Team-BHP - Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/183773-tata-hexa-vs-xuv500-vs-innova-crysta-vs-others-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 4333355)
Many advising against TATA (Hexa) citing the reliability & service issues

I've met 1-2 owners, both XTA. They are both happy with their steeds. The Aria had teething problems, ACM's ownership here is traumatic to read. However I have been following the later Aria ownerships (2014 and beyond) were all positive.

One thing though, the Hexa is an additional 200+ mm length than the XUV, which you might want to test ride and see.

For 2-3L longevity factor, you can look at the overpriced Innova. AWD is alien language. You're budget too has to swell by a few lakhs.

Hexa was high on my list, till my car budget diminished :uncontrol

CRV should come in diesel guise by March, this information was passed on by local dealer, so you may wait out on that.
- MU-X
- Tucson

Used Ford Endeavour or Fortuner or Pajero (Sports). Any information on the updated XUV launch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4333384)
CRV should come in diesel guise by March,
- MU-X
- Tucson

I thought about the Tuscon top-end, but 7 seater seems high on the OPs priorities. MU-X would be only one satisfying that criteria.

The budget is also quite off, all 3 cars have already breached 3 million rupees on road in Madras. CR-V diesel will be all the more expensive, should be 35L when its launched.

Quote:

0. Reliability ( should be very much reliable)
1. 7 seater
2. AWD or 4X4 (Not for an off roading, but to get out of any tricky situations eg-Slush)
3. Safety ( 70% will be highway drives)
4. Power and Handling ( will be very useful for highway drives)
5. Built (Will be there for minimum 5-6 yrs/200K-300K kms)
6. 18-22L

Considering your requirements, I would advise you to sacrifice on the the AWD part. Most vehicles are able to get out of tricky situations we usually face on the road. Unless you face such slushy environments on a day to day basis, sideline this requirement. Help can always be arranged should you find yourself trapped in such a situation on the rare ocassion, and am sure that help won't cost as much as AWD.

Considering the rest of your requirements, it falls bang in Toyota Innova territory. It has a proven track record of reliability, can go on for lakhs of kilometers, good engine and gearbox, and is quite a well built 7 seater.

Been watching Hexa owners experiences & seems most of them are happy with their decision. But when it comes to question on the long term reliability, I have decided to go slow on this particular choice.

I thought CRV would be within the range of 25L (on road). if its 35L, I would go with new endeavor 3.2 unless CRV has to unique advantages over it, 35L is well above the budget.
Always the Toyota reliability that people talk about keeps pulling me & have seen Innova's doing in excess of solid 3L kms. AWD will give confidence while touring to places like North East. Especially when we want to explore some off beat places.

Used new endy 2.2 (4x4) & 3.2 (trend) are available in the range of 23L which is 20 months old & done 25k km. Expecting such used vehicles to hit the market in more numbers in coming months. Is it true that 2.2 runs out of breath at 120-130 kmph on highways?

I have no idea on XUV 170 Bhp version launch with few tweaks on both exterior and interior. This will surely make the job easy to come to a conclusion.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Quote:

Requirement for the new vehicles

0. Reliability ( should be very much reliable)
1. 7 seater
2. AWD or 4X4 (Not for an off roading, but to get out of any tricky situations eg-Slush)
3. Safety ( 70% will be highway drives)
4. Power and Handling ( will be very useful for highway drives)
5. Built (Will be there for minimum 5-6 yrs/200K-300K kms)
6. 18-22L

Considering your requirements and Budget, One of the top two in the following poll should be your choice IMO
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...p-compass.html

If 7 seats and an SUV is the requirement at that budget, look no further than the Hexa. It is after all the runner up on our COTY.

Innova 2.8Z will suit you if you do not want the Hexa. Except for the 4WD it is a fantastic highway cruiser and the seats and comfort is probably unmatched.

Jeep 7 seater is now being tested in China, I do not see it making its debut for atleast another 18 months. Jeep needs to launch its Compass diesel automatic and then the Renegade.

The XUV 170 bhp version just would not make sense, you do not want to feel you are in the same car for a decade. Also a simple remap on your existing XUV will take you to that mark.

How often do you need the 7 seats? If the answer is not often, go for the Compass and hire an Innova/XUV when you need the 7 seats.

A used Fortuner will serve you well. A 50k to 80k driven tfort should feel like just the running in has been done and you should have a few lakhs of kms left on it.
Gives you the awd also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 4333496)
I thought CRV would be within the range of 25L (on road)...if its 35L,.

This is the price bracket which was hinted by the dealer, but Honda has its own ways to price their cars and it isn't even launched yet and there are no official confirmations from Honda, so if you are willing to wait, this maybe considered, else...a used Toyota Fortuner can be upgraded to and you can change its shock absorbers for a more comfortable ride.

The S11 Scorpio 4WD or Storme VX 4X4 don't rock your boat? Please go to test drive both of them once f you want a new vehicle.

The last row (6&7) seats comes handy when kids jump in with adult family members occupying the first two rows. Mostly this would be for unplanned shorter distance rides. On long trips, extending over a week, the huge luggage space with last row folded is very helpful. If its a 5 seater, JEEP is an easy option for me as I like the looks very much plus excellent rating on TBHP official review as an overall product.

Used Fortuner 4x4 is also on the radar. Two things that bothers me on TBHP official review are just 2 Airbags & rear drum brakes. Else compromise on AWD & go for a Toyota Innova 2.8. Advantage with Toyota is the long term reliability.

Did a very short test drive of HEXA long back and not much impressed as the surge Iam used to on XUV is not there. With almost all box getting ticked, i have to give it a try again esp with not many bad niggles and reviews being reported. Prefer to go with this, if I decide to go with TATA over Scorpio & Strome

If its a used one, it can be an new endeavor or old fortuner. CRV, XUV 170 AWD, Innova 2.8, Hexa if its a new one.

Quote:

PS: Many advising against TATA (Hexa) citing the reliability & service issues

Not sure the reasons as to why someone would advise you against it. The owners have all had good experiences with TASS and few have even clocked upwards of 30K kms.
The mechanicals and engine are proven with time. It is just the electronics and cosmetic changes that are new and i don't think those will just start dropping off few years down the line!

Hexa albeit a new car, has its roots since a decade in this market. And i found the after sales experience way better than Hyundai's without spending a single penny till date (has 17K kms on the ODO).

Would recommend you to take a TD of the Auto version as i feel the gearbox is much much advanced than cars even a few segments above (love the torque converter unit!).

PS: The engine may not be as peppy as the XUV, but its the way it rides that matters!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_bang (Post 4333519)
A used Fortuner will serve you well. A 50k to 80k driven tfort should feel like just the running in has been done and you should have a few lakhs of kms left on it.
Gives you the awd also.

Went through a fortuner ad. 2014, 4X4 Manual done closer to 30k with service records, quoting around 23L. And another ad for a 2016 New Ford Endy 3.2 trend, 30k on odo with service records. Not much a difference between trend and titanium excepts the 2 vs 6 airbags (which is a major feature in terms of safety). Between fortuner & endy both offer same 2 airbags, but Endy offers more power & better braking. Will give an attempt to negotiate the price and see how best I could bring them on

What would be the opinion of folks on this comparison after the recent launch of the updated XUV500? I feel the updated XUV500 might take away a few more votes now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilch (Post 4401909)
What would be the opinion of folks on this comparison after the recent launch of the updated XUV500? I feel the updated XUV500 might take away a few more votes now?

The new XUV doesn't excite much when it comes to the interiors as it's the same decade old layout. The new engine is peppier than the old though. Looks are subjective and for me, the rear looks better than the innova-like front. Has more features but there's no improvement on the driveability front.

Coming to Hexa, there's no much changes to the product apart from a new ECU update. TATA have effectively solved the gargle issue finally and there is no much lag either. Few folks used to feel the engine to be lethargic including myself. But post this update, despite the weight, am pretty sure it is as quick as the XUV in city!
Personally speaking, City drives are much comfortable after getting used to the laid back posture and smooth gearbox.

To answer your question, XUV already used to sell more and will continue to do so while hexa will always sell around 1K units unless TATA open up for commercial registrations (hope they don't!).
Votes in this forum might maintain a similar trend as before, as i feel, enthusiasts prefer a car that drives well than the features or looks! Atleast that's what i think so no offence to folks with opposing perceptions!

After taking 4 test drives of Hexa and 3 of XUV500 (1 of Innova Crysta but it's illogically overpriced) I have finally booked XUV500 W11 AT Opt variant. Have gone in details through the niggles thread and keeping my fingers crossed. Initially I was planning to go for Ford Endeavour, however, in life, things don't go as we plan and when my budget suddenly dropped, I was left with only two choices of Hexa and XUV500.

Hexa, as I've mentioned in my previous posts on this thread, is immaculately made but leaves a lot to be desired. Tata should have thrown all bells and whistles in a 20 lakh car. Where XUV500 scores is that it makes you feel like a king, pampers you in that price bracket. We can't compare XUV500 to Ford Endeavour or Toyota Fortuner at all but in 20 lakh range it's the most VFM vehicle.

Now just twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the delivery of my new steed in Mystic Copper colour :).