Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV300 vs the competition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV300 vs the competition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/208721-mahindra-xuv300-vs-competition-2.html)

Voted for Tata Nexon both on forum and with wallet. So far happy with purchase. XUV300 boot was a deal breaker. Also price and the fact I don't prefer fresh off the line cars, I rejected XUV300 in favour of Tata Nexon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 4579145)
The quirky design also at least feels toned down slightly with the single tones and the dropping of the 3rd shade that separated the dual tone colors.

For sure. When we were shopping for CSUV, we liked the Nexon, but wife was put off by the overdone design. But in Grey shade much of that is hidden and it looks fairly OK in this shade.

They could have offered a Brown or a darker shade of Blue like on the Hexa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek46 (Post 4579158)
However, the poll could have included the upcoming Hyundai Venue.

None of us have seen the car, except a couple of media folks. There is no fair way to asses an upcoming car now - at least till the Team Bhp official review is out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarik.arora (Post 4579338)
A little :OT
I think the "what you will like section" of Nexon should specifically mention its 5-star safety rating because it is now the biggest USP for Nexon.

Please check the review. It was already added back in February itself.

Oh boy, the Vitara Brezza stands at just under 3% in this poll, so far! It would seem as if a majority of the owners aren't BHP-ians! :D

For me, it would have to be the Tata Nexon! Tata has got so many things right with this car in the first go:Sure, there are some rough edges here and there, and it has also been plagued by Tata's notorious feature-deletion, but it comes across as the most well-rounded package in this comparison. Not to mention it's extremely well-priced for what it offers.

In my opinion, the Nexon narrowly beat the Ford Ecosport - a car that does almost everything right, save for the cramped cabin, stiff ride, and a consistently northward trend in pricing. The Mahindra XUV3OO also scores high on finesse and equipment, but is simply too expensive (especially in the top variants)! Also, I can't seem to get used to the disproportionate dimensions, what with the long front overhang and the truncated rear bumper, and a woefully small boot (my Hyundai i10 seems to have similar boot space). And about the Honda WRV, well, let's just say it doesn't bring much desirability to the table except for the stunning space management!

It has to be the EcoSport for me though its started showing its age externally atleast, while the new interiors imo are still the best in its class.

Had the opportunity to drive a Brezza extensively for a few days and I was mighty impressed by how Maruti has reduced the turbo lag compared to the earlier generation DDIS engines. The air con was excellent in 40+ ambient temperatures of Central India and the ride atleast on the front seats was excellent. However creaking plastics inside was a huge turn off. Every panel that I tried to press inside the cabin had some flex. Definitely felt a lot worse than my old Ritz.

WRV is almost a perfect car with spacious interiors but again build quality did not inspire too much confidence and the over styled exterior can be an eye sore. The petrol I drove was quite low on power and is surely underpowered on car of this size. Prefer the Jazz over the WRV anyday.

XUV30 and Nexon .. naah, I still dont trust Mahindra or Tata products to be mine so early in their life cycle and I hope for the buyer's sake, that the XUV300 airbags open when needed. However I admit that the Nexon has genuinely piqued my interest.

Ecosport, the pioneer of the segment still holds its ground IMO.
1) Best looks IMO. The facelift made it look even better (read sportier and butchier).
2) Comes with a host of engine choices. My pick is the Ecoboost which is the most fun to drive engine as per me. The diesel is frugal and comes with a practical tune as well.
3) The sorted handling! Well it's based on Fiesta so it has to be the best.
4) The S variant comes with all the bells and whistles that I can imagine.
5) Ford's strong built quality intact unlike the newer Fords.

Voted for Ecosports.

Punchy petrol and diesel engines, good driving dynamics, build quality, great looks (specifically S variant) and lovely interiors makes it the best among the others. AC is a chiller, which is boom in hot Indian summer. Though ride is firm, which is a problem on Indian roads. Rear seat is cramped up.

Brezza is the most fuel efficient, spacious and easy to maintain. It's the most logical choice here. But it has its shortcomings - average engine performance, not so appealing interiors, no petrol variant and light build are the few.

Nexon falls in between. Good looking inside out, 5 star safety rated, spacious and frugal. Though engines are ordinary and the after sale service is a gamble.

New kid - XUV 300 is fast (diesel) and rides well too. It is loaded with features. But it lacks on boot space and it's pricey. Rear seat is not comfortable for long rides. After sale service is also a concern.

Ford had first mover advantage in this segment. And happy to see them keeping the product relevant and desirable against the formidable competition.

Had Ford India stayed back full fledged, would have surely voted for Ecosport.
Instead, voted for Nexon. Love this car. The only drawback for Nexon is Tata's aftersales service, which is a hit or miss. But given their recent launches of world class cars, I am sure Tata will work on this area.
Mahindra XUV300- Great car for enthusiasts but overpriced. I would rather push my range and go for 1.6L Creta.
Vitara Brezza- A perfect looking SUV. Just hope, Maruti works on its build quality and brings in the 1.5L diesel from Ciazplease:.

I wonder, why Hyundai Venue was not included. I understand the car is not yet launched, but it has got potential.

Within the blink of an eyelid, I say “Ford Ecosport”.

Fantastic engines, solid build quality, reliable mechanicals, plush interiors, complacent appearance, mature ride and handling, ease of service and maintenance, overall a proven vehicle, all that makes me say, “Look no further”.

Hyundai Creta should have also appeared in the options. Any reason for opting it out?

Voted for Nexon for its 5-star safety ratings, robust build quality, good diesel engine, amazing music system and overall value-for-money. Of course, it's funky but I have seen lots of families enjoying funky as it is also practical.:D

I was recently in this dilemma. I went with Ecosport, like I did with my wallet. Here is my thought process:
1. Vitara Brezza: It was a good car - offered great value for money. Eliminated primarily because wife didn't like it and I felt that Ecosport and XUV300 had a better interior.
2. Nexon: This too had good value for money. 3 reasons this got eliminated: ride quality(jiggly, unlike other Tata vehicles), looks, features (ecosport/xuv offered more).
3. XUV300: I liked the engine, passenger space, and features. 3 reasons I chose Ecosport over this: boot space (We are a single car family. Road trips would be difficult with a boot smaller than my old Figo.), cost (1.2 lakhs more for 7 airbags compared to Ecosport Titanium+), cramped footwell (no space for my feet to rest beside the pedals).
4. Ecosport: Chose this. I loved the driver seat - felt instantly comfortable and that I could drive this for hours. Liked the features, safety options, engine, and the looks. Only the passenger space in second row could be better.

I still think Ecosport is the best of this lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas.negandhi (Post 4579433)
Hyundai Creta should have also appeared in the options. Any reason for opting it out?

Hi Tejas,

Here we are only discussing about compact i.e. sub-4 meter vehicles. Creta is more than 4 meters in length and a different segment altogether.

Voted for Nexon

- 5-star safety ratings,
-Reasonable maintenance cost.
-decent engine options .
-feature loaded line-up.
-good value for money.

Voted for the Nexon - 5* safety rating, good interiors, feature loaded, right pricing

Why not others
1. XUV 300 - Overpriced
2. Brezza - Meh!
3. Ecosport - Rear space & ride quality
4. Honda WR-V - Body styling too complex, not to my taste

Clearly the poll result seems to be at odds with the market trends. Brezza is the runaway leader in sales & here it's barely garnering any votes.