Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2016, 11:18   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra: TUV300 vs Bolero Power+

Between the Bolero & TUV300, it's no contest. The TUV300 walks all over Mahindra's antique workhorse. It's a big step forward for Mahindra in that segment. The only problem with the original launch spec was the lack of horsepower, but that was eventually fixed in the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Long time I haven't posted. We need to buy a second go-anywhere car for home.
Quote:
I considered various small cars but it needed to be slightly higher as Mom's pretty old now, and ingress and egress would be a problem.
Problem with any body-on-frame UV.

For your usage (since the requirement is comfort & a smaller footprint), I'd also recommend the monocoques - Ertiga, EcoSport, Mobilio (phenomenal discounts), Vitara Brezza & Renault Lodgy. Including the Lodgy only because of the massive price cut & its 'magic carpet' ride quality which will be a boon on those kind of roads.

Rest assured, unless you need to carry heavy loads or offroad, the monocoques will last just as long as the body-on-frames. Plus, their narrower width will make it easy to manouveur through your town.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:33   #17
BHPian

Thank you for all the feedback guys. I decided to go for the option of a small car for town and children's school duties.

Right now we have the Innova for family and highway duties, my personal Fiesta Sport and the Gypsy for Heavy work.

Was on the verge of getting a Wagon R - the sensible choice, but decided to book the Ignis. Will probably get it if it isn't priced too high. Or else I'll choose between the Wagon R and the Tata Tiago.

Last edited by Puffdamgcdragon : 5th January 2017 at 16:34.
Old 17th January 2017, 14:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
.... And if you are open to other cars, consider the small crossover SUV's like the Ecosport or Brezza.
Ecosport or Brezza are front wheel drive vehicles so not real SUVs. They won't be able to get you out of trouble on broken hilly roads any better than a car with good G.C. A true SUV would at least have rear wheel drive power transmission.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Ecosport or Brezza are front wheel drive vehicles so not real SUVs. They won't be able to get you out of trouble on broken hilly roads any better than a car with good G.C. A true SUV would at least have rear wheel drive power transmission.
Actually anything without a 4x4 is not a true SUV, Rwd or Fwd does not make them any more capable, locals at all hilly locations have all kinds and Fwd and Rwd, all of them work just fine. For really tough stuff, 4x4 is required.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 18:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Actually anything without a 4x4 is not a true SUV, Rwd or Fwd does not make them any more capable, locals at all hilly locations have all kinds and Fwd and Rwd, all of them work just fine. For really tough stuff, 4x4 is required.
The most problematic situation is when one encounters broken stretch while going uphill. In RWD vehicle the load bias shifts to rear wheels which helps in establishing more traction. For the same reason, the front wheels in FWD vehicle tend to lose traction and freewheel.
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Bolero was even then the most sought after personal and also official vehicle. Most of the Sikkim Ministers and bureaucrats had an official Bolero. I am not sure as to what their official vehicle is right now ?

In fact, Mahindra taxis apart from Sumos and Taveras too are seen all around performing their duties from Siliguri to Gangtok and beyond Gangtok and so on.
Hello, the Bolero still holds good for our terrains here now, although unlike the days you were posted here, ministers and top bureaucrats have graduated to Fortuner, Scorpio S10+ but still majority of the Government Vehicles are Boleros. TUV on the other hand has not found much takers primarily due to less torque and its consequences.
Taxi segment is primarily dominated by old age Mahindra Maxx and Sumos and Xylos and Innovas.
Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 15:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Thank you for all the feedback guys. I decided to go for the option of a small car for town and children's school duties.

Was on the verge of getting a Wagon R - the sensible choice, but decided to book the Ignis. Will probably get it if it isn't priced too high. Or else I'll choose between the Wagon R and the Tata Tiago.
Even after over an year of starting this thread, I still do not seem to know which vehicle did you finally buy? Was it the Ignis or Bolero Power+ or TUV or what?

If you still haven't bought any vehicle, I have enquired through my in-laws in Kalimpong that Bolero LX 4x4 is available for sale (to private buyers as well) in Siliguri for sale in that region, you may look at that as well. It will definitely be very utilitarian, but will serve you well and take you easily even till Tsomgo Lake and Nathu La...
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 19:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Even after over an year of starting this thread, I still do not seem to know which vehicle did you finally buy? Was it the Ignis or Bolero Power+ or TUV or what?

If you still haven't bought any vehicle, I have enquired through my in-laws in Kalimpong that Bolero LX 4x4 is available for sale (to private buyers as well) in Siliguri for sale in that region, you may look at that as well. It will definitely be very utilitarian, but will serve you well and take you easily even till Tsomgo Lake and Nathu La...
Hello,

I bought the Ignis last year for local town short errands and kid's school duties and I sold my Innova and bought the Hexa in Jan this year.

I'd be interested in the Bolero 4x4. ( I recently sold my Gypsy too) Thank you. How can I get in touch with you or them?
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks