Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2019, 08:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Does it make any sense to buy a used Tata Aria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Hi all, does buying a used 2012 Aria Pure 4x2 make sense in today's time and age, .
Also check the history and condition of the vehicle. If it has been a stable and reliable one with less replacements, it should be fine.

Do you already have one in sight ? If yes - is it from a known source ?
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 12:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Saw it on a website. Trying to contact the seller as I will not have to avail a Car Loan for an amount less than 4 Lakhs. I will visit them once they respond with a friend, and if we find things to be true and accurate, then only in a week or two I will buy it from him. Also, have to get the service history from the Tata Motors service center once things look good on the seller's end.

Is there a way to see who all BHP-ians are in which city so as to meet and take a fellow along from that place and make a more informed decision?
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 12:45   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Also, have to get the service history from the Tata Motors service center once things look good on the seller's end.

Is there a way to see who all BHP-ians are in which city so as to meet and take a fellow along from that place and make a more informed decision?
1. If you have the vehicle number, then go to TASS and ask for the history. Tell them why you want it. Since it is on a website, it should not be a problem to convince them of the reason

2. Do a Member Search using the advanced option and give only the location name - you will get a list of all members in that location. In the list, see who has a Tata.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 22:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Come over and if you want to check out the Aria, we should be able to help you out with it. If you want some more information on the vehicle, share some details and I can find out the background of the vehicle for you, even before you want to come down to see it.
wanderernomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 07:56   #35
BHPian

It makes sense to go for the Aria, which is the base for the Hexa. The Aria is spacious, comfortable and powerful enough for the city and highway use.
While it is recommended to go for the 2014 model onwards, do thoroughly check the service history and the condition of the vehicle. The owner whom I knew had to change his fuel pump, clutch twice and AC compressor in his ownership of 1.20L kms. Else, all mechanicals were perfect! It was sold off to a fleet operator later.
Also, why don't you check used Hexa? There are some pretty good ones in the pre-owned market.
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 16:10   #36
USR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Come over and if you want to check out the Aria, we should be able to help you out with it. If you want some more information on the vehicle, share some details and I can find out the background of the vehicle for you, even before you want to come down to see it.
Dear Wanderernomad,
Apologies for my ignorance but wanted to check if you own a tata service station?

I'm looking for an Aria to buy from Delhi and get it registered in Himachal.
I currently drive a 2008 verna which is close to clock 2L KM. The car is in perfect condition and has not given me much troubles but now I want to switch to a bigger car.

I stay in a remote village of Kangra valley and run an hotel in Manikaran.

My main use for the car is to ferry ration, matresses, linen, utensils, people etc from my village to my hotel on fortnightly basis. The route from Kangra to Manikaran is pathetic as most of it is either state highway or they are link roads.
Hence looking for a big car on a low budget.

My verna is also a discontinued model and I have not had a great experience in getting the car serviced here (HP). I have to get it serviced from either Hoshiarpur or Jalandhar as finding parts in the mountain state for discontinued vehicles is nightmare and finding a reliable mechanic is also an issue.
The Hyundai service station in Kangra will only service petrol vehicles and the not diesel ones.

So I wanted to understand how will you be able to get the details of used Aria as mentioned above. I would also like to get the Aria checked, I have already shortlisted the car but I'm not good at finding out mechanical issues 🙈

The vehicle is a 2012 model 4x4 and has done 70k KM. The dealer says that vehicle has complete service history but I dont trust him much.
Tx.

Regards,
Usr
Old 10th February 2020, 11:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by USR View Post

My main use for the car is to ferry ration, matresses, linen, utensils, people etc from my village to my hotel on fortnightly basis. The route from Kangra to Manikaran is pathetic as most of it is either state highway or they are link roads.

My verna is also a discontinued model and I have not had a great experience in getting the car serviced here (HP). I have to get it serviced from either Hoshiarpur or Jalandhar as finding parts in the mountain state for discontinued vehicles is nightmare and finding a reliable mechanic is also an issue.
The Hyundai service station in Kangra will only service petrol vehicles and the not diesel ones.
If you had challenges owning a discontinued model which was more reliable than Aria; I will suggest you to shortlist a different car even if the capital is going to be high. It will give you better returns in longer run.
You may want to look at Ertiga or Xylo or Innova or Any other car of your choice that has service and parts available at Kangra or Manikaran.
procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 14:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Wanderernomad,
Apologies for my ignorance but wanted to check if you own a tata service station?

The vehicle is a 2012 model 4x4 and has done 70k KM. The dealer says that vehicle has complete service history but I dont trust him much.
Tx.

Regards,
Usr
Hi sorry for the late reply but here it is:
1. No, I do not own a TATA service Station but I have quite a few friends who work for TATA in various capacities, so finding the service history is no big deal.

2. I belong to HP and am familiar with the routes that you are talking about and the challenges being faced.

3. You will need to drive the vehicle yourself and see first hand as to its condition.

Hope that helps.
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:

My main use for the car is to ferry ration, matresses, linen, utensils, people etc from my village to my hotel on fortnightly basis.

The route from Kangra to Manikaran is pathetic as most of it is either state highway or they are link roads.
While the Aria will meet your requirements of a big car with lots of space, the other part of bad roads will be a concern.

The Aria has a mind blowing suspension and ride quality, what it does not have is ground clearance.

The extremely low bumper lip gives an extremely low Approach Angle and is hence prone to scraping, further, right behind the lower bumper is the Intercooler, wonder what the blokes at Tata were thinking before placing it out there, and yes it does not get any protection either.

All this in a 4x4 vehicle, if the route that you chose to ply on has terrible conditions and will need off-roading, then I suggest to stay away from this one. This is good for only light off-roading or highways.
A Scorpio would suit you better for this kind of usage and they are rugged to the bone.
I own both the Scorpio and the Aria 4x4 and this I share from my own personal experience.
Trojan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks