Other (please specify in your post) 24 3.48%
Voters: 689. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 15:24   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
Recently I saw the videos of Jeep Compass being offered in States and both the testers had mentioned that how sluggish the vehicle is.
Is that engine even relevant to the Indian market?

We get totally different engines, and the more relevant 2.0 Multijet is certainly right up there with the others when it comes to performance.

Is one of the highlights of the vehicle as per the Team Bhp review -

Quote:
• Powerful 2.0L diesel. Good driveability in the city, fast on the open road

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th September 2017 at 15:26.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
I voted for the Creta
More than the bling, it's the reliability of a product that paramount for me. Recently I saw the videos of Jeep Compass being offered in States and both the testers had mentioned that how sluggish the vehicle is.
That is a matter of concern for those interested in the Petrol version, like me. USA gets larger 2.4litre Multiair and if that is underpowered I wonder how the 1.4litre multiair we get here will feel to drive!
Old 6th September 2017, 16:09   #48
BHPian

If price is not a constraint, I would pick the Volkswagen Tiguan over all the others listed. If price is a constraint, it would be the Jeep Compass.
Old 6th September 2017, 16:18   #49
BHPian

Voted for Compass!!. Mainly for the build quality, safety equipment and elegant looks. If 6/7 seater is the requirement, Hexa all the way.

Personally Jeep is the fresh and best looking car (including SUV's) this side of 30L.
Old 6th September 2017, 16:50   #50
SRM
BHPian

My vote goes for XUV 500 simply because its the most vfm offering for a proper SUV. It's got the looks, engine, features that one associated with an SUV. Definitely gives me the most value for my buck!

Compass had got me interested but its variants/features mix didn't really make sense to me. Maybe if Jeep gets them right going ahead, I may pay premium for it given its looks and build. But as things stand today, not quite.

To be honest, I don't feel Creta should be a part of this poll. Never reached the heart and can never reach the SUV category.
Old 6th September 2017, 16:50   #51
BHPian

I voted for Tata because of the sheer value for money that car is. I took a 50 km Test Ride (Concorde - Tata is generous in that sense) while evaluating for an upgrade for Ecosport, and oh boy !!! It's comfort and ability to handle potholes just blew me away. Other than that, I need a 7 seater for my needs, and Hexa fits the bill perfectly with the most comfortable third row.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:02   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

I voted for the Creta - reason being my bank balance . I loved the Compass, no doubt and if I have the money I would go for it. And if I have a lot more, I would get the Endy.

Am I feeling low now? Definitely not, as Creta does everything that I have asked for. It's ride quality may not be as plush as the Compass, but that diesel motor alone is enough to convince many. As GTO pointed out, it's an excellent city commuter but more than that, I would say it's excellent on the highway (Around 550 kms on half a tank) .

There's no doubt that Compass is winning this poll and who doesn't love a competition. Bring more so that all manufacturers will price and load them up aggressively.
Old 6th September 2017, 17:07   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
That is a matter of concern for those interested in the Petrol version, like me. USA gets larger 2.4litre Multiair and if that is underpowered I wonder how the 1.4litre multiair we get here will feel to drive!
2.4 "Tigershark" engine is an adaptation of an old motor developed jointly by Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Chrysler. The Chrysler version was always known to be the worst out of all these. The motor is peaky in nature which makes it sluggish for heavy applications such as a compact SUV.

The 1.4L Multiair is totally different and is the FIAT motor. In the Renegade, it takes about 8.8secs to 100, where it's available in the 140hp tune. Can't really predict for sure till team-bhp reviews the petrol, but most international reviews seem happier with the 1.4 Multiair than the 2.4 Tigershark.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:08   #54
BHPian

I voted for the Duster. On the performance front, it matches the JEEP except for the engine and all wheel disc brakes. I have a weakness for all European designed vehicles though. Spartan yet effective.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:40   #55
Team-BHP Support

Jeep Compass vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I voted for the Duster. On the performance front, it matches the JEEP except for the engine and all wheel disc brakes. I have a weakness for all European designed vehicles though. Spartan yet effective.

How?? We're talking about a 110 bhp engine compared to a 170 bhp engine. How can they be comparable on performance unless I'm missing something.

EDIT
Oh shoot. Sorry. I missed the all important "except". Although I'd imagine engine is most of what performance would constitute.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th September 2017 at 17:55.
Old 6th September 2017, 18:40   #56
BHPian

I am surprised to see Duster not included in this poll. Any reason?
Ideally this poll should have included Creta, Duster, Compass, XUV, Hexa, Fortuner & Endeavour. Tucson & Tiguan is not relevant considering their low sales volume.
Anyway, I have voted for XUV which is the most VFM among all
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:42   #57
BANNED

Tata Hexa XTA for me any day, I have driven the Compass and Hexa, one in morning and one in evening.

Compass gets everything better than Hexa when it comes to the feel good factor. Better build, tighter panel gaps, awesome styling, brilliant attention to detail (I love those door locks, which have small lock icon in them), and a brilliant driving experience.

Still, when I drove the Hexa after the Jeep, I just couldn't justify the extra money Jeep is asking over what you get a Hexa for. Hexa rides better, has better seating comfort, more commanding driving position, way more flexibility and utility, comparable NVH, decent gearbox, brilliant ICE and that particular feel of bulk which makes me feel happy when I drive SUVs. That wicked smile with which I am known for taking U turns from over the smaller medians or that feeling when you can look the road ahead from over the roof of hatchbacks or sedans, that level of confidence I get while I drive SUVs is missing in the Jeep or even XUV. That factor when you never have to search for U turns in the areas where medians are 7-8 inches or even 10 inches high, or not even think twice before planning long trips with your friends, even 6 of them - that matters a lot to me.

For the money Hexa comes for, it's a highly irresistible package for me at least.

Last edited by VKumar : 6th September 2017 at 19:46.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 22:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
2.4 "Tigershark" engine is an adaptation of an old motor developed jointly by Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Chrysler. The Chrysler version was always known to be the worst out of all these. The motor is peaky in nature which makes it sluggish for heavy applications such as a compact SUV.
Jeep's US website has mentioned 2.4 Multiair as the engine specification. The engines have the multair valve timing technology. But i think 2.4 multiair is naturally aspirated unlike 1.4. This engine is a lovechild of so many companies having an orgy https://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html
Jeep Compass vs the others-2.4multiair.png
Jeep Compass vs the others-atigersharkdetail.jpg
Jeep Compass vs the others-tiger24.jpg
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 23:24   #59
BHPian

The important factor for me is the engine if I have to decide between the given choices. As per the engines, it has to be either VW or Fiat.
Since VW is still in the middle of the aftermath of the emission scam, they are doing funny things to their engine tunes that makes the current breed a little caught up between the German excellence of the past and a cover up for the future.

Jeep as a brand is a bit like Tata but my vote will go to the engine driving it.

Jeep it is then from this poll, else I would be happy with a Force Gurkha
Old 7th September 2017, 00:24   #60
BHPian

Given the safety features, build quality, equipment, exquisite looks, price and the legendary brand image; to me, it was a no brainer.

Voted for the Jeep compass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks