Voters: 503. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 14:56   #61
BANNED

Re: Skoda Kodiaq vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
What do you mean by 'a' -> 4L?.
On 'c', yes, FE is also a consideration as I hear its around 6 in the city and 10 on highways!.
I meant 4WD low ratio gearbox.
If you don't need it, you can look at other crossovers like the Kodiaq.

FE in cities is usually around 8kmpl and around 10 on the highways but the comparative service costs offset that significantly.

Ford's SPP is a boon and ensures that service is very, very affordable.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 18:19   #62
BHPian

Voted for the Endeavour. Simple argument:
+Premium, unreliable = Skoda Kodiaq
+Utilitarian, reliable = Fortuner
Best of both worlds = Endeavour

- Low power = Kodiaq
+Torque monster = Fortuner
Massive torque, massive power, fun to drive = Endeavour
....and I can go on and on comparing both.

Get my point? The Endeavour slots in beautifully between the Fortuner and Kodiaq at a VFM price. It does the best of the Kodiaq and Fortuner beautifully.
Old 24th August 2020, 17:27   #63
BHPian

New Car Advice- On the road price of 40 to 45 Lakhs

This is my first post on the forum.

I own a Octavia 1.8 TSI. In the last a little over five years it has done only around 42,000 kms and I'm looking at replacing it. I don't expect my usage to change much over the next 5-6 years. We have a hatchback which is used for regular everyday run. The replacement car will be self driven and will primarily be for my office trips and occasional highway use. We are a family of five (the fifth one is a four legged one and doesn't have any opinion on cars. Rear leg room and comfort is priority. The car shouldn't be too long, a few inches longer than Octavia is doable.

Earlier had thoughts of getting an SUV, but that may have to wait for later. Considering that it is going to be mainly driven in the city and use is limited, have decided against the big diesel SUVs.

I haven't had any major issues with Skoda ASS and therefore don't mind a Skoda again.

Was seriously considering Karoq.I took a short test drive and loved the way it drives. Had to rule it out as the rear leg room was limited and didn't feel like an upgrade from Octavia.

The Superb ticks all the boxes. The only thing with it is that the interiors feels identical to Octavia. I really love the car - drives beautiful, new 2 litre TSI plus the new DSG seems like a wonderful package and don't mind the interiors looking same as Octy. I may also get a decent discount on the price. But the better half is very clear that it should look different from how the Octy looks.

Had a look at the Tiguan Allspace. Clearly a station wagon and not an SUV. But I like its looks. And drives like a car. Is very good to use as a five seater (third row is a disaster) with a large boot. All of us like it. The only issue based on reviews, is the questionable fuel efficiency.

Didn't try the Camry. I know, that many may think that Camry is the best sedan in my price range. But somehow I'm not attracted to it. Don't like the front of the car. The length and GC are another aspects which is dissuading me. I know Superb may also have the same issues.

The recent revised pricing of the limited edition 3 GT, has made thing very interesting. While the OTR is over our budget, but I am willing to stretch it for this German. All of us love the looks of GT (which I know is very subjective). Loved the way it drives. The rear space and comfort is much better than the 3 series. Have only seen positive reviews from owners on the forum. But then its being phased out, so not sure if one should go for it. I'm not sure if any further discounts are being offered by the dealers and so any advice on this will be very helpful.

I'm looking for suggestion and advice from members. Which one should I pick? Or should I just hold on for few more months and wait for the Kodiaq TSI and the Citroen C5 launch in Q1.
Thanks
Vin76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 18:32   #64
BHPian

Re: New Car Advice- On the road price of 40 to 45 Lakhs

Please wait for the Kodiaq petrol and check it out. Superb will always carry it's similarities with the Octy so that's out of the equation. Kodiaq will give you luxury, petrol engine, space and many more for the price. Kodiaq is an excellent all rounder.

+ Skoda now has excellent warranty/service packages and they are serious about the Indian market. It will be a safe bet.

Last edited by kamilharis : 25th August 2020 at 18:53.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 19:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Kodiaq was the first car that came to my mind while reading your post. The TSI variant shall be worth the wait if you're not in a hurry to upgrade.

By that time you can also ponder over your decision to Keep, Upgrade or Swap (ARTICLE: YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?)

As your usage is not extensive or regular, why not consider a 1 or 2 yr old 3GT? The class of cars you're considering depreciate heavily. I'd strongly recommend a lightly used car rather than spending big money on new ones (even if you have the money).

Last edited by self_driven : 25th August 2020 at 19:52.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 20:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin76 View Post
Was seriously considering Karoq.I took a short test drive and loved the way it drives. Had to rule it out as the rear leg room was limited and didn't feel like an upgrade from Octavia
Right judgement here. After having owned the 1.8 L, the 1.5 L engine in Karoq would've been a downgrade for sure.

Since you are worried about GC too, Kodiaq seems to be fitting the bill. It drives more like a car than an SUV. Being a Skoda, you'll feel at home. You could even look at getting a pre worshipped copy(~1-2 years old) which means you'll get a diesel engine. Only grouse is one may feel it a tad under powered with only 150 bhp on the tap.

If you're ok to go the pre worshipped route, a 1-2 year old X3 would be a good choice too and would easily fall well within your budget. Look for one with an extended warranty package. IMHO, I feel even a Superb or Camry won't be quite an upgrade from Octavia.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 20:44   #67
Team-BHP Support

New

Your options are Superb, Kodiaq and 3 GT.

Used
I would suggest if you are open to used at a much lower budget than you have in mind, a 2 year old Superb, Kodiaq, Tiguan or 3 GT make great options.

Other options at similar price to your budget in used could be a used 530d, GLC, GLE, E class. All would make excellent upgrades over the Octavia. Pre 2017 E maybe if you don't want the LWB E. They could be had for sub 30L I guess.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:49   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is my first post on the forum.

I own a Octavia 1.8 TSI.

...have decided against the big diesel SUVs.

The recent revised pricing of the limited edition 3 GT, has made thing very interesting.

Or should I just hold on for few more months and wait for the Kodiaq TSI and the Citroen C5 launch in Q1.
Congratulations for your first post! I upgraded from an Octavia TSI to a 330i Sport. I'd suggest you go for the 330i GT which is already priced very well. It'll tick all your needs and feel like a true update to your Octavia. The suspension is reputedly soft for a more pliant ride, but nothing too bad unless you're really into serious corner carving. Search for graaja's ownership thread.

Approach the dealers and wring out more discounts from them. As Tom Cruise said succintly in Jim Maguire, 'show them the money' and let them know you're a serious buyer.

Let us know what you decide
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 20:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congratulations for your first post! I upgraded from an Octavia TSI ...............…..

Search for graaja's ownership thread.

Approach the dealers and wring out more discounts from them. As Tom Cruise said succintly in Jim Maguire, 'show them the money' and let them know you're a serious buyer.

Let us know what you decide
Thanks.

We are also leaning towards the 3 GT. Had a chat with the Manager at the dealership who says there is no dealership discount at all on the shadow edition. Didn't seem like a big fan of Tom Cruise or Jerry Maguire. But let's see, how it goes.

I see that the overwhelming majority has suggested that I wait for the Kodiaq. That's what I may do if the bmw dealer does not budge.

By the way, I took a test drive of the Endeavour in peak city traffic earlier today. Came back pretty impressed with the ease of driving the butch. Though the diesel lag in slow moving traffic was prominent. Would have seriously considered it if my use was not limited to the city.
Old 25th September 2020, 22:07   #70
BHPian

What did you buy Vin76? Any luck with 3GT shadow edition discounts?

Heard from one of my friend at Merc that right now there are no discounts from the company and will start towards the end of year depending on the market recovery. Assuming similar thinking at BMW too.
Old 25th September 2020, 22:26   #71
BHPian

For the Fortuner
Missing sunroof, auto-dimming IRVM, lumbar adjustment, front parking sensors, auto-wipers etc.

Pricey! More expensive than the better-equipped & equally-competitive Ford Endeavour

@MODS Kindly edit this as the auto-dimming IRVM has been added in the Fortuner with the September 2018 update and with the recent hikes the Endeavour has become more expensive.

Last edited by sv97 : 25th September 2020 at 22:30.
Old 28th September 2020, 14:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
What did you buy Vin76? Any luck with 3GT shadow edition discounts?

Heard from one of my friend at Merc that right now there are no discounts from the company and will start towards the end of year depending on the market recovery. Assuming similar thinking at BMW too.
Haven’t finalised anything yet. After lot of back and forth with the dealer, the best they have offered is 50 lac on road. That’s around 1.5 to 2 lac discount. Still contemplating, considering the old platform.
Old 3rd October 2020, 23:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Haven’t finalised anything yet.
Since many here have proposed the Kodiaq, which is due in 2021. Have you test-driven the 2.0 TSI Tiguan Allspace. Other than the badging (VW/ Skoda), I presume most of the features will be as-is between these two cars. I looked at the online reviews and the specs and came out impressed. The only grouse being the mileage. But, I believe the Endeavour or a TSI Kodiaq won't be much better either, matter of 1-2 kmpl which may not matter much. Being petrol, I read this is very quiet.

-Kalyan
Old 4th October 2020, 07:49   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Have you test-driven the 2.0 TSI Tiguan Allspace. Other than the badging (VW/ Skoda), I presume most of the features will be as-is between these two cars.
Yes. I did. Nothing to complain. Liked the drive, except that I felt that there was a bit of a lag at low rpms (below 1500). Didn’t feel it in the Superb which has the same engine configuration. According to the VW SA, the lag in the Tiguan could be due to the extra weight if the car and the four motion technology. Not sure, if the technology can cause the lag.
Old 11th February 2021, 14:06   #75
BHPian

Looking for SUV in 20-40 range

My old workhorse Civic, is showing its age and in my last Goa trip, my wife has put her foot down that we need to change our car( its 12 years old).

Having driven the Civic, I need a vehicle that gives me the comfort and ride quality of a sedan as well as the presence of a SUV. Having driven sedans all my life, I am now itching towards a SUV and in this oppressing Bangalore traffic(pre-COVID) would definitely need an automatic.

Initially I was keen on an electric option but the range and the infra is not good enough for it being my only vehicle.

While I started with a smaller budget, I do have a company lease option, where I could stretch my budget a bit more, which is why the big range of budget mentioned in the subject line.

We are a 4 member family, so a 5 seater should be enough. However, I sold off my second car, so the occasional extended family visits and trips (post COVID) would be better via a larger vehicle.

The list of vehicles I plan to research and test drive and select (all by March end) are
1. Kia Seltos
2. Tata Harrier
3. Hyundai Tucson
4. Jeep Compass
5. Ford Endeavor
6. VW Tiguan
7. Toyota Fortuner
8. BMW X1

Of these, the VW Tiguan is out, as I was told that they had imported 1000 cars and all are sold, so they expect the next batch only in April.

The plan is to do Test Drives in the next 2 weekends and shortlist it to the last three.

Let me know if I am missing any car worth searching as also things to take care.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th February 2021 at 20:55. Reason: Typo
Pseud is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks