Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 09:20   #16
BHPian

re: Mahindra NuvoSport - Should I go for it? EDIT: Picked up TUV300

Hi, Well if you really like the TUV and not happy with space. Isn't there a new one coming? Longer one? Read it was under testing, Any news about this BHPians?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...esting-14.html
Old 9th December 2017, 11:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Considering that Nuvosport is a chopped off Xylo, parts availability should not be a concern, in my opinion.
Nuvosport is not a chopped off Xylo, apart from few body panels and internals there is nothing similar about them both.
Nuvosport is a part Xylo, part TUV300(engine & other mechanicals) and part it's own original self that includes complete front facia, rear body panels.

Sourcing the essential mechanical parts should not be a problem but when you would need to replace the headlight 5 years down the line that might try out your patience. Probably Xylo too will be going out of production once the M&M's new MUV is introduced.

I own a Xylo so I know that it is very comfortable as a family tourer, and so must be the Nuvosport.
If you intend to keep your car with you for next 5 years and do not worry about the resale value go ahead with the Nuvosport. But from personal point of view I will advice you to explore some more. Scorpio S5 and Hexa XE must fit under 13L OTR and they have proper safety features as well.

Last edited by wrongturn : 9th December 2017 at 11:21.
wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 07:26   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
So considering the options with 5+2 as high preference.
The +2 Seats in a TUV or Neuvosport are only meant for short drives or for Kids below 7/8 years. No seatbelts in the jump seats and poor comfort make it very ineffective for long distance driving.

Between the Neuvosport and TUV, its not much of a difference in mechanicals/comfort levels except for Cruise Control, which you have pointed out. I am sure that most of the parts of the Neuvosport are shared with the TUV and you should not have a problem with part availability. The issue will be for interior trims and maybe even a few exterior parts like headlight assembly, bumpers etc. which are very Neuvosport specific and hence might not be easily available.

I must also thank you for pointing out the fact that the Neuvosport comes with cruise control. Now I am going to get my hands on some wiring diagrams and figure our if the BCM and connector pins are the same. That would mean a simple swap of the steering wheel and my TUV might also get cruise control
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 14:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

If 5+2 seating and cruise control are of high preference, then check out the Renault Lodgy. 1.5 dci engine is bulletproof in terms of reliability, and it's simple and easy to fix. BUT you have to live with the mpv looks. If the +2 seating is just for those "just in case" times then why not buy a good car like the S-Cross, which is a better car in every aspect minus the extra seating, and if you ever encounter the need to take two more people, rent an XUV or uber an Innova. You'll make up for money spent in renting costs on those rare occasions, once you sell the S-Cross as it will inevitably give you better resale value.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 14:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

My office colleague loves his Nuvosport for the cruise control feature on the highways. He uses it as a 5 + 1 seater, the "+1" being his pet labrador, who has made the 3rd row his home

He says there are no issues till the 2nd year of ownership thus far, and is loving the ownership.

For some strange reason Mahindra has never promoted the Nuvosport well enough. Maybe there is the fear of its cannibalizing into the sales of the TUV.

Last edited by mooza : 10th December 2017 at 14:50.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 15:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
The +2 Seats in a TUV or Neuvosport are only meant for short drives or for Kids below 7/8 years. No seatbelts in the jump seats and poor comfort make it very ineffective for long distance driving.
Completely agree with that. In TUV/Nuvosport the rear seats are mostly for less than an hour drives. They are not even safe for kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Now I am going to get my hands on some wiring diagrams and figure our if the BCM and connector pins are the same. That would mean a simple swap of the steering wheel and my TUV might also get cruise control
hahaha.. that will be an interesting project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If 5+2 seating and cruise control are of high preference, then check out the Renault Lodgy.. ...You'll make up for money spent in renting costs on those rare occasions, once you sell the S-Cross as it will inevitably give you better resale value.
Renault Lodgy has not so comfortable middle bench ( I noticed in long time back when checking it out for a friend).
Had a second look at S-Cross. After somethinking, if I were to buy a 5 seater it would be WR-V. It has more space than S-Cross, better engine, 6 speed, sunroof and seems as well built as S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My office colleague loves his Nuvosport for the cruise control feature on the highways. He uses it as a 5 + 1 seater, the "+1" being his pet labrador, who has made the 3rd row his home
Nuvosport is not at all a bad vehicle or a failure interms of ownership. It is a failure model for Mahindra because for the same capacity and near same features every customer finds TUV more appealing with better looks and about 60-80k savings over Nuvosport. Hence, anyone with the budget will most likely pick TUV except the very few who are picky about certain specific features which Nuvosport has to offer over TUV. That is the primary reason why Nuvosport sales are so low. As they say, with first impressions, TUV is more convincing than Nuvosport for 98% of showroom walkins.

As for my buying decision, WR-V and BR-V are current top contenders unless something changes. Need to take test drives (didn't do yet) of both and decide.
BR-V positives -
+ well packed 7 seater. If the middle bench is reclined then it makes a super comfy 5 seater with huge sofa like seating for rear occupants.

+ Better engine, mileage, 6 speed MT and wheels over Ertiga.

+ S trim has most of the useful features and is 10L ex-showroom.

- Lacks cruisecontrol in all of the variants.
- S trim doesn't have full featured MID, DRLs, folding ORVM and alloys.

WR-V:

+ 6 speed MT with Cruise control
+ Spacious 5 seater
+ Very well featured Topend model at 10L exshowroom

- rear bench doesn't have arm rest and doesn't recline
- 2 months waiting period and obviously no december discounts.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 17:27   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope, can't recommend a NuvoSport as there are so many better cars out there.

13 lakhs is a very good budget. Among sedans, you could consider the new Verna 1.6L diesel. It's a lovely all-rounder. From Crossovers, you could consider the WR-V, S-Cross & gang.

Quote:
Family is keen on having two additional seats option even if it is for occasional occupancy only.
Why lug 2 seats around if they are going to be used rarely? Rent when you need it from Zoom, Myles etc.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

At that budget you will get the new Ecosport or even the top end NEXON - both of which are great buys. If you absolutely need the 3rd row, did you consider the Hexa XE ? Its fairly well specced for a base model and interior quality will be a few notches above competition in this price band. But make up your mind if you need a vehicle of that size.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:46   #24
BHPian

I might be of the unpopular opinion here, but the car that fits your requirement best seems to be the Ertiga. Here's why:
+ 7 seats
+ The Nuvosport is a ladder frame, RWD compact SUV, which will not be as refined and well built, or suitable for family, as the Ertiga.
+ Sliding and reclining middle row in the Ertiga is a h-u-g-e advantage over any other car considered.
+ The combination of folding 2nd and 3rd row generates a lot of cargo space. Even more than the Innova. We have both, and this comes from comparing both on several occasions.
+ Drives and handles almost like a car. A plus or a minus, depends which way you look at it.
+ Have taken one on multiple 500 km day trips, and its not that bad to drive. Seats, like all big Marutis, are quite large and offer good support.
+ Roof mounted AC vents for 2nd row are quite effective.

The only real disadvantages I see are:
- The Nuvosport is a RWD, ladder frame compact SUV. Cant beat that, if thats what you want.
- Third row not suitable for adults, best for upto 15 YO kids, although our very considerate and understanding family will find it comfortable
- Interior rattles. Fit and finish is fine, so are the materials. Just that they 'thud' too early into a vehicles lifespan. Don't know how the Nuvosport would fare in the same regard.
- Looks like a modern van, rather than a compact SUV. More family car than personal car.

My above views are after owning a 2012 Ertiga VDi, a daily driver (mom's) that saw 1.53 lac kms in 5 years, before we sold it in 2017 at almost 60% of the on-road price we paid for it.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 00:03   #25
BHPian

Re: Mahindra NuvoSport? TUV 300 it is!!

The long story short - TUV 300 T8 in Bronze Green it is.
Expecting delivery of the vehicle by Saturday, fingers crossed.

Went through a lot of other models but kept coming back to the 1.5ltr twins - nuvosport and TUV 300. Took back to back testdrives - heart said Nuvosport but finally mind prevailed.

Nuvosport has higher seating position than TUV and the jump seats are more usable than in TUV. I even liked the location of intercooler being on top of the engine. ICE sounds better, seats are more comfortable. For the 40k extra money, Nuvosport offers more features and equipment over TUV but... it just doesn't have the market presence. If only M&M could provide those extra features and equipment in TUV T10, it would have been so sweet.

S-Cross seating is lower than what I wished for and the trim I wanted was not available until 2018 - else it was the other top contender .

WR-V had ergonomics problems with my knee hitting dash in ideal position. If seat is pushed back, I had to stretch out to reach gear lever and wheel. May be my particular body geometry didn't suit the seating.

Also considered Duster, Lodgy, BR-V, XYLO, Scorpio getaway (yeah, I know what it is for) but finally after evaluating the equations, it is all coming back to either Nuvosport or TUV.
Decided to play it safe for the peace of mind and finalized the TUV.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 18:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the decision ! Wishing you a Happy Ownership.

I think you did the right thing by buying a good product which will be around in the times to come, making maintenance and upkeep much easier
Old 15th December 2017, 16:01   #27
BHPian

Went for a PDI armed with T-BHP check list. Everything is good except this small dimple/dent on the bonnet (very small, noticeable on close quarters only). Dealer says they will rectify it and repaint the entire bonnet either during first service or before that, should I choose.

Wondering should I opt for another vehicle with a different color (bronze green is not available in stock) or go ahead and get this sorted out later.
Suggestions please.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra NuvoSport - Should I go for it? EDIT: Picked up TUV300-img_20171215_110421.jpg  

Last edited by deetee : 15th December 2017 at 16:06. Reason: typos and rephrasing
Old 15th December 2017, 16:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Went for a PDI armed with T-BHP check list. Everything is good except this small dimple/dent on the bonnet (very small, noticeable on close quarters only). Dealer says they will rectify it and repaint the entire bonnet either during first service or before that, should I choose.

Wondering should I opt for another vehicle with a different color (bronze green is not available in stock) or go ahead and get this sorted out later.
Suggestions please.
Obviously, you'd want a car that is entirely perfect in every sense. However, if you are convinced that this dent is just that: a small dent caused during transit or storage and not part of a larger problem, you can perhaps live with it. Especially and only because the dealer is offering to repaint it. But do make sure the dealer will honor this. Have a thorough check of the engine bay and front bumpers/headlight clusters to ensure there was no other damage when the dent occurred on the hood.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 16:24   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... this small dimple/dent on the bonnet (very small, noticeable on close quarters only). Dealer says they will rectify it and repaint the entire bonnet either during first service or before that, should I choose.
If paint not damaged, ask for discount / other benefit of about 5k. This will retain the factory painting & finish.

If painted. for dealer it will be a small amount - he wont necessarily have to paint the full bonnet even if he says so.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 16:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
But do make sure the dealer will honor this. Have a thorough check of the engine bay and front bumpers/headlight clusters to ensure there was no other damage when the dent occurred on the hood.
Thank you for the inputs. Dealer agreed to give in writing about the defect and that it will be rectified. No other damage, have checked around it. Nobody is certain how it happened though, doesn't matter how, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If paint not damaged, ask for discount / other benefit of about 5k. This will retain the factory painting & finish.

If painted. for dealer it will be a small amount - he wont necessarily have to paint the full bonnet even if he says so.
hmm.. thanks for sharing that perspective. Will try and negotiate that.
This Mahindra dealer (Automotive) here in Hyd is not very organized - their yard is at one end of the city, PDI center at other and main workshop at still another corner. They already clocked 100km moving between these places

Last edited by deetee : 15th December 2017 at 16:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks