Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 19:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think the forrester has been discontinued in India and dont think you can get them now,regarding tuscon it too may not be suitable for your adventerous drives.

One question is will you drive from your house till the farm in this 4X4 only or will you be keeping this vehicle only at the farm and using it basically for your ride at the farm only[i.e. will there be any city/highway drive for this vehicle as well].
Since if its to be only for your farm use ,the best vehicle would be a mahindra 4X4 jeep,which is what we do in our village and trust me these are very capable offroaders as well.

Else the safari is the obvious choice,since abusing a ford may have serious financial implications.
Old 26th October 2006, 20:19   #17
BHPian

for most of the part its going to be a 100km highway drive and then a 20km strech of dirt track, so imm kinda looking at safari as fitting the bill as of now but more than the big problems its the small ridiculous problems that bother me . stuff that other manufacturers had dealt with and taken care of decades ago. well i guess atleast i wont be left stranded right ?

Oh ! and i did decide to pick up a copy of autocar , looking through it i happened to find in the price section at the end of the mag that fords planning on a CDI launch at the end of the year ? anyone know anything about that ?

Last edited by NikN : 26th October 2006 at 20:21.
Old 26th October 2006, 20:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debasischatterj
Please PM rrnsss.He is the proud owner of Judo and Gurkha of force motors.He has wealth of info.Indian Army uses both.Also go to the search option for Judo,Gurkha.They are custom built and the most reliable offroaders.
Hmmm....would you want to compromise comfort 98% of the time just because you HAVE to wade through some slush for the remaining 2%? I think not.

He needs a comfortable vehicle, probably with all creature comforts, which can also take some rough terrain in its stride. The 4X4 Safari will meet this requirement quite well - I can vouch for that.
Old 26th October 2006, 20:26   #19
BHPian

I agree , i would definately need the ride to be more than comfortable , if not so much for me than for my 15 year old german shepherd who more often than not takes up the entire cargo space and needs her very own dedicated aircondition vent !
The dogs life I say ! If only....
Old 26th October 2006, 21:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
get the Safari DICOR EX and get it with the extended warranty so that in the likely case that some small niggle comes up, you can always get it fixed under warranty.
If you don't mind a second hand vehicle, why not look at a used endeavour?
A good model should be around 11L.
BTW, will you be using the vehicle everyday?
Cheers

Last edited by lamborghini : 26th October 2006 at 21:19.
Old 26th October 2006, 22:06   #21
BHPian

yeah idd definately be looking at using it everyday , most of my run around town too here in mumbai .
Old 26th October 2006, 22:51   #22
BHPian

you should consider a used forester. those subies are very good in mud, muck and slush. i've had first hand experience(pasenger) of going in an older model through a foot and half of snow, and it was awesome.
size will probably be more manageable for city as well.

you can pretend to be a rally driver on your farm road, too.

Last edited by heelntoe : 26th October 2006 at 22:56.
Old 27th October 2006, 09:42   #23
BHPian

hehe yeah , petter solberg style !
Old 27th October 2006, 10:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikN
happened to find in the price section at the end of the mag that fords planning on a CDI launch at the end of the year ? anyone know anything about that ?
Yeah, ask me about it! Been hearing about it for over a year now, I don't think its going to happen yet.....they've been stealthily increasing the Endeavour prices over the past 6 months by 10 to 15k at a time, all in the name of MP3 player, leather upholstery additions etc etc; increasing prices does not indicate anything new in the offing just yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
why not look at a used endeavour?
A good model should be around 11L.
He'd get a new Safari for that price lambo and I think, as you've pointed out the EX 4X4 fits his bill perfectly. Though a proud Ford owner, I would hesitate picking up that used behemoth at that price

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks