Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2006, 09:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

If you read my post I suggested Innova Petrol because it gives great comfort compared with diesel one. If one gives balanced importance between refinement and ride comfort then its Innova.

I suggested Safari If "TheDoc" 's dad gives more importance to comfort than refinement. Then its Safari.

Safari lacks refinement compared with Innova but Safari Wins in ride comfort with Innova although Innova come very close.

Take example of me: Dec 12th I travelled 430km from bangalore -> chitradurga -> haveri -> sirsi -> Village .. out of which aprox. 100km not good road but still we maintained 50km avg speed in Innova and ride comfort is very good. With safari in bad roads you can achieve slightly better speed.

Innova is the car / MUV where you can't find anything wrong with it.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th December 2006, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Would recommend the Innova for sure in this, as the corporate image is there! Innova is great for long travels, spacious, and more economical in running than the Safari. u wudnt need a 4x4 for a lil offroading, unless u go over a lot of sand and mud, and rocks!
Old 18th December 2006, 17:53   #18
BHPian

Well, i took the Safari for a test ride today. VST motors sent a EX 4x4 car which was to be delivered soon. I was not impressed that. And i pressed the clutch and put the car into first gear. Voila, my foot is off the pedal, but the pedal is still fully depressed. after a lot of apologies, he promised to return with another car is half an hour. Im still waiting for it :-)

Well, i called up concorde motors and they sent the demo car. The person was more of a professional and knew something about the car. Took the car for a long drive and i was really impressed. I got used to the small rev-range pretty quickly and the car's shifting was good. The clutch was a bit heavy, though.

anyways, i was impressed. Will try the innova tomorrow, but unless its a lot better, i think i'll recommend the Safari.

Thanks a bunch T-BHPians :-)
Old 18th December 2006, 20:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Most of the people who drive Safari in congested traffic tired fast because of its heavy clutch pedal also gear shift and not so sharp brakes like Innova/Santro. However If you need great comfort on highway/bad roads its Safari.

But I feel Innova Petrol version make you feel really comfortable with its silent and smooth drive/ride.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th December 2006, 15:14   #20
BHPian

See if your dad wants a no-nonsense car then go for the innova would be a good choice,even your dad would be able to drive it however if your dad wants a car which reflects his position in the company then go for the safari.
My recommendation would be the 4x4 safari vx since it fits your bill perfectly it is great highway car ,has the ice setup pre-installed and would be able to comfortably do the the 5% off-roading with ease and since it is company car even though the safari is not known for its realibility ,even if something crops up it would be the company's headache .
Old 19th December 2006, 15:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
See if your dad wants a no-nonsense car then go for the innova would be a good choice,even your dad would be able to drive it however if your dad wants a car which reflects his position in the company then go for the safari.
My recommendation would be the 4x4 safari vx since it fits your bill perfectly it is great highway car ,has the ice setup pre-installed and would be able to comfortably do the the 5% off-roading with ease and since it is company car
Quote:
even though the safari is not known for its realibility ,even if something crops up it would be the company's headache
being stranded in the middle of nowhere with In Car entertainment & a driver to take care of would naturally be a dream come true, i suppose.
Old 19th December 2006, 17:23   #22
BHPian

my pick for you...

considering your parameters - 95% highway drive, 1 lakh kms usage, highway safety, luggage space, comfort and reliability strongly reminds me only one name from the available lot... TOYOTA INNOVA!!!

One of the main parameter begs me to avoid TATA's!! Otherwise 'Dicor-ed' Safari is a proven machine in all other areas.....

What say guys?!!

cheers...!
Old 19th December 2006, 18:15   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
Well, i took the Safari for a test ride today. VST motors sent a EX 4x4 car which was to be delivered soon. I was not impressed that. And i pressed the clutch and put the car into first gear. Voila, my foot is off the pedal, but the pedal is still fully depressed. after a lot of apologies, he promised to return with another car is half an hour. Im still waiting for it :-)
That Pearl White EX 4x4 is the only 4x4 available at the moment in Chennai. It was manufactured in July or August 2006 and has been sitting in the showroom. It has around 700 km on the clock and they tried to sell it to me. They were quoting 9.5 lakhs OTR (after all possible discounts) for that piece.

I'm mentioning this specifically because before I saw it on Saturday, the dealer claimed it had never left the showroom except for a visit to the workshop and that it had not and would not be given to anybody for a test drive. One look at the car told me it had been used and the odo confirmed it.

I wonder who's ultimately taking delivery of this EX 4x4.
Old 19th December 2006, 18:26   #24
BHPian

safari by my choice. even if a tata goes wrong in the middle of a highway u can get it fixed, dont think its so easy with any other brand except m&m or maruti.

also safari represents a car as well as an SUV whereas innova's a big van. dont know what respect it will command in the power corridors?
Old 19th December 2006, 20:20   #25
BHPian

You forgot one thing esteem lover the dicor uses the same engine as the tata 407 truck in the crdi form.
Old 20th December 2006, 22:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani View Post
safari by my choice. even if a tata goes wrong in the middle of a highway u can get it fixed, dont think its so easy with any other brand except m&m or maruti.
And Innova is so reliable that it doesn't go wrong in the middle of a highway and there is no need to fix it

Quote:
also safari represents a car as well as an SUV whereas innova's a big van. dont know what respect it will command in the power corridors?
These days Safari doesn't command respect in corporate world. Endeavour and CR-V definitely do but not Safari.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks