Team-BHP - Skoda Kodiaq vs the others
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Skoda Kodiaq vs the others (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/193985-skoda-kodiaq-vs-others-4.html)

Go with the Fortuner, because 3.2 Endeavour would prove to be quite a costly affair in the long run. You won't be getting anything more than 7.0-10 Kmpl, plus it's a heavy car.

Fortuner is much more dependable and has an excellent all wheel drive system. Plus the peace of mind you get after owning a Toyota is just profound.

Both the Fortuner and Endy are good.

If you want to stay in your budget of the Scorpio, you can look at the Safari Storm 4x4 and if you do mild offroad then even the Hexa 4wd is not a bad option. Although its a manual in the 4wd option.

In my quest for 7 seaters, I searched far and wide, across classes and segments.
Skoda Kodiaq for me is the winner.

Skoda badge and the price.... hmm maybe I will get a deal.

What a package!
The luxury 3 - Audi, Merc and BMW owners with similar models who I talked to confirmed that the feature packaging in Skoda is way beyond their currently owned models. And given a choice to rebuy they will go for it.

Why is Skoda so quiet about it? is it the general state of Skoda in India or are they themselves apologetic about the price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by caramit (Post 4421225)

Skoda badge and the price.... hmm maybe I will get a deal.

What a package!
The luxury 3 - Audi, Merc and BMW owners with similar models who I talked to confirmed that the feature packaging in Skoda is way beyond their currently owned models. And given a choice to rebuy they will go for it.

Why is Skoda so quiet about it? is it the general state of Skoda in India or are they themselves apologetic about the price?

Simple, they have limited kits and sell whatever they get shipped in. Compared to the Audi/ Merc/BMW, the interiors do lack a bit of soul. It is very neutral to drive but all that fades into oblivion when you find that it retails for 40% less than the other German SUV's.

Another proven thing which I experienced first hand, the Kodiaq is tough. Our 10000km example survived a week long Spiti trip without a rattle or a hiccup. (one had a failed AC) - read about this soon!

Offers for the Kodiaq are slowly trickling in. This month (June) they have 1 lakh loyalty discount on the Kodiaq but with limited colour availability.

I have an XUV and will be breaking my head next year for an upgrade. As it stands now, it's a three way battle between Endeavour, Kodiaq and Tiguan for me. Fortuner never appealed to me and if it's only for the looks, I would pick the previous-gen Fortuner any day than the new one.

If Kodiaq gets more steroids with the bhps next year, that might win this little contest for me. If not, would pick the Endy whole heartedly. I'm in Bangalore and yes, it's too big for a cramped city but that's what gets the respect here when it comes to facing lane cutters or mad u-turners. I voted for it too.

PS: Tiguan is just kept in the competition as Mrs.Drivingme.Crazy (hey.. no pun intended) would vote for it compared to the others and might have the final say too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy (Post 4452234)
I have an XUV and will be breaking my head next year for an upgrade. As it stands now, it's a three way battle between Endeavour, Kodiaq and Tiguan for me. Fortuner never appealed to me and if it's only for the looks, I would pick the previous-gen Fortuner any day than the new one.

If Kodiaq gets more steroids with the bhps next year, that might win this little contest for me. If not, would pick the Endy whole heartedly. I'm in Bangalore and yes, it's too big for a cramped city but that's what gets the respect here when it comes to facing lane cutters or mad u-turners. I voted for it too.

PS: Tiguan is just kept in the competition as Mrs.Drivingme.Crazy (hey.. no pun intended) would vote for it compared to the others and might have the final say too.

I am in the same situation. looking for an upgrade for my W8 FWD XUV by mid next year. Was looking forward to the Alturas, but i think i will pass on it for now and look at the Kodiaq, Fortuner and the Endy as the 3 options. The first 2 are way ahead when it comes to my personal preference. I am not much of an offroader and will use it mostly in the City with 15-20% highway duty for any family trips (have been rare of late :(). Hence reliability, maintenance costs, fuel efficiency and budget are my key criteria.
Any minor facelifts/upgrades to these options in 2019 will probably swing my vote. Not sure if there is any news on a refresh coming up.

I voted for Tiguan. My requirements do not even ask for a 5 seater leave aside a 7 seater behemoth and I am an urban traveller 90% of my time. Yes, I want the ability to navigate rough roads and bad patches and want the peace of mind of not scraping every 2nd speed hump. That makes Tiguan the perfect fit for me and I do not mind the premium as I get all I need in that package and nothing superfluous. I do like Endy and I really do want it to do well in the market but when it comes to my own preference, the hulk is an issue for me.

Since a car for me does not equate to sq ft of space (it is not real estate that I am buying!) so the compact footprint of Tiguan is very compelling. Just the same reason why Yeti tugged at my heart when it was still around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 4377470)
If you want to stay in your budget of the Scorpio, you can look at the Safari Storm 4x4 and if you do mild offroad then even the Hexa 4wd is not a bad option. Although its a manual in the 4wd option.

Given that these cars are all in the 30L budget what about that Mahindra Alturas? Is it capable of Off Road?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 4502912)
Given that these cars are all in the 30L budget what about that Mahindra Alturas? Is it capable of Off Road?

Wouldn't know about the Alturas unless I've driven her offroad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 4502915)
Wouldn't know about the Alturas unless I've driven her offroad.

Neither have I. I assume she would be at least as capable as the Tuscon, Tiguan and Kodiaq.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 4502918)
Neither have I. I assume she would be at least as capable as the Tuscon, Tiguan and Kodiaq.

If there is a low range, then much more for sure.

Honestly, I don't even know the specs of ground clearance, ADR angles, etc. Time to catch up on teambhp reading...

I am confused between the endeavor 3.2 and kodiaq. I found Endeavor 2.2 underpowered for its weight..
20 more horses on kodiaq would have made it a winner.

So wondering between endeavor 3.2, kodiaq or the 3rd option of waiting for the endeavor refresh - assuming it will be a 2.0L twin turbo, which will be powerful and efficient..

When would they launch the new endeavor!! Can we expect it to come soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead5 (Post 4513395)
I am confused between the endeavor 3.2 and kodiaq. I found Endeavor 2.2 underpowered for its weight..
20 more horses on kodiaq would have made it a winner.

So wondering between endeavor 3.2, kodiaq or the 3rd option of waiting for the endeavor refresh - assuming it will be a 2.0L twin turbo, which will be powerful and efficient..

When would they launch the new endeavor!! Can we expect it to come soon?

1. The 2.2 is just "sufficient" for city and sedate highway driving, but feels slightly drained when pushed.

2. The Kodiaq too, is ok but not as exhilarating as the Endy, however, the faster GB and the lighter weight mask its lack of power.

3. Between the Endy 3.2 and the Kodiaq, I would recommend the Endy IF:

a. You need 4L.
b. You intend to push the vehicle to its limits offroad, at times.
c. Can live with its slightly lower FE.
d. Road presence matters to you/your driving environment.
e. You intend to keep the vehicle for a longer duration (5 plus years).

The new Endy isn't expected any time before June 2019 and it wont be the 2.0 at the time of its launch.

Personally, I prefer the old school 3.2 over the super high-tech 2.0.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4513648)
3. Between the Endy 3.2 and the Kodiaq, I would recommend the Endy IF:

a. You need 4L.
b. You intend to push the vehicle to its limits offroad, at times.
c. Can live with its slightly lower FE.
d. Road presence matters to you/your driving environment.
e. You intend to keep the vehicle for a longer duration (5 plus years).

Thanks n.devdath!
What do you mean by 'a' -> 4L?. You mean 3.2L engine? or money?. If its money, with discounts, Kodiaq is same as Endy 3.2

On 'c', yes, FE is also a consideration as I hear its around 6 in the city and 10 on highways!. I plan to keep the new one for 6 years.
Agree on b and d, which is why i am a little inclined towards Endy and Wifey, a little inclined towards Kodiaq :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4513648)
The new Endy isn't expected any time before June 2019 and it wont be the 2.0 at the time of its launch.

Personally, I prefer the old school 3.2 over the super high-tech 2.0.:)

mmm... i was hoping for April and also the 2.0L one too :(