Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 19:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Tucson or VW Tiguan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
37 on-road for Tiguan is the final offer I have.
Looks like the highline version. Remember reading Jaggu's comment (post team-bhp review drive, I believe) that the ride quality is very bad on the Tiguan with the higher spec alloys on the highline version.

Something that may be you would want to cross check before writing the cheque.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th August 2017 at 19:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 20:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the highline version. Remember reading Jaggu's comment (post team-bhp review drive, I believe) that the ride quality is very bad on the Tiguan with the higher spec alloys on the highline version.

Something that may be you would want to cross check before writing the cheque.

Yes HighLine. They have only highline for test drive.

I did test drive of all cars on the same route with around 2km of bad stretch. I actually felt better in Tiguan compared to X1 on those stretch.
4L extra for HighLine is a tough decision, but everyone else at family want sunroof.
sj_koova is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 11:32   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
OR save the 10 lakhs and buy a Octavia TDI DSG L&K.
Not really an upgrade from a Jetta. Better to continue using the VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
What not the Innova 2.8 Z automatic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Have you considered the Hexa?
Very, very good recommendations if OP is willing to overlook SUV-styling & badge. Nothing can beat a captain-seat UV for chauffeur-driven comfort .

Quote:
4L extra for HighLine is a tough decision, but everyone else at family want sunroof.
My personal recommendation - if you have the budget, always go for the top variant, no matter the price difference from the mid. They come with lots of 'feel good' extras that enhance the ownership experience for years.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 17:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

My personal recommendation - if you have the budget, always go for the top variant, no matter the price difference from the mid. They come with lots of 'feel good' extras that enhance the ownership experience for years.
It makes sense because I want to keep my car for 8-10 years. However I wished there were enough distinguishable feature additions on HighLine, for example navigation and active info display etc..

How about resale. Is it easier to sell a base variant compared to higher variant in this segment?
Old 8th August 2017, 18:01   #20
BHPian

The Tiguan to me is not an upgrade over the Jetta and the pricing is just too steep. Did you try something at Volvo? Maybe a discounted S60 Cross Country is the car for you.
Old 8th August 2017, 21:05   #21
BHPian

The Q3 could also be a viable alternative to consider. Looks like Audi India has launched festive season offers on A3, Q3 & A4 models.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...odels/59952951

Seems like attractive deals.

Last edited by geotracks : 8th August 2017 at 21:06. Reason: Posted the correct web link
Old 9th August 2017, 10:32   #22
Team-BHP Support

I won't get into continued ownership if you must change vehicle (although I agree that's the most sensible choice given the options being considered).

The thing about crossovers is that they do cost a lot more for what they offer over comparable segment sedans. So that's where you need to take a call whether you really want to change the Jetta right away.

If you're ok owning a bigger car then certainly Superb / Camry are much better bets and will feel like a proper upgrade.

If you want smaller footprint crossovers, I'd say your best options are Tiguan and X1.

The Tucson will possibly feel like a downgrade after owning a German build Jetta.

I expect the Tiguan to offer a crucial amount of additional comfort in the back seat over the X1. What with the high quality leather and reclining seats.

The X1 will absolutely blast the Tiguan in terms of driving pleasure.

For practicality, both only come with space savers in a wheel well although I suspect the Tiguan will offer a bigger boot.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 11:36   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How about resale. Is it easier to sell a base variant compared to higher variant in this segment?
It's actually easier to sell a higher variant, although the price premium you originally paid (for the top variant) is greatly diminished at the time of resale. As an example, with Civics, I saw a max price difference of 10 - 15k (if at all) between used S & V variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Did you try something at Volvo? Maybe a discounted S60 Cross Country is the car for you.
Less legroom + low rear seat = a poor choice for chauffeur-driven purposes.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 15:58   #24
BHPian

Keeping all of the feedback in mind, I am having another look at Tiguan Comfortline and have convinced the sales person to keep the Tiguan for a night for test drive. Moreover, it would be prudent to get the new vehicle purchase done as price hike to the tune of 10% cess is looming on the horizon.

I agree with Axe77, though Tiguan and X1 are closely matched on pricing, practicality/usage wise, Tiguan is much better and if you are self driven than only X1 makes sense.

I will keep you posted regarding the experience of Tiguan.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:03   #25
BHPian

It is a Tiguan!
HighLine, Atlantic Blue. Delivery expected in 10 days. Was seriously confused between BLUE and SILVER. Since the BULE is available in 10 days and GST evil is haunting me, the decision had to be in favor for BLUE.

Free accessories worth 12k and IND number plates promised by Dealer. Only discount was on insurance. Around 50k less that I would have got if I got the insurance myself.
sj_koova is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
It is a Tiguan!
Congratulations.

I had extensively test driven the Tiguan over a day and a half and looks like i have also fallen for it. Though i am only interested in Comfortline as Highline is a bit of a stretch.

The only thing that bothers me is the stiff ride quality but i am hoping that with 215/65 R 17 tires in Comfortline, it would add a small layer of cushion and improve the ride quality.
Old 11th August 2017, 19:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Tucson or VW Tiguan?

Congrats koova. The Tiguan truly is a niche tasteful choice. It exudes pure class. Please do put up an ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
Congratulations.

I had extensively test driven the Tiguan over a day and a half and looks like i have also fallen for it. Though i am only interested in Comfortline as Highline is a bit of a stretch.

The only thing that bothers me is the stiff ride quality but i am hoping that with 215/65 R 17 tires in Comfortline, it would add a small layer of cushion and improve the ride quality.

I would say try and stretch to the high line if you can - just that pano sunroof itself is magnificent. You do seem to plonk 20k plus kms per year so you're going to spend plenty time in it.

The only good part is that the comfort line is pretty well kitted too. But really that pano sunroof is pure ooomph.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th August 2017 at 19:31.
Old 11th August 2017, 19:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Congrats koova. The Tiguan truly is a niche tasteful choice. It exudes pure class. Please do put up an ownership thread.
Thank you. It was a tough decision after BMW offered massive discounts (close to 3.5L) on X1 XLine. Somewhere I had to listen to my practical brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I would say try and stretch to the high line if you can - just that pano sunroof itself is magnificent. You do seem to plonk 20k plus kms per year so you're going to spend plenty time in it.

The only good part is that the comfort line is pretty well kitted too. But really that pano sunroof is pure ooomph.
I agree. My wife was very impressed with pano sunroof. She thought it makes a big difference when you are at rear seat.
20k km in a year and most of it at the rear asks for that premium.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:52   #29
BHPian

Thanks all for your feedback. I have booked the VW Tiguan Comfortline and expected delivery would be in 15 days.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
Thanks all for your feedback. I have booked the VW Tiguan Comfortline and expected delivery would be in 15 days.
Congratulations bhavit46.

What color and price?

To be frank deciding on Tiguan took a bit of courage and convincing self and family in my case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks