Team-BHP - Volkswagen Tiguan vs the others
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Volkswagen Tiguan vs the others (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/190760-volkswagen-tiguan-vs-others-3.html)

Quote:

I ruled out Toyota Fortuner because Team BHP clearly said Endeavour is better.
Yes but it will depend on your priorities, if it's a company car why should be you too worried about depreciation unless they transfer to your name at the depreciated value and you can sell later at higher rates:) In this case, Fortuner will definitely stand better than Endy. Go and drive both back to back and then decide.

If you want to save some money, maybe wait for Jeep - 4x4 Auto in Diesel, I think they should have by next Year. Even a segment lower, you should enjoy it better in traffic and occasional long drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4284845)
Yes but it will depend on your priorities, if it's a company car why should be you too worried about depreciation unless they transfer to ..

I can buy back the company car and then I can sell it .. that's why I am particular about decent re-sale price. Sure, I will test drive Fortuner for sure.
Jeep compass automatic might not be out by Jan 2018. Even if it is out, there were many niggles reported with 9 speed gear box hence I am not sure if I would be the first few ones to buy it.

if you are okay about missing some features and skipping AWD, I would suggest you to include BMW X1 Expedition in your shortlist. I felt X1 is a perfect city/highway car if it isn't going to be subjected to a lot of abuse. If you are not keen on X1, Tucson should do the job for you. Both Fortuner and Endeavour are too bulky to drive in Bangalore traffic IMO. Compass 4x4 AT could be the third option but I am not sure about its launch date and the smoothness of its 9 speed AT.

If you do not need the extra GC and your usage doesn't demand a body on frame SUV, you would be better off with the Tucson.

The FE too will differ by almost half between both.

People have taken their BMW's and Civics to Leh, I don't see why a Tucson can't go. Let us know what you think of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acelerar (Post 4284594)
My primary requirements in the order of preference are:
1) Diesel Automatic
2) Full features with all the bells and whistles - Comfortable seats, Quality interiors, Reverse camera, Andriod Auto, cruise control, Automatic wipers/headlamps etc. Sunroof is a plus but not must.
3) AWD
4) Decent resale value

For the first 3 points you mentioned, I would suggest to bring back the Tiguan into the mix. For #4, I think none of these will hold its value like a Fortuner.

Quote:

Maximum budget according to company policy is 30 lakhs ex show room but I can stretch it to maximum of around 31 lakhs ex show room.

I have recently test driven all and came to the conclusion that Endy is the best for me. However, since you don't need a 7 seater and want all the features, Tiguan is the best option.
It has AWD, Auto, all features including a great sunroof and all seats are very comfy. It is fun to drive as well. Worth a thorough check out.

Agree with you that Kodiaq is atrociously high priced, else it would have been the best choice. Do have a look at that as well, regardless.

Looking at missing features, something basic as auto headlamps, wipers, lumbar support etc I can see how much loaded the Hexa is for 20 odd lac!!
Its pretty shameful that people are paying double that to get cheated in basic features.

Quote:

My shortlist so far based on reviews & numerous discussion in Team BHP are:
1) Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium
Pros: Proper 4*4 that ticks all the right boxes, Sunroof, Perhaps better re-sale value after 44 months
Cons: Too big for city drive, Do not need 7 seater, Poor mileage

You won't feel its size after few days to weeks of driving. If you can adjust a bit and stay away from the harsh presses, you will get 7-8 within city, and 11-13 in highways.

My pick is the Ford Endeavour. It has got the looks, performance, good ride and handling balance and a correct price. Drawbacks would be the low fuel efficiency and a slow shifting auto box as compared with the DSG.

Hello,
Thanks for the thread and i see Isuzu MU X not being included in the comparison.
Could you please share your thoughts around it as i was looking to buy an SUV myself and was considering MU X as an option .
Thanks,
jampaks

Voted for the Fortuner, simply for the sheer practicality of the car and things inside it. Endy is packed and looks like a true full sized SUV, but the fuel efficiency and absence of a manual gearbox is a downer for my taste. Add its size and FE to Delhi's traffic and it'll leave a sour taste in my mouth. The Tiguan is fantastic to drive but I've had woes with the Skoda Laura before (once bitten, twice shy?). Fortuner can seat 7, just in case I need it.
Things going against fortuner: a lot of shared parts with the Innova crysta (good for me, I drive a crysta) but I am of the opinion it commands more exclusivity.

My first choice Jeep Compass - looks good, solid built, punchy diesel. Overall VFM

My second choice Tiguan - Looks classy and not over the top loud types. Has DSG and that is a very good reason as within AT's nothing beats a DSG.

BTW why is Skoda Kodiaq not in the list? If we are going to have this poll then include that too. Once that's there then my second choice will move to Kodiaq.

I'm considering an upgrade for my 4 year old 1.5 Polo which has covered around 105000kms. Tiguan is there in my priority list. VW is giving 4.5 lakhs quote for my polo. Is that a good deal? How is tiguan? Any update in 2018 models. They are offering a cash discount of around 2 lakhs and including all the loyalty, exchange bonus, final OTR is around 31lakhs for the highline version. It's tempting deal for me. Any suggestions ?

Voted for the Tiguan since it has a new DSG wet clutch transmission, on-demand 4WD and the proportions are right. Engine is the known and reliable 2.0L TDI. Get it with VW's 7 year extended warranty.

The Ford Endeavor for me was a close second, I've seen my neighbor getting out and moving scooters/bikes too many times to recommend the experience to someone else. The vehicle is simply too big for our roads!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nidhinsarath (Post 4456950)
They are offering a cash discount of around 2 lakhs and including all the loyalty, exchange bonus, final OTR is around 31lakhs for the highline version. It's tempting deal for me. Any suggestions ?

2 Lakhs less is a decent deal. I got it at 37L last year.

Except a dead battery, my car has been doing exceptionally well.

Since you had a polo, you know the VW ASS well. They are definitely not the best. I had to call the roadside assistance once and it worked just okey. Except that it has been a very neutral experience with ASS.

But I can vouch for car. It is is an awesome machine.