Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 16:46   #31
BHPian

re: Mahindra NuvoSport - Should I go for it? EDIT: Picked up TUV300

Congratulations on your new ride. Wish you several Lakh kilometers of blissful ownership.

I am sure you would have gone through the TUV thread. How did you rationalize the niggles reported and the infamous spinning wheel issue.

Last edited by JediKnight : 15th December 2017 at 16:48.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 20:17   #32
BHPian

Re: Mahindra NuvoSport - Should I go for it? EDIT: Picked up TUV300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Wish you several Lakh kilometers of blissful ownership.

I am sure you would have gone through the TUV thread. How did you rationalize the niggles reported and the infamous spinning wheel issue.
Thank You for your wishes.

Every vehicle is afterall a machine built by other machines and with some human intervention. Expecting a perfect niggle free intial ownership only leads to disappointment and frustration, should we encounter any issues. What matters more than any issues is the attitude of dealer and manufacturer in addressing them. On that front, I have seen positive effort from Mahindra. Wheel spinning issue too is being addressed on a case by case basis. Should I encounter that, I shall write to them.

P.S. Being married and with kids, one easily learns to live with troubles and problems , else there is no peace in life

P.S.2: Since the vehicle has been decided, I shall make further posts in ownership thread. Request Moderators to lock this topic, if that is appropriate.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 15:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Thank You for your wishes.

Every vehicle is afterall a machine built by other machines and with some human intervention. Expecting a perfect niggle free intial ownership only leads to disappointment and frustration, should we encounter any issues. What matters more than any issues is the attitude of dealer and manufacturer
Congratulations and you have taken a decision that I have not been able to do so in the last one year. Wishing you many miles of safe and trouble-free ownership. I have been in the same situation since my requirements were:
1) Rear wheel drive
2) Reasonable suspension
2) VFM budget

So the options I could narrow down to were the TUV300 or the Nuvosport and I took multiple test-drives of both vehicles - narrowing down to the Nuvosport. However, because of the negligible numbers present on the road and general recommendations against the Nuvosport, I have just kept the decision in a limbo.

I agree with some others, who have suggested that one of the next options (if budget permits) could be the Tata-Hexa.

Happy and enjoyable driving !
Old 17th December 2017, 16:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
Congratulations ........However, because of the negligible numbers present on the road and general recommendations against the Nuvosport, I have just kept the decision in a limbo.

I agree with some others, who have suggested that one of the next options (if budget permits) could be the Tata-Hexa.

Happy and enjoyable driving !
Thank You for the wishes
Nuvosport is not a bad vehicle at all, the updated front end is much better than Quanto. It is only that, in 2017, the interiors look old for the segment. Except the front end parts, most of the other parts are shared between TUV (engine) and XYLO (almost all the interior). I took back to back testdrives and liked the Nuvosport driving position and comfort over TUV. Given the abysmal sales figures of Nuvosport, it will surely become a bit painful to source specific spares or aftermarket accessories .
But then looking at how Mahindra seems not to bother about promoting Nuvosport sales (salesperson was disinterested to sell even though they have couple of vehicles in stock), I decided it is better to stick with its more popular sibling.

As for the choice of HEXA, I don't need extra two seats all the time, so I will be hauling extra bulk for no big reason. And then there is this mileage factor and the tough looks of TUV.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 23:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But then looking at how Mahindra seems not to bother about promoting Nuvosport sales (salesperson was disinterested to sell even though they have couple of vehicles in stock), I decided it is better to stick with its more popular sibling.
The dealers in Delhi keep Scorpio, Bolero, KUV, TUV, XUV, Thar and E2O on display. They simply don't seem to bother about the Nuvosport and the Rexton (is the Rexton discontinued?).
Old 28th December 2017, 21:56   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
The dealers in Delhi keep Scorpio, Bolero, KUV, TUV, XUV, Thar and E2O on display. They simply don't seem to bother about the Nuvosport and the Rexton (is the Rexton discontinued?).
A dealer here in Chennai ignored a test drive request for a TUV 3OO that I had placed on the TUV's website. They called me once and upon learning that I am in no hurry to buy, they summarily closed my TD request; I promptly received an SMS informing me of the same.
Granted, it is understandable that the dealership would be baying for immediate blood at this point in time (the year-end), but I get the feeling that this is how M&M's dealerships are - few and far between even in major cities and disinterested in what they do.

Last edited by locusjag : 28th December 2017 at 21:57. Reason: typos...it's always typos!
Old 28th December 2017, 22:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
They called me once and upon learning that I am in no hurry to buy, they summarily closed my TD request; I promptly received an SMS informing me of the same.
in my case the sales team lead in Chennai of one of the dealers in velachery blocked my call because she understood that I was comparing between two dealers. They did bring the car to me for a TD though. I was trying to tell them that since they took the trouble to come to my home I was willing to buy from them if they match the other dealer...
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 22:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
in my case the sales team lead in Chennai of one of the dealers in velachery blocked my call because she understood that I was comparing between two dealers
Well, that's a first, for me at least. The first I've heard of such a thing. See, this only cements my suspicion that M&M dealers are like Royal Enfield dealers - they have the upper hand and feel free to do as they please.
Old 28th December 2017, 22:50   #39
BHPian

My experience is not much different. But then I don't blame M&M dealerships. They are not warm, they are not jubilant, they are not eager, there are no red. BUT wherever I went, they gave accurate quotes, no falsifying information to seal the deal, fair with pricing - no extra charges, no hidden costs, no forced billable components.
There are only 2 dealers in Hyderabad with multiple showrooms. After visiting couple of showrooms of each dealer, I finally went to the showroom where I found an attentive, responsive and seemingly honest sales advisor. It is just for that good purchase experience that I choose to go with that showroom which is 20km away, even though the same dealer has a showroom within 1km from my home.

Below is what I can summarize about M&M dealerships from my experience:
1. Don't compare them with Maruti or Hyundai dealerships. One has to be patient when dealing with Mahindra or Tata dealers - your purchase experience complete boils down to the particular sales advisor, even in the same showroom.
2. Unlike some other brand dealers, Mahindra dealers doesn't entertain extra discounts beyond what is openly printed in the ex-showroom price list. On positive side, they don't force any extra charges like handling, accessories, RSA, extended warranty etc. At max one can get corporate/government employee discount and some discount in insurance (out of dealers margin).
3. Mahindra PDI is just a wash, one MUST do their pdi armed with Team-Bhp checklist.

Last edited by deetee : 28th December 2017 at 22:52.
Old 28th December 2017, 23:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They called me once and upon learning that I am in no hurry to buy, they summarily closed my TD request
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
in my case the sales team lead in Chennai of one of the dealers in velachery blocked my call because she understood that I was comparing between two dealers.
None of these are great experiences. But, sometimes escalating to a reasonably responsive company helps. Mahindra has topped JD Power India sales satisfaction survey with 866 / 1000 points, closing over Toyota at 856, Ford at 846 and Mahindra / Hyundai at 838.
http://http://india.jdpower.com/pres...s-market-study

Though all surveys may be taken with a grain of salt, they must be doing something right (besides dealer personnel giving out free wash coupons, like they did to me).

Quote:
They are not warm, they are not jubilant, they are not eager, there are no red. BUT wherever I went, they gave accurate quotes, no falsifying information to seal the deal, fair with pricing - no extra charges, no hidden costs, no forced billable components.
My experience was similar to yours. Their registration paperwork issues were troublesome but besides that they had the most transparent deal. In fact, except for a reduction of Rs 7,000/- in insurance amount, there was practically zero variation between day one pricing and amount paid. Also, they did not force accessories down my throat.

Quote:
See, this only cements my suspicion that M&M dealers are like Royal Enfield dealers - they have the upper hand and feel free to do as they please.
This is a dealer who control 60-70% of entire Mahindra sales in NCR. He behaved much better than the high-handed dealers of some other manufacturers.

As far as TD is concerned, they arrived at my office with TD vehicle withing 45 minutes of my calling them for the first time. Of course, they were only 4 km away and, most importantly, I had wisely asked them to come to my office on a Monday Morning, when I knew the TD vehicle would be sitting idle in the showroom!

Last edited by architect : 28th December 2017 at 23:36.
Old 30th April 2018, 15:25   #41
BHPian

Is it possible to add an after market foldable bench seat in any of the following cars: Eco-sport, Creta or Brezza? I know it is possible in the Duster but not sure about the other two. If this option is possible then it will encourage me to buy a 5 seater rather going for a 7 seater just for that rare drive when all 6 family members will be present.
Old 30th April 2018, 15:37   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikji View Post
Is it possible to add an after market foldable bench seat in any of the following cars: Eco-sport, Creta or Brezza?
Nope. The one in the Duster is an official accessory; a friend has it fitted. It is a side-facing foldable seat.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 15:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nope. The one in the Duster is an official accessory; a friend has it fitted. It is a side-facing foldable seat.
Yes. Somehow don't want to go for the duster, looking for another option. Nuvosport is very tempting but the sales figures are a deterrent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks