Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which of the following petrol ATs will you choose?
Mahindra XUV500 13 7.56%
Toyota Innova Crysta 38 22.09%
Hyundai Creta 31 18.02%
Jeep Compass 63 36.63%
Honda BR-V 10 5.81%
Hyundai Tucson 10 5.81%
Other (please specify in your post) 7 4.07%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2018, 09:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol AT Showdown: Mahindra XUV500 vs the others

Large petrol SUVs don't make sense. Even Innova petrol buyers are far & few which is much better compared to XUV 5oo. Large petrol motors come with their own challenges and performance can only be expected if one is not looking at fuel efficiency.

Toyota is equally competent in producing petrol as well as diesel mills and Mahindra as of now stands no chance in front of these biggies for refined petrol motor.

Using the diesel block reminds me of the change of heart of diesel DTC buses in Delhi to create CNG compatibility.

The XUV petrol motor is neither light in weight nor refined. I am not comparing it with iVTec, which is a different league altogether; yet the general refinement levels do not match when you start the engine (I have not driven the car, just got a chance to sit and start the car this weekend at Mahindra Dealership in Delhi); I had to reconfirm with the sales person if this is indeed petrol !

My vote goes to Creta (5 seating capacity) and Innova (7 / 8 seating capacity); both are refined, reliable and offer autobox for driving ease.

Last edited by i74js : 16th April 2018 at 09:56.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed