Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/183773-tata-hexa-vs-xuv500-vs-innova-crysta-vs-others-17.html)

allinbalance 16th November 2019 16:34

Re: Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others

Quote:

Originally Posted by balderash_12 (Post 4558678)
:OT A person I know well has purchased the Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX AT as a replacement for their Hyundai Verna SX CRDi. Speaks volumes about the sheer brand attraction. One of the key influencing decisions behind voting for the Crysta. The Indian customer has an elephantís memory (I donít though, canít seem to remember from where I stole this particular line from lol: ) and they will not forget the Ariaís issues.

@balderash_12, This is a significant input. I happen to be in the same position at this time. My Hyundai Verna SX has reached retirement age (7 years old) and I am in the market for a Rs 21-23 lakhs MUV (need min 7 seats and optionally at least 600 liter luggage carrying capacity).

I am vacillating between Crysta VX and Tata Hexa. The other candidates in @Aditya's list have been dissected enough on this thread by forum members, but I would like all to comment on my two fundamental doubts -

1. Crysta reliability and manufacturer's engineering excellence has no comparison, if that is so why need 5000KM service calls? I mean is it because they keep cleaning up inside that the car shows little/no failure? Its very inconvenient though!

2. Hexa is a amazing package but, a brilliant car with a dodgy service experience does not work well. Specially after spending Rs 22-23 lakhs (ORP in Bangalore for Hexa). I have heard hair raising stories about Tata service centers.

gutsy 16th November 2019 17:08

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by allinbalance (Post 4693994)
I am in the market for a Rs 21-23 lakhs MUV (need min 7 seats and optionally at least 600 liter luggage carrying capacity).

Wait for MG Hector's 7 seat. Hopefully they launch it soon in India after tasting success with their 5 seat one :)

Attachment 1935474

Attachment 1935475

allinbalance 16th November 2019 17:23

@gutsy My concern remains the same! MG Hector is a hit product, connected car technology, a lot of tech packed into it — true, but the company is just in —there is no service track record and even if they try hard they will need time to build a good one.

As you can guess, I am looking at an MPV which is a highway cruiser — I have long commute and luggage to move. A good service assurance is a key concern. :)

gutsy 16th November 2019 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by allinbalance (Post 4694008)
@gutsy My concern remains the same! MG Hector is a hit product, connected car technology, a lot of tech packed into it ó true, but the company is just in óthere is no service track record and even if they try hard they will need time to build a good one.

They do have GM experience and legacy. As you may know MG Hector is nothing but Chevy Captiva. So, they may build the network fast and quick in India.

5kmiles 17th November 2019 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by allinbalance (Post 4693994)
@balderash_12, This is a significant input. I happen to be in the same position at this time. My Hyundai Verna SX has reached retirement age (7 years old) and I am in the market for a Rs 21-23 lakhs MUV (need min 7 seats and optionally at least 600 liter luggage carrying capacity).

I am vacillating between Crysta VX and Tata Hexa. The other candidates in @Aditya's list have been dissected enough on this thread by forum members, but I would like all to comment on my two fundamental doubts -

1. Crysta reliability and manufacturer's engineering excellence has no comparison, if that is so why need 5000KM service calls? I mean is it because they keep cleaning up inside that the car shows little/no failure? Its very inconvenient though!

2. Hexa is a amazing package but, a brilliant car with a dodgy service experience does not work well. Specially after spending Rs 22-23 lakhs (ORP in Bangalore for Hexa). I have heard hair raising stories about Tata service centers.

I bought Hexa 4x4 after evaluating most of the options. Hector was not considered due to its Chinese origins and they will take at least a couple of years to get the product quality right. Hexa, as a stand alone product, is a brilliant offering. Even for 4x2, I would have picked Hexa over Innova. Option of 4x4 was icing on the cake. Steering and gearbox stiffness is hugely overstated in the online reviews of auto mags. Coming from XUV, I find it fairly comfortable to drive. Did a 5 hour drive in Delhi during Diwali traffic. Gearbox is notchy in first two years but getting better as I put the miles on her.

Service experience for Tata is not bad. I owned Manza for 1.25L KMS. It needs effort to extract service but it is good enough. I can assure you that Tata responds when customer has trouble. Have had a minor issue with my car registration and raised it on Twitter. Mail with right folks from Tata and dealership was initiated by the company and issue resolved.

Toyota sales experience with MGF Toyota in Gurgaon was sickening. I think their service experience comes out great because their cars need so little service or repair & maintenance.