Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 237 30.54%
Ford EcoSport 466 60.05%
Mahindra TUV300 73 9.41%
Voters: 776. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 18:42   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
You could add the Honda WR-V to your list as the Diesel S-MT variant is roughly 8.8 Lacs exshowroom and could meet your target price.
It also has most of the features that you need and plus has good ground clearance too and is a semi-crossover.
The engine though a bit noisy, is very frugal and will save you a lot of money in your long drives.
If you can stretch your budget, you can even go for the V-MT variant and get all the added features like Sunroof, Touchscreen Infotainment and all the other jing-bang!

Never really thought of it. Will go through the reviews of some of the owners to see. It does make a good package with Jazz's space. Another one added to the probable list. Thanks a ton mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
8 out of the 10 cars that I have owned till date, have been used cars and I was always happy with them. Here's the trick, buy an used car with personal loan. Nowadays you get personal loans for 11.5% compared to used car loans of 16-18%. In case of emergency, you can always sell the car and have the cash and the car will also not be under hypothecation. You will be the sole owner. Think about it. Downpayment is upto you, a car already run in and you can also modify, remap, etc not having to think about warranty unless you buy a recent model.

90 days is a long time to find a good nick.

Will see if I can explore that route. Thanks for the positive picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
I did not mean to lower your enthusiasm.

You certainly can, as soon as you stop feeling the guilt yourself In fact, the one giving you advise is more impulsive than you when it comes to these decisions.

Happy Road Trip Mate.

Thanks Moto_Hill
I am ok to be impulsive till I can take an informed decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Since you love to drive and want your car delivered within 90 days, I would suggest you to go for the Ecosport Trend/Trend+. S-Cross Delta being the other alternative.

I am kind of moving in the ecosport direction. Not convinced about S-Cross yet. May be a TD might change the equation.
Old 20th April 2017, 20:22   #167
BHPian

Race against time: 90 days before 6000 km trip. New car needed.

As many before me have mentioned S-Cross makes perfect sense. Even if Delta is the only one in your budget it has more or less every feature that Ecosport Trend has. Additionally it is bigger and much more spacious. And on top of it, it's a Maruti. Looks are individual opinion, but I wouldn't hold it against S-Cross too much.

While, you have said that high GC is one your requirements, the Aspire Titanium + is a great purchase. You get features of top end Ecosport, save 2 lakh Rs and just to highlight 6 airbags and would be a wonderful Highwaymen cruiser.

Edit: I forgot one more car. Maruti, high GC, Diesel. It's the unassuming Ertiga. With discounts you should get the top variant in your budget. Great for highways and feature rich too, with features like Smartplay infotainment system.

Last edited by autorahul : 20th April 2017 at 20:31.
autorahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 20:34   #168
BHPian

Re: Race against time: 90 days before 6000 km trip. New car needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Plus only Delta 1.3 is in my budget.
For me it was the best buy at 10 OTR (New Delhi). I was looking for a car which has ABS/Airbags, has good ride and handling and is spacious too. I ditched Ertiga for S-Cross. The Delta 1.3 is decently equipped, it gets 4 disc brakes, basic music system with BT connectivity, front sliding center armrest, steering mounted controls, USB/AUX ports inside the centre armrest.

Have covered 23,500 kms in 5.5 months, mostly on highways. The car is very stable on highways and fun around corners. The superb ride quality at moderate to high speeds keeps your passengers comfortable on long journeys.

S-Cross is better than Brezza/Ecosport in terms of space, ride and handling.
sinharishi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 21:04   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
As many before me have mentioned S-Cross makes perfect sense. Even if Delta is the only one in your budget it has more or less every feature that Ecosport Trend has. Additionally it is bigger and much more spacious. And on top of it, it's a Maruti. Looks are individual opinion, but I wouldn't hold it against S-Cross too much.

While, you have said that high GC is one your requirements, the Aspire Titanium + is a great purchase. You get features of top end Ecosport, save 2 lakh Rs and just to highlight 6 airbags and would be a wonderful Highwaymen cruiser.

Edit: I forgot one more car. Maruti, high GC, Diesel. It's the unassuming Ertiga. With discounts you should get the top variant in your budget. Great for highways and feature rich too, with features like Smartplay infotainment system.

I surely am adding S-cross in my list of probables. Let's see if TD can make me smile. Thanks mate.
Aspire is surely a good car, have driven it myself and loved the torque. It will be choice if I need to cut down my budget any chance. As of now, I am more inclined to the SUV'ish stance ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
For me it was the best buy at 10 OTR (New Delhi). I was looking for a car which has ABS/Airbags, has good ride and handling and is spacious too. I ditched Ertiga for S-Cross. The Delta 1.3 is decently equipped, it gets 4 disc brakes, basic music system with BT connectivity, front sliding center armrest, steering mounted controls, USB/AUX ports inside the centre armrest.

Have covered 23,500 kms in 5.5 months, mostly on highways. The car is very stable on highways and fun around corners. The superb ride quality at moderate to high speeds keeps your passengers comfortable on long journeys.

S-Cross is better than Brezza/Ecosport in terms of space, ride and handling.

That's surely inspiring coming from an owner. 23500 kms in 5.5 months is like saying "you live off the car". Congrats for the miles. Will surely do a TD. Looks are subjective I know, let's see if I can grow over it.
justwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 21:37   #170
BHPian

Justwheels,

Get the Ecosport, you clearly have your heart set on it. Letting go of the Jazz earlier would have been a tough choice, time to make up for it by listening to your heart. Go down to the showroom with the deposit amount in your hand, bargain them down to a price that's acceptable to you and go ahead with the booking. The difference between Trend and Trend+ is about 50K (ex-showroom according to carwale), this would translate to a minuscule difference in EMI. And best of all, you will have the Ecosport delivered much before the 90 day deadline which will give you enough time to familiarize yourself with the new car before you take it for your tour.

P.S. I belong from Uttarakhand as well and have spent the majority of my childhood in Dehradun.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 00:29   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Justwheels,

Get the Ecosport, you clearly have your heart set on it. Letting go of the Jazz earlier would have been a tough choice, time to make up for it by listening to your heart. Go down to the showroom with the deposit amount in your hand, bargain them down to a price that's acceptable to you and go ahead with the booking.

P.S. I belong from Uttarakhand as well and have spent the majority of my childhood in Dehradun.

Best,
Enigmatic
Reading that line, I just felt doing that right away. Yes how much ever I read through, I never am able to swing away from the Ecosport. But just for sanity, I want to explore the other options too as an impulsive buy of a million rupees shouldn't turn into a nightmare.

Great to know of your Uttrakhand connection. Indeed a beautiful place it is. Mention of Dehradun is pure nostalgia.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:46   #172
BHPian

A different perspective from me.

Pick a used Duster AWD (since you picking used no hassles in the 90 day limit)
why used?
I myself have a duster AWD and am yet to see a single major issue in it. just fill up and go wherever you wish. have covered 50000 kms in 2 years with zero issues. never let me down. Havent abused it but surely used it well in good& bad roads. Never let me down. I am guessing you should get a good duster AWD with just 15000 to 30000 on the odo for your budget!

Hope I have not confused you further. trust me if you love driving Duster AWD is the best bet. the confidence you have when you drive down the ghat sections too in the rain is something you will not find in 2 segments above. you will have to neglect the boring interiors though.

but trust me no other better option for a traveller!

Upgrade requirements:
1. Larger engine, cruising capabilities.
(Gem of an engine on Duster can cruise on 130 whole day without cribbing)
2. SUV'ish stance preferred ( read ground clearance)
(duster Again)
3. Primary occupants will be 2, occasionally 4 adults and very rarely 5.
(no problem with Duster)
4. Diesel for sure as it will munch kms for breakfast lunch and dinner. (duster)
5. Safety: 2 airbags must. ABS needed. (Duster again)
6. Hopefully will be in my stable for 5-6 years, so not really concerned for the resale value. (reason am saying pick used Duster AWD)
7. Budget: wanted it to be 9.5, extending it to 10, convince me for 10.5 lacs. (Duster AWD)

Best part is it handles like a car and has amazing ground clearance and returns great mileage if driven sedately. also has ABS,traction control.

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st April 2017 at 11:20. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please refrain
Old 21st April 2017, 10:38   #173
BHPian

I would add the Duster & Creta to this list any day. Both are excellent cruisers and have good mileage. Have space for 4 to 5 occupants and their luggage.
OR
Book the Brezza (top end) TODAY, if you get it within your deadline period, well & good .
Else, the rest are off the shelf deliveries anyways.
Old 21st April 2017, 11:00   #174
BHPian

All the best for your road trip buddy !
I apologise for adding to your dilemma with this, but check this out !

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...t/Duster.html/

Disclaimer : I am in no way related to the seller. Just searched for used Dusters in classifieds and thought it might be relevant here.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:04   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post
A different perspective from me.

Pick a used Duster AWD (since you picking used no hassles in the 90 day limit)

why used? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I would add the Duster & Creta to this list any day. Both are excellent cruisers and have good mileage. Have space for 4 to 5 occupants and their luggage.
OR
Book the Brezza (top end) TODAY, if you get it within your deadline period, well & good .
Else, the rest are off the shelf deliveries anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
All the best for your road trip buddy !

I apologise for adding to your dilemma with this, but check this out !

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...t/Duster.html/

Disclaimer : I am in no way related to the seller. Just searched for used Dusters in classifieds and thought it might be relevant here.

Thanks all for giving your valuable inputs on my dilemma. Indeed duster is a very capable car and the only reason it was out of contention was the price which is way out of my budget.

However, the idea of a second hand car at this competent price is surely mouth watering, but this one will have to get approval from family. It's just those things which are emotional and not rational. But indeed will give it a try.
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:40   #176
BHPian

I am headed to Cauvery Ford to check on the ecosport today. Let's see what quotes do I get. Seem to be closing on Ecosport. Wife didn't like the SCross looks but will take her for a TD anyways.

I am very bad at negotiations, any idea what's the best I should get on discounts or anyone who has bargained recently. Any pointers will help.
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:09   #177
BHPian

Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post

Thanks. I did think about the Nexon but can't say when will it come and I really want to meet the 90 day deadline. But you too have pushed my guilt of jumping the gun by an ounce... Am I being an idiot by making this impulsive decision?

S-cross : no offense to the owners but for some reason I don't like how it looks in the front. Plus only Delta 1.3 is in my budget.
I don't think you are making an impulsive decision. The vehicle meets your requirements to the maximum and it has a fairly reliable record. Somehow I like the current version in looks in comparison to the pictures of the updated ecosport I have seen.

Last week I went to nexa for enquiring about the baleno and the sales guy immediately recognised me when we went to the maruti for the swift in 2010 (bought the diesel figo instead). He forcibly handed me the key of 1.6 Scross and boy I was impressed. It just pulls and pulls. Don't know about the 1.3 but if you land in the Scross area, don't even drive the 1.6 else you will don't want to touch the 1.3. Apart from the looks and price, I found it to be a great car.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:34   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I don't think you are making an impulsive decision. The vehicle meets your requirements to the maximum and it has a fairly reliable record. Somehow I like the current version in looks in comparison to the pictures of the updated ecosport I have seen.

Last week I went to nexa for enquiring about the baleno and the sales guy immediately recognised me when we went to the maruti for the swift in 2010 (bought the diesel figo instead). He forcibly handed me the key of 1.6 Scross and boy I was impressed. It just pulls and pulls. Don't know about the 1.3 but if you land in the Scross area, don't even drive the 1.6 else you will don't want to touch the 1.3. Apart from the looks and price, I found it to be a great car.
Thanks mate for making it easier for me. I kind of agree that the updated pics of next gen Ecosport without the tail mounted spare wheel doesn't really impress. I am a fan of that butch look.

As far as SCross is concerned, I completely agree on the 1.6, it is a genm of an engine. The 1.3 should be bought for SCross as a car with space and features rather than the engine. Ecosport kind of has a good engine, driving dynamics and looks. Not the space of a SCross, but if I could live in a Celerio, I can surely live in an Ecosport. Hopefully getting a TD today. Lets see.
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:30   #179
BHPian

So Ecosport Trend + it will be. Went to two ford dealers - Cauvery and Metro. Cauvery guy had a spanky Mustang on display, and the SA's attitude was as if "we sell Mustangs, you will not be cared for since you are buying just an Ecosport". The AC wasn't working in the showroom. Rest all was fine. He offered 11K corporate discount (basically the 3rd year extended warranty cost) and 4.2K additional discount (basically the essential kit - mud flaps etc). So that's around 15K discount. Over that, offered a 15K exchange bonus on my car. Making the discount at 30K.
Cost - 11,08,588 - 30,000 = 10,78,588 INR.

Metro Ford was slightly better in greetings. Atleast the SA looked interested. Discounts offered are exactly similar (+/- 3000). Not a deal maker or breaker.

Exchange Value for Celerio VXI AMT - Metro Ford : 3,70,000
Cauvery guy coming tomorrow with TD vehicle and evaluator. Will get to know tomorrow hopefully.

Although Brezza is out of contention due to waiting time, dropped by a Maruti showroom and took a TD of Brezza. First comments, don't even talk about quality comparison between Brezza and Ecosport. (No Offence). It is miles apart. Just the thickness of the door inner pads is like 2 times. It just looks premium.

I liked the dual glove box in Brezza. Quite useful. The VDI(O) was around 10lacs and ZDI(O) is around 12 lacs. That's a huge difference. But surely its a good vehicle. The turbo lag of the MJD is surely noticeable, but manageable.

The seats are surely wider in Brezza and the squab is definitely longer. That was the first of wifey's observation. Seats in Brezza had more under thigh coverage than Ecosport. She said even Celerio seats (though not a comparison) have a longer squab. Not that means long drives can be a bit painful.
Not exactly a shortcoming, but I remembered GTO saying this in some thread, if seat cushioning is an issue, get a custom made seat cover with exact cushioning and that should solve the problem. Don't discard the vehicle for such a small thing. So, gave the same gyan to wife, and she agreed. Please do advise if it is doable and if that would help?

So the story is, it will be Ecosport Trend+. Price is above budget slightly, but I will push it somehow. The calculations went wrong because all websites were showing March prices, this is the new financial year, so slightly higher.

Color chosen - decision to be made between Blue and Mars Red. Actually loved the dual tone of Brezza in blue, hence planning if I can get the same on Ecosport with a 3M vinyl. 3M quoted 13K for the white vinyl on roof and C Pillars. (part of the plan, when, lets see).

Delivery around May 20th. Will get ample time to know the vehicle and run it in at ease.
So hopefully will be back with the good news of booking at the earliest.
Only itch - Trend + doesn't have even the small blue screen on the dash. That area is blanked with an Ecosport imbroglio. Not an eye sore, but surely not the best use of the space.

Last edited by justwheels : 22nd April 2017 at 21:34. Reason: corection of small mistakes
Old 6th May 2017, 16:03   #180
BHPian

Friends, after 94000 kms on my 6 year old Figo Tdi Titanium I have cecided to upgrade and short listed Eco sport and Vitara Brezza but unable to decide on one. My ride mix will be 70 % city drive and 30 % highway drive and will be self driven. Please advise a suitable vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks