Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Hyundai Creta AT 119 37.54%
Honda BR-V CVT 51 16.09%
Ford EcoSport DCT 147 46.37%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 23:23   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Best Petrol Automatic SUV for City Use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
The CVT variant of the Duster does not have rear AC vents. It's the most comfortable in the back among these, by a wide margin.
Forgot to mention, do check for A/C performance too. Using the front A/C alone in the Terrano that I've traveled in extensively, it struggles to cool the cabin on hot days. Duster may be similar unless it has a higher capacity compressor (which I doubt since they're just re-badged, mechanically identical cars).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 00:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
  • Average Distance Traveled Per Month: 1,250 kilometres.
  • Any Specific Requirements from Car: I have a thing for the latest whiz bang gadgetry, so I want a car that is up to date with them. It should be fun to drive, for the times I have to drive it myself. It should have high enough ground clearance to take on the rough roads of Siliguri as well as occasional trips to the nearby hills of Bhutan, Darjeeling and Sikkim. The rear seat should easily accommodate three people, and generally be a comfortable place to be in. The interiors should be a class apart.
I think the answer to your query is none of the cars mentioned above. Most of these cars are narrow that you won't be able to seat 3 abreast in back row. The BR-V offers the convenience of the third row, but its interiors are drab and "class apart" is something that can never be used to describe it and it lacks lot of fancy gadgets. If you are fine with it, then go for it. The 1.5 engine of BR-V does not come under the cess hike, so ideally Honda should not be increasing price of this car.

The other option, I think you should consider (even though it involves a significant stretch of budget) is Tata Hexa XMA. Your 1250 km running is in grey area of Petrol vs Diesel. Hexa is one of the most comfortable car in this price range, is rugged for you to take all terrains, and has the gadgets that you desire. It satisfies all the requirements that you have. Even though its 1.5 lakh more expensive, you get back few of those with diesel, and you get a car thats better value than any of the ones mentioned previously.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 09:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

From personal experience:

EcoSport ticks off most criteria except that the rear bench cannot fit three adults.

Duster has a very stable ride on broken roads but a very poor a/c.

The EcoSport and Creta facelifts are around the corner so you'd want to wait anyway.
Old 1st September 2017, 12:02   #64
BHPian

Re: Petrol AT SUV shootout: Creta vs BR-V vs EcoSport

I’ve decided to wait till the end of this month and then decide between the Captur, EcoSport facelift and S-Cross facelift, if all three have been revealed by then.
Old 2nd November 2017, 18:45   #65
BHPian

With the launch of the EcoSport facelift, Ford has widened its lead over its chief competitor, the Hyundai Creta. Here’s a full list of features you get in the Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium+ AT, over and above those offered by the Creta:

Safety and Security
  • Steering with Pull Drift Compensation
  • Telescopic Steering Adjustment
  • Approach Lights
  • Emergency Brake Light Flashing
  • High Speed Warning
  • Ford MyKey
  • EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA
  • Cruise Control with Adjustable Speed Limiter Device
  • Side and Curtain Airbags

Comfort and Convenience
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Automatic Headlamps
  • Paddle Shift

Infotainment and Connectivity
  • SYNC 3 (with Voice Control)
  • 8-inch Touchscreen

Exterior
  • Wiper with Anti-Drip Wipe
  • LED Day Time Running Lamps

Interior
  • Premium Leather Seats
  • Sporty Alloy Pedal
  • Cargo Area Management System - Flat Bed Seats

Instrumentation and Lighting
  • Onboard Trip Computer with Control on Steering Wheel
  • Distance to Empty
  • Average and Instant Fuel Consumption
  • Outside Temperature Sensor
  • Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
  • Puddle Lamps on Outside Mirrors
  • Multicolour Footwell Ambient Lighting
  • Glove Box Illumination

The final and biggest advantage is, of course, price.
aryayush is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 19:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

The key is the pricing of the new Ecosport. Ecosport loses big time to Creta in terms of rear bench space and boot space. Creta is more practical than Ecosport. There is no Diesel AT in Ecosport as well.
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

My only probelm with the Ecosport is the boot space.

At 363 ltrs, its even less than compact Sedans like Amaze, Tigor and Xcent.

Now for a person upgrading from a CS or a hatchback - where is the value addition in buying the Ecosport in terms of better interior/luggage space ? In India, luggage space is a big criteria while buying a car.

The BRV with 600 odd ltrs of boot space(with third row folded) starts looking a value proposition.
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:49   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Now for a person upgrading from a CS or a hatchback - where is the value addition in buying the Ecosport in terms of better interior/luggage space ? In India, luggage space is a big criteria while buying a car.
Limited by the parcel tray to 363 litres. If you remove the parcel tray, the boot space goes up a lot. You can stack luggage up to the (extended) rear head-rest level. You can't do this in sedans

Quote:
The BRV with 600 odd ltrs of boot space(with third row folded) starts looking a value proposition.
Like this, eh?

Petrol AT SUV shootout: Creta vs BR-V vs EcoSport-20160925_105733.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 13:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

If you are a single car family and do a decent amount of traveling (or entertaining visitors), the Hyundai Creta is probably a better choice than the Ford EcoSport, mainly due to the larger interior space on offer (both for luggage and passengers).

But if the EcoSport is going to be the second or third car in the family, it makes a lot of sense to make it the primary commuter vehicle and benefit from its class leading safety features, excellent driving characteristics and fancy equipment, while still keeping a more spacious vehicle on hand for those times when you need it.

We currently have a Hyundai Santro and Verna and are upgrading from the Santro to the EcoSport. Space-wise, the EcoSport is definitely a downgrade from the Verna (which is my primary vehicle right now) but I still plan to switch to it for my daily use. The Verna will do duty when its spaciousness is specifically needed or when both cars need to be active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Limited by the parcel tray to 363 litres. If you remove the parcel tray, the boot space goes up a lot. You can stack luggage up to the (extended) rear head-rest level. You can't do this in sedans
You can (and will), of course, do this. The theoretical limit of 352 litres can easily be stretched up to about 450 – 500 litres by removing the parcel shelf and stacking luggage. It certainly seems more spacious than my Verna’s massive boot that way.
aryayush is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 15:39   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

Like this, eh?

Attachment 1692031
Smartcat - speaking of the boot space, how do you open the boot of the BR-V? From what I have observed in the official review, it doesn't come with a boot opening lid in the cabin, nor is there a remote button on the key. Would be a nightmare if one has to physically open the boot every time one goes to the mall, as I'm sure the mall guys wouldn't be very conversant with the boot opening mechanism.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 16:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Smartcat - speaking of the boot space, how do you open the boot of the BR-V? From what I have observed in the official review, it doesn't come with a boot opening lid in the cabin, nor is there a remote button on the key. Would be a nightmare if one has to physically open the boot every time one goes to the mall, as I'm sure the mall guys wouldn't be very conversant with the boot opening mechanism.
If you unlock the driver side door from inside and key is inside the car, security guy can open simply by pressing the sensor. I think mall guys are pretty much aware as with this as I have not faced any problem till now.
arun_kun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 18:41   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
how do you open the boot of the BR-V?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
If you unlock the driver side door from inside and key is inside the car, security guy can open simply by pressing the sensor.
Honda BR-V have customizable door lock/unlock facility. In my car, all I need to do is move the gear lever to P and all doors/ boot get unlocked. The security guy can then press the sensor above the number plate to open the boot. This is useful in other circumstances too - many passengers have the habit of yanking at the door lever as soon as the vehicle stops at a destination. The door will immediately open because I would have moved the gear lever to P.

Also, the system can also be programmed in such a way that as soon as the gear lever moved to D (from P), all doors and boot locks. I haven't done this because anyway it auto-locks at 15 kmph.

Looks like all Hondas have this feature:

BR-V owners can refer to page 104 of their manual (customization of auto door lock/unlock feature)

Last edited by SmartCat : 8th November 2017 at 18:44.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 23:52   #73
BHPian

Bumping up this thread.

My friend is interested in the Ecosport and Creta as his next vehicle.
Since he is not a member of our forum, he has asked me to post this query on his behalf.
Due to very low running, he has short listed the petrol automatic versions of each vehicle.
I have asked him to defer his decision till the Creta facelift is launched which according to the Hyundai Showroom he visited is expected in June 2018.

My query is - what should tilt the decision toward the facelifted Creta vs the already launched Ecosport.

Thank you in advance.
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:49   #74
BHPian

^ Space. If the Creta is one size smaller than the Ideal Compact SUV, the Ecosport is another 1-2 size smaller !
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Bumping up this thread.

My friend is interested in the Ecosport and Creta as his next vehicle.
Since he is ..

.. expected in June 2018.

My query is - what should tilt the decision toward the facelifted Creta vs the already launched Ecosport.

Thank you in advance.
I believe the current generation Creta AT does not have Electronic Stability Control(ESC) - and this could be relevant if is of the important parameters being considered.
AutoSphere is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks