Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 21:01   #1
BHPian

Dicor how good is it as an offroader ??

Hi All

I just wanted to know how good is a Dicor, as an offroader. When we talk about offroads, its normally the mahindra which comes to our mind. To some extend the gypsy's too. I have never heard of people doing offroads on Dicor's, Terracan etc.

I would love to hear from people who actually own these machines and who have actually done some offroads..

Regards

jango
Old 28th November 2006, 11:55   #2
BHPian

Jango,

Was on the lookout for a vehicle which could support my hardware business( dont work in IT / Software anymore) .
The priorities were:
a vehicle which does not sway when driven on rough roads ( I mean from side to side),
not be bumpy( good ride),
take me comfortably - i mean where mostly, usually, only trucks venture

Decided to pick up the dicor and It has been keeping up well for all the rough terrain which am throwing at it currently. My area of work is in kolar and Bellary regions of karnataka. The roads leading upto our mines ( actually there are no roads) are totally truck and jeep territory where the dicor is quite comfortable.
Though it has been only a short ownership experience till now, I have no reason to be dissatisfied!
Old 28th November 2006, 12:04   #3
BANNED

Hey Jango, I think it depends on your definition of offroad. It greatly varies from person to person. What kind of terrain are you keen on?
Old 28th November 2006, 17:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

It can go where most other off-roaders can go. That diesel has enough torque to pull you over large rocks, river beds and through slushy paddy fields.

It will not do for military use, but for most civilian offroad use (and I do not mean going offroad to prove a point) it will do its job quite comfortably.

Of course the Gypsys and the Judos and the 4x4 Mahindra CJs will do a better job off road, but they wont transport you in total airconditioned comfort at very decent speeds over highways or potholed roads. If you want the best of both worlds, the Dicor wont disappoint.
Old 28th November 2006, 23:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Hey Jango, I think it depends on your definition of offroad. It greatly varies from person to person. What kind of terrain are you keen on?
Boom Shiva an talking abt rock crawling terrains. How's the tourque on a dicor. Would the dicor be too heavy to push itself tru slush or will it sink in slush and will it have to be towed out.
Old 29th November 2006, 11:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Jango

Something like what you see here?:

Tata Club Italia

This is not the dicor but the old TCIC...
Old 29th November 2006, 11:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Jango

Tata Club Italia

off topic: i can see the suspension has been lifted on that safari in the pic..

how does one do that? what are the advantages a suspension lift? can any local indian mech do it?

also the old tcic isnt wayy too underpowered for offroading?
Old 29th November 2006, 12:09   #8

I've done offroading, to some extent, with my Dicor 4X4 EX. It was kind of a unleveled farm, where I thought only tractor can go. But to my surprise this beast really shocked me with every ditch it crossed. It really outperforms your expectations whether it's speeding on tarmac or a gently crawling on offroads.
Initially I thought of Dicor to be a soft offroader. Now, after looking at the photographs on Club Italia, I think it's capable of lot more. I need to find some similar terrain close by, to test it further.
Old 29th November 2006, 18:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
It will not do for military use, but for most civilian offroad use (and I do not mean going offroad to prove a point) it will do its job quite comfortably.
100% with you this time and no arguements on the point that you made Steeroid

The DICOR surely is magnificient. I'm in fact considering to get one sometime next year. I had a few trial runs and a great good off-road test. thanks to another acquaintance of mine.

Go for it Jango.
Old 29th November 2006, 20:00   #10
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tata Club Italia

Awesome linky Steeroid!!! loved the Tattazza pics and also the tata club overall.
Old 29th November 2006, 20:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Awesome linky Steeroid!!!
Thank SUV (the BHPian, not the vehicle) - he's the one who posted info on the awesome Tatazza on the forum first.
Old 29th November 2006, 20:43   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the link Steeroid, you almost changed my way of thinking abt TATA Vehicles . Since the dicor comes with a better refined engine, am sure it would be able to do much more than what you see in the pic.....
Old 29th November 2006, 21:07   #13
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Thanks for the link Steeroid, you almost changed my way of thinking abt TATA Vehicles . Since the dicor comes with a better refined engine, am sure it would be able to do much more than what you see in the pic.....
Heh .. Be sure to make the mods done by MAX before you try anything like what he has ...
Old 30th November 2006, 13:30   #14
BHPian

Hey. Dicor is a really good option. I have driven it OFF Road for almost 2000 Kms in last 2 months and its in perfect condition with perfect me...very comfortable
Old 9th December 2006, 12:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
off topic: i can see the suspension has been lifted on that safari in the pic..

how does one do that? what are the advantages a suspension lift? can any local indian mech do it?
The Suspension is NOT lifted on that vehicle.. All independent suspension systems have a lot of travel when fully lifted and it appears like that vehicle has a lift kit..

Lift kits are more sophisticated and increase the GC by atleast 6 inches on plain ground..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks