Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 20:01   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross

Since your budget is at 10 lakhs showroom price, I would suggest you look at second hand models from the germans. An A class petrol after 3 years is only being sold at 12 lakhs. So I'm guessing you could pay that if you are interested in a second hand. The bmw 1's are also available for such prices. Have a look if you like and if you are interested in only new cars, i suggest waiting for the S-cross, the new one is due very soon, 2017 first quarter i think. Due to the low sales you could easily pick top model for this budget, just wait till new years. I am a sucker for the S-cross, i think its the better looking on this side of 15 lakhs.
Old 18th August 2016, 15:06   #122
BHPian

If there's one thread on Team-BHP that describes my car journey over the last year, it's this one!

I swung from a near-certain decision to buy the S-Cross to the Brezza to the Creta and back to the S-Cross before finally settling on the Brezza!!

Yes, I was a very confused man. But the state of confusion was compounded by the overlapping price points.

If there are other readers out there who are confused between the S-Cross and the Brezza, I share your pain and hope you find comfort in a firm decision soon!

My decision to buy the Vitara Brezza came down to a few important things:
1. HIGH ground clearance and a proper SUV feel from the driver's seat
2. Brezza ZDI offers (arguably) more valuable features and comes at a 30k lower price point than a Sigma 1.3 Delta (Though I will sorely miss the front armrest)
3. The Brezza is likely to hold its value better 5-6 years down the road because of a larger buyer base and higher perceived popularity.

While I can say that my heart is very much with the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta (the variant I would have bought without any qualms), I feel like I struck the best balance with the Brezza ZDI.

But the bottom line is that you cannot go wrong with either of these machines. So whichever one you pick, don't fret about not picking the other!
Pyrotek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 17:40   #123
BHPian

Quote:
2. Brezza ZDI offers (arguably) more valuable features and comes at a 30k lower price point than a Sigma 1.3 Delta (Though I will sorely miss the front armrest)

You need not miss the arm rest any more. You can fix it from the showroom for 3500, available as original accessory. Check this and related posts http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4000795

Last edited by Eddy : 20th August 2016 at 00:48. Reason: fixed the quotes
Old 20th August 2016, 00:31   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
You need not miss the arm rest any more. You can fix it from the showroom for 3500, available as original accessory. Check this and related posts http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4000795
This just made my day. I will be sure to get this from the dealer. Thanks MSAneesh.
Old 21st September 2016, 14:00   #125
BHPian

Bump! Did the OP buy any vehicle?
Old 24th January 2017, 20:53   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
1. Brezza ZDI offers (arguably) more valuable features and comes at a 30k lower price point than a Sigma 1.3 Delta (Though I will sorely miss the front armrest)
2. The Brezza is likely to hold its value better 5-6 years down the road because of a larger buyer base and higher perceived popularity.
Hope you've got your Brezza by this time. Please do post any negatives. I'm in the same kind of dilemma as you.

If there's any member who owns both the Cars, they can update how do the Vehicles age..

Why do you think that the resale value for S Cross is Bad?
Old 24th January 2017, 21:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Hope you've got your Brezza by this time. Please do post any negatives. I'm in the same kind of dilemma as you.

If there's any member who owns both the Cars, they can update how do the Vehicles age..

Why do you think that the resale value for S Cross is Bad?
S-Cross 1.3 will probably hold better than 1.6. Otherwise, the Brezza is a blockbuster hit while the S-Cross is at best, an average car (talking by applying majority buyer's criteria here). So it is sure that the Brezza will hold better value than the S-Cross.
Old 24th January 2017, 22:05   #128
BHPian

S-Cross 1.6 if you like to drive. Else Ecosport as Brezza is under-powered, sub-par quality and overall not a good package except Maruti name.

If someone was to remove Maruti tagging you will not consider it at even half the price.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 16:34   #129
BHPian

I have been pointed out today that I have not updated this thread(being the OP) regarding my purchase or ownership of the car I chose.
My car buying plans got pushed due to various priorities. Finally went ahead with my plans in Feb 2017. The choice was a no brainer after TD-ing the Scross 1.6 and chose to get the beast in caffeine brown.
So much has been said and done since the car was launched in India and reviewed by tbhp(scross review thread is evidence of it). I do not have anything new to add here. But hope fully will add an ownership review sometime soon.
Finally need to thank all tbhpians who have provided invaluable information on this thread and others to help me with the decision.

Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross-img_20170330_205345.jpg

Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross-402.jpg

Last edited by jaunthead : 20th June 2017 at 16:40.
jaunthead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 17:53   #130
BHPian

Isn't the build quality of S-Cross different from the rest for the Maruti cars . This what the Official review says "It is a solidly built car that feels more European than Japanese." This reason alone should make consider S Cross instead of Brezza and I don't see this point being discussed when the comparison is made . I would just buy the S Cross for build quality and for long term and that would be the only Maruti I would buy out of the 20 lot cars .
Old 2nd July 2017, 22:48   #131
BANNED

Happy to note that jaunthead took this thread to a conclusion. But, there are so many people here suggesting the S-Cross 1.6, I did want to throw in this thread from 100BHP - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...is-engine.html

The above thread and the fact that Maruti appears to be discontinuing 1.6 in the facelift is slightly scary to me. Incidentally, I saw three 2016 S-Cross 1.6 lit on sale on OLX. Does that mean that the 1.6 mill is troublesome?

It would be great to hear some thoughts from others. Can we also get a quick headcount of the number of S-Cross 1.6 owners here?
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:45   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post

The above thread and the fact that Maruti appears to be discontinuing 1.6 in the facelift is slightly scary to me. Incidentally, I saw three 2016 S-Cross 1.6 lit on sale on OLX. Does that mean that the 1.6 mill is troublesome?

Don't think Maruti is discontinuing the 1.6 as I read recently that Maruti is importing them for the facelift S-Cross. I own a Brezza ZDi+ for last 1 year and have been very happy with its overall performance. It's an All rounder. Though I haven't driven a 1.6 S-Cross but my father test drove it and simply loved the power and build quality. Even the owners have great stories to share about their love for the 1.6, though there has been few exceptions like any other car. I personally don't like the looks of the S-Cross and IMO the Brezza looks lot better. Moreover, Brezza will fetch you a better resale value as compared to S-Cross. The initial pricing and the looks of S-Cross was a deal breaker for the lower sale figures.

Slightly deviating from the subject, but I would have loved to buy a Brezza with a 1.6, had Maruti considered launching it with two engine options of 1.3 and 1.6, just like the S-Cross. I am sure, that would have been a brilliant combination and many enthusiasts like me would have loved to own one.
Old 3rd July 2017, 00:27   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Slightly deviating from the subject, but I would have loved to buy a Brezza with a 1.6, had Maruti considered launching it with two engine options of 1.3 and 1.6, just like the S-Cross. I am sure, that would have been a brilliant combination and many enthusiasts like me would have loved to own one.
They wouldn't do it because that's the USP of the upcoming Vitara, which is confirmed for India as per various sources, but not spied on test yet.

Vitara would be priced parallel to the SCross. And it looks like a bigger Brezza. So they need to differentiate the two w.r.t engines. Vitara is rumoured to be getting the 1.4 boosterjet and 1.6 diesel, while Brezza will be limited to 1L boosterjet and 1.3L diesel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:39   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They wouldn't do it because that's the USP of the upcoming Vitara, which is confirmed for India as per various sources, but not spied on test yet.

Vitara would be priced parallel to the SCross. And it looks like a bigger Brezza. So they need to differentiate the two w.r.t engines. Vitara is rumoured to be getting the 1.4 boosterjet and 1.6 diesel, while Brezza will be limited to 1L boosterjet and 1.3L diesel.
1.6 for Vitara? Without localising that engine how are they planning to make it sell? If indeed it comes with 1.6, I think many people who did not buy the S Cross because of the looks, will go for the Vitara.

Any chance of Maruti getting its hand on the 2 litre Multijet from FCA?
Old 1st October 2017, 16:00   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti has launched S-Cross face-lift with very good pricing. As per my RM there are many internal booking transfer from Brezza ZDI + to S-Cross Zeta. It's a no brainer now. S-Cross Zeta is priced only 30K more than Brezza top end. Brezza had 215/60 R16 tyres and Halogen projectors as additional features before. Now it's available even in S-Cross Zeta.

For 30K more with S-Cross Zeta :
1. Android Auto
2. All 4 disc brakes
3. Bigger car (more space, comfort and handling)
4. Telescopic Steering

Looks are subjective though. Brezza has only advantage : Ground Clearance!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st October 2017 at 16:03.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed