Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following will you choose?
Mahindra Scorpio 36 10.06%
Tata Safari Storme 28 7.82%
Mahindra XUV500 76 21.23%
Tata Hexa 178 49.72%
Hyundai Creta 30 8.38%
Renault Captur 1 0.28%
Other (please specify in your post) 9 2.51%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 22:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio vs the competition

Having a wild thought of going for a Scorpio. Some insights please - Does it make any sense to go for it in this era?

Will anyone frown the eyebrows? To be honest, I have no craze of having most modern electronic gizmos. In fact I believe that the less complicated it all is, the better. Neither I am a purist on safety aspects - fine with whatever safety the Scorpio offers. The car I have been driving for the past 10 years neither have ABS nor any airbags. Would like to have a butch presence on the road and a character and I personally like Scorpio too and if bought I would keep it for the next 10 years or so or as long as possible. Does these mean then that a Scorpio is not a bad idea?

But then this price list worries me. Why is it sitting in XUV segment. Does it make any sense to go for a Scorpio S9 when you get a XUV W5 or W7 at a lesser price?

Ex showroom:

Mahindra Scorpio vs the competition-scr.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th October 2020 at 22:41.
Old 17th October 2020, 22:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio vs the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Having a wild thought of going for a Scorpio. Some insights please - Does it make any sense to go for it in this era?
Inspite of being a Scorpio owner myself for the last 10 years, I would advise against buying it now, simply because a new version is in the pipeline and could be launched anytime in the near to mid-term future (purely my guess, no source as such). Even if you buy a S5 now to keep costs low, it would get outdated pretty soon. If you absolutely have to scratch the itch, a pre-owned vehicle would be better than a new one.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks