Team-BHP - Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/175028-poll-maruti-vitara-brezza-vs-ford-ecosport-vs-mahindra-tuv300-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDtorque (Post 3957959)
And which auto or bike would dare come before a car the size of a truck? And surprisingly this truck is even easy to park due it being sub-4metre. These are the very reasons why I voted for the TUV, I think these are the main problems in a city that forces a previous hatchback owner to go for an SUV, and design well that IS subjective

Exactly the reason why TUV is not favoured by all. Not everyone want's to drive a truck everyday lol: . On serious note, TUV is a good product from Mahindra, Its very different from the competition here with ladder on frame chassis, Butch and boxy design . However the sales number suggest that the market prefers sleeker more plusher vehicles.

Hello guys,

My in-laws are looking to change their aging Indica DLS and the cars on their mind are Ecosport and Brezza. Though the Creta was also considered, but it was soon found that it will be immensely difficult to park in their narrow and small parking.
The monthly running wouldn't be more than 500 Kms and their 2nd car, Brio would be used for errands.

Considering both of them are in their 60s and stay in a Tier 2 city, I feel Maruti's offering is a better bet. But, product-to-product makes me suggest the Ecosport. And neither they nor I consider the TUV for their requirements.

Please pour your suggestions.

PS - I voted for the Ecosport in this poll !

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive2eternity (Post 3973105)
Hello guys,

My in-laws are looking to change their aging Indica DLS and the cars on their mind are Ecosport and Brezza.

Go for the Ecosport ecoboost version that is available in the trend plus trim as well which is quite VFM(specially after the discounts they have on offer). Going for diesel doesn't make sense as the monthly running mentioned by you is quite low.

Ecosport in the ecoboost guise would give you a solid power (125 PS) and stable ride on the highways. Also when driven sensibly this engine can come out with excellent FE figures.

My vote goes for the Ford Ecosport due to the following reasons:-

Why Won't I pick the Vitara Brezza:-

Why won't I pick the TUV300:-

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive2eternity (Post 3973105)
Hello guys,

My in-laws are looking to change their aging Indica DLS and the cars on their mind are Ecosport and Brezza. Though the Creta was also considered, but it was soon found that it will be immensely difficult to park in their narrow and small parking.

Given the fact that Brezza is in consideration, it is available only in the diesel avataar. Hence I would any day recommend the beautiful TDCi motor version of the EcoSport rather than the petrols. (even though factoring the low monthly usage)

Quote:

Originally Posted by YashD (Post 3974041)
My vote goes for the Ford Ecosport due to the following reasons:-
  • I don't know if it's just me but the Ecosport's suspension felt better specially on patchy roads. It felt more absorbent.
  • The Solid build quality of the Ecosport.

agree: completely to points mentioned by YashD especially these two points as the EcoSport glides over bad road at higher speeds while low speeds would be a little on the stiffer side.

Also another point to consider is that EcoSport being a tall boy would be comfortable for ingress and egress for aged folks.

Brezza had a little wider rear seat and could be in consideration only if one wants to seat 5 persons all the time, else EcoSport is a very comfortable 4 seater and had 2 step recliner option (in Titanium trim) which can be set for a comfortable back rest position.

On the second point, I just replied to another thread about my recent personal experience, read for yourself and decide!:thumbs up

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post3976540

Well I have voted for Vitara Brezza and would buy it over the Ecosport simply because of the VFM factor and Maruti service network. Ecosport is much better than the Brezza in all the departments except that small central console screen. But I feel even after the discounts its still a tad overpriced. Considering aftersales, price & features, Vitara Brezza is a better package overall.

Being an owner of last generation figo, I won't call myself a ford fanboy as such, but after dealing with maruti (in laws have Scross), Mahindra (Xuv in the family) and ford, of course I would put my money on eco sport anyday.
Those fuel guzzler,expensive to maintain stories, I feel should be put to rest. I recently paid 5000 bucks for a 40,000 km service for my figo, also one of my friend has an eco sport who paid 6000 for a 50,000 servicing. Both him and I have travelled quite a lot in our fords. I would also like to report that when someone says they are built tough, believe me, ford is. I also feel they are very very reliable. My figo has just been a fill it, shut it forget it kind of vehicle. No issues so far. I haven't even replaced the clutch clap:
And so I would like to vote for ford eco sport.

Voted EcoSport, Of course also bought it a long while back.

Still the safest, best looking, best engineered. The best interiors and AT DCS adds to the appeal for me.

What I don't like about it is that the Petrol AT could have done with 20 Bhp more or atleast the EcoBoost engine.

What the TUV can do with is 40 BHP more power to get it properly moving with all the weight it carries. Easily the best quality interiors in a Mahindra, I do like it's shape but misses 4X4 and power. Like M&M customization options available quite easily.

Like the Top spec Brezza Dual tone colours and that's about it, no need to further customize. Prefer a more rugged vehicle.

Voted for Ford Ecosport.

It has best combination of engine choices, safety features, and looks. At the reduced price point it is so much more attractive.

Took a test drive of Brezza and found it sluggish in following scenarios:

1. Taking U-turn on highway and from opposite end car/track is coming at you with great speed. You wish Brezza would start accelerating quickly but alas that does not happen.
2. On single lane highway one is stuck behind a bus and from opposite end vehicles are coming at great speed. Km after Km one tries to overtake but acceleration is just not there, by the time Brezza picks up speed overtaking chance lost.

The Ecosport and the Brezza make sense if all you want is a higher driving position, higher GC to better handle bad/broken roads, and the SUV image.

Personally, I am not interested in taking my car off road, but considering the state of our roads, and the omnipresent danger of encountering a pothole or stones/concrete blocks at high speeds, a higher GC, large dia wheels and suitably upgraded suspension would bring more peace of mind during any highway trip. And, the psychological effect of seeing an imposing vehicle in your mirror does help in getting your way, and stop others from pushing you around, as most Indian drivers believe that the bigger vehicle has automatic right of way.

The Ecosport is a good, proven design, and once you drive it, you do realise why it has been such a success worldwide. It's much more car-like and the engines are refined and powerful. But on the design front, it does not have the all important wheel to body ratio that makes the difference between an MUV and an SUV. Ford also chose to go with low profile tyres which look better suited to a hot hatch than an SUV. IMHO, this makes it look closer to a hatch than an SUV. This design makes sense if you're selling it as a crossover, similar to the S-Cross, but not in a market where you're trying to push it as a mini SUV. A city-person buying an SUV has image as the highest priority, and the Ecosport has the image of a raised hatch. Ironically, it might be a better off-roader than the Brezza, but it just doesn't look as tough, or cool. It is also a lot less roomier than the Brezza, and feels like a small premium hatch inside. Plastics are of a high quality and the controls fall nicely to hand. But it rides like a driver's car and not a family car. The back seats are cramped and the ride is bouncy on bad roads.

The Vitara Brezza is a product of MSIL, and it shows. MSIL has had its finger on the pulse of the Indian market for decades now, and there's no doubt they know the market. They know what is expected in a compact SUV. They also knew from bitter experience with the S-Cross that the crossover concept that was welcomed by the European market did not work in India. "Unchi is the new Lambi" sums up their design brief when it came to the Vitara. Suzuki is no stranger to small SUVs, having a history of making small SUVs, from the Suzuki Jimmy to the XT-90. Thus it is not surprising that they got the looks as well as the overall experience spot on. The Vitara is roomier than the Ecosport, easier to get into, more features in the top variant, and essential safety features available on all variants, even the base LDi. Morover, the engine tuning is such that there is minimal turbo lag and linear acceleration, which makes a much easier transition for petrol hatch owners. The ride is also better on the back seat, and it feels a lot roomier inside. That, coupled with Maruti's promise of a trouble-free ownership experience and wide service, is enough to entice small sedan and premium hatch buyers like me, to their product.

The TUV is a fine vehicle from Mahindra, and Mahindra has never been known for subtlety in styling department. Every vehicle they've had a hand in designing has had it's share of quirky looks, and the TUV is no different.

I haven't driven the TUV yet, but frankly, I am not a big fan of the styling, not because of the boxy lines, but because of the monotony of vast areas of flat surfaces on the car. A bot of contrast color cladding and increased track would do wonders to the car's appearance. Sure, there are kits available, but it bugs me that Mahindra didn't offer these as standard. The Hummer, the obvious inspiration for the TUV, was not just about boxy shapes, it was about excellent detailing that made the boxiness look functional and powerful, and even added a flow to the design. Mahindra usually overdoes it with the detailing, like they did on the XUV and the KUV, but not on this one.

I think that the TUV would be the one to go for, if you want to take it offroad occasionally, for a bit of fun, or due to necessity. The ladder frame and the high profile tyres, as well as the high approach/departure angles will make it a better offroader. But the same body on frame construction plays spoilsport when it comes to highway manners, FE (due to weight) and overall ride.

I have already voted for the Ecosport by owning one just when the (rather oddly named) Brezza was launching !

Had couple of long-ish drives of 750km+ with my Eco, and everytime it brings a grin on my face when I stretch it ! The drive was so pliant and comfortable, I did 750km at one go, without giving over to wifey as I usually did with my previous cars - i10/Zen etc. The car urges you to push more around the corners, and the confidence you get is probably missed out in Brezza/TUV although each are good in its own merit !

Have test-driven both Brezza/TUV, and found good for city drives. But for long drives, for that special safety feel, for overall fit&finish, for the comfy ride - it's Ecosport any day. I don't regret my recent acquisition in any way !clap:

Brezza any day (purchased one as well). Best looking of the lot (IMO), just roomy enough, and covers all bases adequately in terms of ride quality, NVH levels and city/ highway manners.

TUV overall looks and weight/ power ratio and the Ecosport's comparatively cramped interiors and also to an extent design kill the deal for me.

Since I am in the market for a new car and I always begin the ratings with looks, I'd say the Vitara Brezza looks better than Eco Sport. This Ford never grew on me, looks very awkward and the spare wheel is just ugly.

I would seriously consider a Brezza if there was a petrol version available as I am so done with Diesel.

I've got some doubts regarding the build quality of the TUV as compared to the others. Does having a body on chassis construction lead to early onset of rattles/squeaks etc? Are BoC vehicles more susceptible to that sort of thing? I know that the number of TUV owners in the forum is extrememly low, but still, has any one noticed any rattling or other build-related issues on the newer Mahindras in general?

The picture posted above by KrisTvpm shows perfectly the mismatched overhangs and the tendency of the Ecosport to look seriously weird at certain angles. I think it's the spare wheel cover in black that's throwing off the balance of the entire picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekgk (Post 4016171)
I've got some doubts regarding the build quality of the TUV as compared to the others. Does having a body on chassis construction lead to early onset of rattles/squeaks etc? Are BoC vehicles more susceptible to that sort of thing?.

I am unsure of build-quality of the said vehicle but rusting is common in both Tata & Mahindra if not taken care of.

Ladder on frames are more hardy & durable, at least they used to. The new ladder on frames [hydro-formed chassis] are coming of age, they are lighter and more strong, durability will have to be checked. Rattles are more prone in a monocoque vehicle, while you may expect a squeak or two from both.

I had a loaner TUV 300 80PS version for a day, did drive it for my commute, sadly not on the highway. The ride over broken surfaces for sure is better than full sized SUV, maybe this being not much tall with a short wheel base helps. NVH was ok as well, but the odo had done only 1,1xx kms. This isn't a full sized SUV which is evident while driving [has both good & bad points] and the respect you get on the road is missing.

I believe those who have to frequent bad roads, TUV might be a better proposition than others.