Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MPV would you choose?
Maruti Ertiga 40 14.23%
Mahindra Marazzo 61 21.71%
Toyota Innova Crysta 96 34.16%
Renault Lodgy 2 0.71%
Honda BR-V 6 2.14%
Mahindra TUV300 Plus 1 0.36%
Tata Hexa 74 26.33%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 0.36%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2019, 21:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga vs the others

Voted for Ertiga as a vehicle that ticks all boxes at the price offering and a practical need of an extended family.
Of course Innova is the best option if the usage(frequent highway tours) and budget fits (even start with GX AT)
Marazzo would have been right fit if it had the AT box from XUV/Scorpio and luggage space. Not sure why they skimped on that given the MUV space it is occupying
Old 24th February 2019, 11:29   #17
BHPian

Decision was easy for me. Urban family, petrol requirement, ease of driving. Voted for the Ertiga.

Last edited by GTO : 24th February 2019 at 18:33. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts correctly
keshav1426 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2019, 13:35   #18
BHPian

Hexa has garnered the second highest number of votes yet I've seen only ONE post which says he's voted for Hexa, whereas Ertiga & Marazzo guys are more. C'mon Hexa voters, you can post as well!

I too have voted for the Hexa. Leads the pack in all parameters which I find necessary in an SUV - space, powerful engine & torque & ride quality. Well priced for what it offers.

Innova is frankly overpriced, imho, Toyota can reduce it by at least 2l, yet such is the brand recall & iron clad image set in the minds of buyers that they're willing to pay anything for it & so Toyota is just minting money.

Last edited by GTO : 26th February 2019 at 07:54. Reason: Removing unnecessary bits
Old 24th February 2019, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Voted for Innova. Innova is undoubtedly the best of the lot but also the most expensive car of them all. So it really depends on the budget. Ertiga will cost almost 2/3rd of that of Innova. Marazzo is probably the most value for money. But its long term reliability is yet to be tested.
Old 24th February 2019, 14:23   #20
BHPian

Saw a brand new Marrazzo on the highway for the first time yesterday and I was impressed on how it looked. Of course, I couldn't gauge how it drove but the car created a first good impression on me.

Innova had become a symbol of Toyota's quality and reliability and a symbol of Toyota's greed as well in my opinion, it's nowhere near worth 28 lakhs (on the road price) for the sum of its parts and quality. It's purely a play on the demand side of the car. If one discounts the resale price (which is an important factor but still), it's easy to discount Innova for not being value for the money.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 24th February 2019 at 14:34. Reason: Expanded shortened words.
Old 24th February 2019, 15:10   #21
BHPian

Interesting to see the low numbers for BRV, TUV and the Lodgy - these are reflective of the real world sales figures too.
What's wrong with these vehicles? The Lodgy has been highly praised (even on the official review) for its ride quality, the Honda has the badge value and the TUV (probably) is decent vale for money. So what went wrong for these MUVs?
Old 24th February 2019, 17:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If I was looking for something more value-for-money, it would be the Marazzo. The Ertiga has improved, yes, but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me.
Since you seem to have experienced both cars, which car do you believe is a better overall package?

I felt that the Marazzo was a better (albeit more expensive) product, but auto publications have been singing praises about the Ertiga, and saying that it does almost everything better than the Marazzo.
Old 24th February 2019, 17:53   #23
BHPian

ACI has put up comparison of Ertiga vs Marazzo vs Lodgy. Lodgy hardly makes a case. Ertiga emerges the winner. Some points:

Ertiga scores in the following areas:
  • Car-like drive
  • Gets a Petrol engine.
  • Easier ingress to 2nd row. Airy cabin.
  • Better third row in terms of under thigh support and overall comfort.
  • Better ride quality and comfort
  • More luggage space.
  • Pricing and FE

Loses in:
Laggy and weak engine.

Marazzo scores in the following areas:
  • A size larger than Ertiga in interiors, seating height.
  • Stronger and refined engine
  • Higher seating, body-on-frame chasis
  • 4 star crash rating.

Loses in:
Some ergonomic issues, occasional blind spots.

Old 24th February 2019, 18:39   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Since you seem to have experienced both cars, which car do you believe is a better overall package?

I felt that the Marazzo was a better (albeit more expensive) product
Agreed with you. The Marazzo is superior in almost every way, and it also has a 4-star NCAP safety rating now. The diesel engine is way better than the Ertiga's, as is the ride quality, cabin space, features and refinement (Ertiga's NVH is poor). It's totally worth the premium over the Ertiga.

Of course, if you want a petrol, there's no contest.
Old 24th February 2019, 18:53   #25
BHPian

Ertiga it is, for me. Because, for my requirements and running, a petrol would be the better option, and there are no other worthy petrol MPVs around in it's price segment.

MSIL has nailed it with the latest generation Ertiga, when it comes to practicality, space and comfort, ease of driving, etc which are crucial parameters for any MPV buyer. The Ertiga is the only product from MSIL's stable that I really like, because it is such a VFM offering. I have travelled a lot in Ertiga cabs and contrary to what most people say, I have always felt the ride comfort to be better and more car-like than the Innova, due to which it induces lesser travel-sickness and fatigue. The third-row is surprisingly usable for adults, considering the car's size.

Of course, yes, the build quality isn't comparable to the bigger ones and safety is questionable as well; I hope it scores well in crash tests, but within a budget of a million rupees, there's nothing else that matches it's value.
Old 24th February 2019, 18:59   #26
BHPian

Voted for the Hexa!

Looks much better than the Crysta and is equally comfortable to ride in . The 2.2 Dicor with 400 Nm torque pulls the behemoth well enough. Also, I can't fathom the premium the Crysta commands over the Hexa.

Ertiga, Marazzo, Lodgy & BRV are mini MPVs - I wouldn't consider them if I wanted a 7 seater. The TUV 300+ is too basic for me!
Old 25th February 2019, 08:42   #27
bkc
BHPian

Ertiga is too good for the price but, would always wait until the crash ratings are revealed. The mere mention of heartect platform, gives me a heart attack.

The next pick would be the hexa, for its ride quality on rough road alone.

Last edited by bkc : 25th February 2019 at 08:44. Reason: spelling error
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 09:18   #28
BHPian

Voted for the Hexa. It was a tough call between the Marazzo and the Hexa but eventually my vote went to the Tata stable. Combined with the 4X4 abilities and Tata's brilliant rear seat comfort, I could see a wider versatility between being chauffeur driven and someone intending to explore the off roads from behind the steering wheel. Tata surely makes More Car Per Car.

Etriga is a typical "Maruti" for me. And I haven't seen a single modern day Maruti that has a good build quality except for the S Cross.
Old 25th February 2019, 09:19   #29
BHPian

I don't think this is a fair poll considering the price of the vehicles, so I won't vote. But will put my views:

Budget above 25: Innova
Budget around 20: Hexa
Budget around 10: Ertiga

On the others:
Mahindra Marazzo: not in the first year
Renault Lodgy: LOL
Honda BR-V: not worth it
Mahindra TUV300 Plus: no thanks
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 10:08   #30
BHPian

If I would have budget as second thought I would choose Innova Crysta with my eyes closed considering my big family. This car ticks all checks that I have for a people mover. I'm very much satisfied with it's ride quality over a long drive that we did in a rental Innova. Though the middle row was a bench seat my parents didn't complain but they felt more comfortable.

My second choice would be Tata Hexa. Looking at Hexa just as MPV it comes next to Innova.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks