Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 11:49   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
The main thing that i wanted to update you all is that when i asked them about the 1.6, they were dissuading me saying that 1.3 is more than enough for your use and stuff like that. But the last point that they mentioned was what took me aback. Apparently the 1.6 is now only available in the Alpha variant. Even the price list that they had only had the 1.6 Alpha details on it. Wanted to inform you all as this may be quite an important aspect in your buying discussions.

Also, please let me know if this is something that this specific dealer is saying or is it all over?
This is strange. Is this some kind of directive coming directly from Maruti? My visit was just last week. And the RM never tried to dissuade me from 1.6 or offer only 1.6 Alpha. I showed interest in 1.6 Zeta and Delta to which he mentioned he could get me a car in 2 weeks.
Old 4th May 2016, 12:03   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
This is strange. Is this some kind of directive coming directly from Maruti? My visit was just last week. And the RM never tried to dissuade me from 1.6 or offer only 1.6 Alpha. I showed interest in 1.6 Zeta and Delta to which he mentioned he could get me a car in 2 weeks.
Just for booking purpose they will say that car will be delivered in 2 weeks or a month. Once you book the car they will push you to buy form their stock which will be mostly 1.6 Alpha or 1.3 zeta variants.

I guess you can push for maximum discount if you are buying from there stock.
Old 4th May 2016, 12:39   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
I think its more dealer dependant and also on the stocks they have at that point of time. When I enquired last week about S-cross, dealer tried to push for 1.3 zeta as they have a few ready stocks. As soon as I told them about my interest in 1.6, they never persuaded me towards 1.3
Old 5th May 2016, 22:40   #109
BHPian

Hai Jaunthead,
Have you taken your call to go for S-Cross 1.6, and which varient ?
Whats the Quote, If you have got one,

A friend of mine is considering S-Crosss 1.6, I have referred him to TBHP and to this Thread,,
I would definitely be going for the 1.6, If I was in market today for my ride, even If I would need to stretch..
Old 6th May 2016, 06:52   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Have you taken your call to go for S-Cross 1.6, and which varient ?
Whats the Quote, If you have got one
Hi Hemant_Joshi, I am interested in the 1.6 zeta. Have not taken a call yet due to some other priorities that sprang up suddenly and have been traveling.
I was given a standard price list which I am unfortunately not carrying at the moment. If you head to carwale and check the on road price there, you will get a pretty accurate OTR price( -10k for accessories and some handling charges that the dealer adds by default). Beyond that is your desire to heckle and bargain. The Delta 1.6 was carrying some 15-20k discount.
Old 19th May 2016, 12:57   #111
BHPian

Hello jaunthead,

I would suggest you to go for the S-Cross 1.6 zeta variant. That is the actual value for money proposition. The delta variant is also good, but very bare bone. You would end up investing a few more thousand bucks for after market accessories.

I have driven the S-cross 1.3 and 1.6 back to back. The 1.6 would simply amaze you with its sheer power and torque. Vitara Brezza is a good proposition, but if you are interested in a fun to drive vehicle, S-Cross 1.6 should be your default choice.

I was almost going to book a Zeta 1.6. But then again I am in search of a 4 wheel drive vehicle, so I had to strike it off from my list.

Regards

Saubhik
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:17   #112
Senior - BHPian

I am not a pseudo SUV kind of guy and I just don't understand the logic of paying more for a car that is just styled like a SUV with no real SUV capabilities built in except for may be a slightly better ground clearance than the equivalent hatch or sedan it is based on. They drive and handle worse than the equivalent hatch or sedan they are based on and most of them will never see life beyond the tarmac.

Now if the Breeza came with capabilities like a Gypsy I would be all over it but unfortunately it doesn't, so for me its a no mans land kind of a car. The S-Cross has superb road manners, better and more comfy interiors and seems to be better built and has that delicious 1.6 that may be a pain in the city but is guaranteed to bring a smile on the expressway. Even the 1.3 S-cross seems to be a better buy for me.
Old 1st June 2016, 23:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sandy if you allow me to add option 4
4. If budget is a constraint and you want Powerrrrrrrr, go for the 1.6 Delta. It has decent amount of features. 4 disc brakes, ABS, Airbags, ICE and DDIS320 is the biggest feature.

I got the Delta 1.6 for 10.2lacs (OTR) with delta kit.
Usually I go for the top end variants but with S cross don't feel I have missed out too much.
Hi,

I'm planning to get the S Cross, and can't find much information / pictures for the interiors of the Delta variant.Can you comment on the fit and finish of this variant?

Also, 10.2 OTR for Delta 1.6?? Because I just got the price list from Nexa faridabad.. and Scross 1.6 Delta is around 11.6 OTR!

Last edited by Abh1nav : 1st June 2016 at 23:46.
Old 2nd June 2016, 00:57   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to get the S Cross, and can't find much information / pictures for the interiors of the Delta variant.Can you comment on the fit and finish of this variant?

Also, 10.2 OTR for Delta 1.6?? Because I just got the price list from Nexa faridabad.. and Scross 1.6 Delta is around 11.6 OTR!
1.6 S-Cross is available only in top of the line Alpha variant. Dealers do not accept booking for lower variants.

Interior plastic quality is same in all variants of S-Cross. Alpha gets leather seats and steering cover.

I bought 1.6 S-Cross Alpha couple of days back. Dealer had offered me 1.6 S-Cross delta 2015 model for a very good price but dad did not want to buy a car which was lying in yard for more than 6 months.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 01:39   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

This video will give you the idea of Delta variant interiors. You won't find much difference in fit and finish. Only that there are few features missing in this compared to higher variants.

autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was in Dec 2015.
Now the price is around 11.6 for the delta variant.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1.6 S-Cross is available only in top of the line Alpha variant. Dealers do not accept booking for lower variants.

I bought 1.6 S-Cross Alpha couple of days back. Dealer had offered me 1.6 S-Cross delta 2015 model for a very good price but dad did not want to buy a car which was lying in yard for more than 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
This video will give you the idea of Delta variant interiors. You won't find much difference in fit and finish. Only that there are few features missing in this compared to higher variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
That was in Dec 2015.
Now the price is around 11.6 for the delta variant.
Thank you so much for your response. My budget is around 10L , so just got excited about the prospect of getting the 1.6 around that price.

Also, without going OT, can I just have a quick opinion.

The prices for Ciaz Diesel have been reduced in Delhi. So, does it make sense to go for the Ciaz VDi+ (8.22L ex showroom + possible discounts) rather than the S cross 1.3 Delta?
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:34   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The prices for Ciaz Diesel have been reduced in Delhi. So, does it make sense to go for the Ciaz VDi+ (8.22L ex showroom + possible discounts) rather than the S cross 1.3 Delta?
CIAZ
Its a fantastic VFM option.
With 10L budget, try for Zdi.

Scross Delta 1.3 is too stripped down. Not worth it.
Old 26th June 2016, 13:27   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Answers by points

1. True. It is a 90-100bhp battle - Breeza vs Ecosport vs 85ps Duster / Terrano

2. S Cross 1.3 is and was overpriced by 50 k (IMO). IMO the most overpriced vehicles in India are Duster/Terrano 110ps (spartan interiors, rocker seats and absolutely no equipment ) and Creta AT (1.6 s cross was leading, but just got out of the list 2 months back)

3. OP need not pay for nexa suits, neither need he pay for Ranbir Kapoor

4. Firestarter - Yes. I agree

5. Spacious - I agree with the boot part. Cabin - Comparable to the others..( by B+/C class standards only)

To add. Duster has some poor ergonomics for a tall driver. It has a seat that does not support your upper back, cramped rear seats, flat seat squabs, a horrendous steering, a sick gear lever, noisy and strained 85 ps mill.

6. Yes - You have not done research

7. 205mm along with the angles are really good, if you have to go off roading. 180 is good enough (2.5 cm difference - two fingerbreaths). Structurraly, all are cheap european build. (Duster is the cheapest "suv" in the UK)

8. It does sell well. It was a market hit. It wont stay there for long.
For an average person a car is more than 2 airbags, ABS and an AC. It needs comfortable interiors, good ergonomics, good ride and handling, should have a wow factor and many many attributes.

Breeza will be a market hit. S cross will linger on like the Ritz. Duster / Terrano ll end soon (Terrano is already dead).

9. Resale is good . I am not sure. - I would like more some comments on the duster resale value.
A great point-wise answer.
The Duster was a head turner when it was introduced, no doubt. But Renault took the Indian Customer for granted. Instead of adding on to the features, they added on to the price.
Brezza will definitely go places. It's like the neighborhood fast food shop which knows the right spices to add to the dish. Lot's of features and a frugal diesel engine is going to be a BOX OFFICE hit.
If anything, this post got me hooked onto doing a detailed analysis of the Indian SUVs on offer, thugh I'm a Verna guy...!!
Old 16th August 2016, 12:03   #120
BHPian

A picture, they say, speaks a thousand words, and therefore,

Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross-sb_front.jpg

Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross-sb_side.jpg

Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross-sb_rear.jpg
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks