have to look at all aspects before voting.

What made me not to vote for Ecosport is a comparatively new dealership and a strict 4 seater. Indeed it has best safety features but when it comes down to peace of mind, Maruti scores.
Quoting my own post for reference, my sister-in-law might have to change her previous generation Honda City and I've suggested her an Ecosport AT or a Titanium+ Diesel or maybe a BRV. Why not Brezza, because she requires a vehicle with better safety features, especially curtain/side airbags and Isofix mount for child seat. Moreover I feel that Gurgaon should not have many issues in Ford service front. And a 4 seater would be fine with her.

What I'm trying to reiterate is that a good vehicle doesn't come by choice of others but depends mainly on your own requirements. My requirements are different compared to her.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 20:40   #82
BHPian

I voted for the Vitara Brezza.

For reasons please read my post # 228 in the Vitara Brezza Official review forum. Still I will add a few things what made me go that way.

When my wife and me looked at -
1. TUV 300 - Excellent space, butch looks; but it can't be a daily commute car. Low mileage and has its own disadvantages on speed, weight and ride.
2. EcoSport - Fantastic design, Eye Catching stance, Great features, frugal engine, well built and more than enough safety features. But when we sat inside the rear seat was not spacious in terms of leg/knee room.
3. Vitara Brezza - Ticks most of the boxes on your Wish List. Owning a Maruti for long time, I know and hope the ownership would be hassle free.

One major reason; we all know that we usually change our cars anywhere between 4-10 years (Unless we want to make it vintage ). When we know that's the case, then I think all would agree that nothing beats Maruti Suzuki in India on this parameter.
Old 18th April 2016, 21:07   #83
Team-BHP Support

Ecosport all the way, with the upgraded specs definitely wins. The upgraded specification and the build definitely is a major factor for my vote. Looks wise also i feel the Ford has an overall well balanced equation to it.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 23:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for TUV300, actually purchased 4 months back and completed 4400 kms as of now and I am happy with my decision. Look is a relative choice, important thing is whether the car meets your needs. I am a defensive driver and even on good highways I maintain a speed of 80 - 90 kmph. Completed 3 long trips with my TUV300 and there was no complaint from family members. In fact, there was enough space to carry things like kids cycle/scooters.

I had checked EcoSport and even visited a Ford showroom with family, but second row seating space was insufficient for my requirement. Also, Ford sales guys did not follow up properly, even could not arrange a test drive. But I took 4 test drives of TUV300 and after taking the last test drive of 25 kms, I booked TUV300. My experience with Mahindra after sales support is good. Attended a Mahindra customers event yesterday at Wonderla and it appears that they care for customers.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 10:11   #85
BHPian

I'd select the TUV if I wanted something which be used for driving on rough terrains or maybe even a little bit of offloading. Mahindra cars are built really tough and they go through pretty much any type of abuse and still work well.

If I wanted something just for the city and my highway runs it would be the Ecosport anyday.It's agile, fun and practical too.

However if someone wants rear seat space as their main criteria and wants a city car for occasional highway drives , then I'd think about the Brezza. Ecosport seems to be a better product to me than the Brezza, with better finish and quality.

Personally if I stayed in my in a rural area it would be the mahindra anyday.In the city where I live in, I'll still fancy the Ford.

Just my two cents
Old 19th April 2016, 10:42   #86
BHPian

I think it comes down to two areas - city drives and "soft roading"

Ford ecosport definitely scores in the former, although the brezza has the looks going for it.

TUV, I think is set apart due to the ladder on frame chassis. While it may not be as smooth in city drives, but I am sure it is much more abuse friendly as compared to the other two. So for a person who needs such usage more, it scores for him
Old 19th April 2016, 11:19   #87
Team-BHP Support

Overdrive comparison shootout for the same three cars gathered for this poll- and a sensible verdict too.
Old 19th April 2016, 11:40   #88
BHPian

My vote goes for EcoSports.
It has a great build quality, feels solid and safe, no typical Maruti like issues, like Rattles after short use,
Brezza has typical Maruti Low quality build - does not give you a feeling of safety.
The Ford Ride and Handling i feel is better than Maruti,
The Interior quality and general fit and finish of EcoSports is definitely better than Maruti Vitara Brezza.

Mahindra TUV is very much a people mover MPV. Good for commercial use, cab or Taxi market, not really a personal car, My take - no offence to anybody thinking otherwise,
Old 19th April 2016, 11:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
http://Youtu.be/aEg4CSHZF1U

Overdrive comparison shootout for the same three cars gathered for this poll- and a sensible verdict too.
The comments in the video like :
a) May not be the best car at this price point.
b) Peace of Mind
c) Best selling car

does not indicate that Brezza is the best car. The hidden message is that the service and network of Maruti would help Vitara nudge ahead of Ecosport in this close competition.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 19th April 2016 at 12:01. Reason: Additional Info
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 12:42   #90
BHPian

Almost all the negatives about TUV300 like the handling, bounciness, ride quality, etc. are in fact intrinsic qualities of an old school (body on frame), true to its character SUV. While all the goodness about Brezza and Ecosport being applauded here like the plush interiors, cushy ride quality, etc. are characteristics intrinsic to hatches and sedans. It is like comparing apples and oranges.

My vote goes for TUV300 as I believe it is the only SUV here while the other 2 are hatches on steroids. TUV has managed to fit itself in the hatch dimensions, however, at the same time it has also managed to stick to its character.
jeepster_chd is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks