Skoda Kodiaq Style 2.0L TDi 4x4 DSG 38 11.55%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 14:37   #91
BHPian

Re: The definitive full-size 7-seater Premium SUV shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Even with such pricing don't you think we should stay away from such vehicles. The problem with such cars is the after sales and services, in case of spares and part replacements it will take hell lot of time.
Agreed . That's a huge calculated risk. But why someone like me would even consider the possibility is because the current scenario is frustrsting :-

From these seven SUVs i've discussed, the status of options remaining today are as follows.

Skoda Kodiaq Great car.- Now Missing in action. Return of the petrol Avatar?

Endeavour - Ford Mahindra JV. downsized engine, features deleted, prices propped up. Should've bought the 3.2 when it was available. Not enough even popping up on pre owned route because owners are holding onto the vfm suv.

MuX - Missing in action. Don't know what version they ll get here after bs6.

Fortuner - Facelift around the corner, just keeps getting more expensive and more financially inaccessible with every iteration.

Which leaves the Alturas.

Cars are getting insanely expensive. the D2 SUVs will soon touch 50 lakhs. The Darien Gap still exists and there is a huge chasm to reach D2. 5 seater csuvs have invaded what was once Safari scorpio territory and stretched that segment further north. Top end Harriers sell for 24 lakhs on road !

For most of us who are stretching to reach D2 financially, things are grim and desperate and that does put wild ideas like this in ones head.

Finally, it's such a volatile world nowadays that what's stable today shakes tomorrow. I didn't see it coming but today in India,we are dealing with such vehicles regardless of the difference in the terms of contracts,and beyond our shared optimism, we are looking at Mahindra - Ford (51-49%) Endeavour and the Mahindra-SsangYong (70-30%) Alturas. Only the second partnership is bankrupt and so it's scary.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 16:54   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
With the SsangYong bankruptcy, the available stock of G4s should go up for a bargain and bring the price down further. The Alturas is a highly underrated car as Ive explained in the OP. And at the right price it could be a steal.
Drove an Alturas today, belonging to an acquaintance, so while I didn't do a very rough ride, the drive was pretty underwhelming, specially in Kerala roads ( where I'm now), the gearshifts did not inspire any confidence while overtaking on narrow roads. And the interiors are way too gimmicky, not to my taste at all. Also, not sure if it's due to the roads or this particular vehicle, I felt the Old Gen Fortuner had better ride quality an lesser body roll/ movement.

Personally, of all the cars I've driven, Pajero Sport (MT) has managed to plaster a grin, Fortuner MT while boring is impossible to not consider simply because it's a Toyota.

Will check the Trailblazer whenever I get the opportunity, have not driven it ever, but can't be bad with 500 NM of Torque can it...
Old 24th December 2020, 16:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Damodaran View Post
Personally, of all the cars I've driven, Pajero Sport (MT) has managed to plaster a grin
It is a gem of a vehicle and with the pathetic resale of Mitsubishi cars, you will get excellent examples at a very low price. Go for it, if you can live with the lead time for procuring spares.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 22:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It is a gem of a vehicle and with the pathetic resale of Mitsubishi cars, you will get excellent examples at a very low price. Go for it, if you can live with the lead time for procuring spares.
It sure is! I'm using my current Cedia as a benchmark for obtaining spares, post Cedia, getting spares for PS seems to be a walk in the park
Old 11th February 2022, 15:09   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Managed to get a Pre Owned Pajero Sport and cant wipe the grin off my face.

No Idea why these didn't sell as much as they should have. Got it remapped as well and its a blast!
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 13:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Damodaran View Post
Managed to get a Pre Owned Pajero Sport and cant wipe the grin off my face.

No Idea why these didn't sell as much as they should have. Got it remapped as well and its a blast!
Congratulations! Mitsubishi Motors makes some lovely automobiles. Only if their after-sales standards in India were anywhere near their product standards, it would have worked wonders for them. Enjoy your beast! And do post some pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks